Bring a friend referral program

Thanks!

Thanks for all the information. Just called and will receive 50$ OBC for my daughters boyfriends. Just wanted to let you know I was told this needs to be done at least 7 days before sailing. I am at 9 days. Hope to see this on my seapass like they say.

Thanks for all the information. Just called and will receive 50$ OBC for my daughters boyfriends. Just wanted to let you know I was told this needs to be done at least 7 days before sailing. I am at 9 days. Hope to see this on my seapass like they say.

Keep checking your cruise planner. It may show up on there.

Our cruise is April 15th. A friend invited us and we booked in 2016 but believe we paid-in-full November 2017. We had to book through a TA as we used the majority of our Air Miles for the cruise. Two cabins for us. One for him.

Is he able to claim the "refer a friend" for our cabins or did this have to be done before/shortly after our paid-in-full date?

Our cruise is April 15th. A friend invited us and we booked in 2016 but believe we paid-in-full November 2017. We had to book through a TA as we used the majority of our Air Miles for the cruise. Two cabins for us. One for him.

Is he able to claim the "refer a friend" for our cabins or did this have to be done before/shortly after our paid-in-full date?

He can still claim the bring a friend credit.

• 1 month later...

Hello, did anyone receive any notification from RCCL that they were discontinuing the Bring a Friend program as of March 8th? I am sailing in two weeks with two other parties who both are first time RCCL cruisers. I submitted the "bring a friend" referral for the first one back in February, and dragged my feet in submitting the 2nd one until today. The rules were that you had to do it at least 7 days before the sail date. I was able to seemingly submit online today, but couldn't access any information on status. So I called a little while ago and was told that as of March 8th they no longer have this program, which means I am only getting credit for the one I submitted in February. I don't recall receiving any information anywhere about this! I want to try and push for the 2nd referral OBC but before I do am curious if anyone saw any alerts?? I want to kick myself for procrastinating.

There was a post here a couple months ago about the program being quietly cancelled as of February 28, 2018.

Then a poster (I cannot recall if it was the OP or a different poster) said they had contacted Royal and the program was not cancelled after all.

That was all I saw. There were only half a dozen posts on the subject, if that.

I've been wondering if it was truly cancelled. A friend applied for the Bring-A-Friend credit for the two cabins I booked before that February 28th cut-off date. His cruise planner has not shown the credit yet. Though I did read that the credit does not normally show until a few days before the cruise (April 15th cruise date).

Hmmm interesting. It's nowhere on their website, and in fact the link for submitting is still active and it let me submit the 2nd one today with no issues. Until I called, that is. The first referral that I submitted in late Jan/early Feb just posted today (April 18th sailing date). Thx for your responses!

www.RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend

Bob. Quick question. Why was this thread moved. This is the second one and I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or is it the nature of the thread. Thanks.

I consolidated the threads because they are the same subject.

I booked my cruise before March 8 and asked specifically about this and was told it was discontinued. I haven't been able to find half the links since the new login screen kicked in. Where did the preference page go to.....where you could put if you wanted beds together/apart etc.? I also can no longer find where my obc was applied. I had some that transferred from a fall cruise that was cancelled and I also had redeemed some from my cc. I have used most of it but I don't think my last $50 has every been applied though it shows the redemption on my cc statement.

I booked my cruise before March 8 and asked specifically about this and was told it was discontinued. I haven't been able to find half the links since the new login screen kicked in. Where did the preference page go to.....where you could put if you wanted beds together/apart etc.? I also can no longer find where my obc was applied. I had some that transferred from a fall cruise that was cancelled and I also had redeemed some from my cc. I have used most of it but I don't think my last $50 has every been applied though it shows the redemption on my cc statement.

The new preference page is a work in progress.

There was a post here a couple months ago about the program being quietly cancelled as of February 28, 2018.

Then a poster (I cannot recall if it was the OP or a different poster) said they had contacted Royal and the program was not cancelled after all.

That was all I saw. There were only half a dozen posts on the subject, if that.

I've been wondering if it was truly cancelled. A friend applied for the Bring-A-Friend credit for the two cabins I booked before that February 28th cut-off date. His cruise planner has not shown the credit yet. Though I did read that the credit does not normally show until a few days before the cruise (April 15th cruise date).

I was the one that posted that I was able to call after they cancelled the program. When I first spoke with the rep, she said there was nothing they could do. After asking to speak to a supervisor, he me told me they had reinstated it that day. We had booked last april and were told at the time to wait till closer to our cruise date to sign up. I mentioned this to the supervisor and he was able to get the OBC for us. Good luck. Below is the link to the older thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606633

I was the one that posted that I was able to call after they cancelled the program. When I first spoke with the rep, she said there was nothing they could do. After asking to speak to a supervisor, he me told me they had reinstated it that day. We had booked last april and were told at the time to wait till closer to our cruise date to sign up. I mentioned this to the supervisor and he was able to get the OBC for us. Good luck. Below is the link to the older thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606633

I'm glad you were able to get the OBC.

Turns out our friend did get the OBC for our 2 cabins. He checked a few days ago and it's showing in his cruise planner.

Hmmm interesting. It's nowhere on their website, and in fact the link for submitting is still active and it let me submit the 2nd one today with no issues. Until I called, that is. The first referral that I submitted in late Jan/early Feb just posted today (April 18th sailing date). Thx for your responses!

www.RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend

Update: they gave me the 2nd OBC even though I submitted the referral after March 8th (and despite my calling and being informed that the program was discontinued and I should have done it prior to 3/8)! I was surprised to see it applied. The link is no longer working though so it has officially ended. I guess because the link was still technically active they probably let it go through.