Pizza - leftovers or to-go from Alfredos?

Wishing on a star

Can this be done?

I haven't seen this mentioned, but thought I would ask!

What if you want better pizza in your cabin, or on deck, etc...

No way, I tried to get a pizza from alfredos for my wife who had twisted her ankle earlier in the day and was unable to leave the cabin. They told me they don't do take out. They said I could order pizza from room service or get some slices for her from the pizza place on lido deck by the pool. I ended up getting her something from IC. The room service pizza is not nearly as good and they said pineapple is not an available topping for room service pizza.

I hope your wifes ankle began to recover quickly!!!

I wonder if they would have had a wheelchair or rollater for her!!!

Either that, or this was a medical situation, and they should have allowed and/or provided options other than room service for her!!!!

Somebody on that Princess ship dropped the ball on that one.

I hope your wifes ankle began to recover quickly!!!

I wonder if they would have had a wheelchair or rollater for her!!!

Either that, or this was a medical situation, and they should have allowed and/or provided options other than room service for her!!!!

Somebody on that Princess ship dropped the ball on that one.

Thanks it did, our steward was the best! He rigged up some trash liners and filled them with ice to wrap around the ankle. She stayed off if for the night and next morning it was much better.

I can understand why they don't allow takeout at alfredos. If they did, so many orders would be happening that they wouldn't be able to handle the customers who want to eat there.

No big deal, I found something she would like at the IC and we are at alfredos another time.

What I didn't get was why room service couldn't build a pepperoni and pineapple pizza??

Couldn't you sit down in Alfredo's, order your pizza, and when it comes, pick up the plate and leave? Are they going to physically stop you at the entrance?

There you go.

Order a pizza, wait till the waiter leaves & throw a napkin over it & walk out.

What could they do? Chase you down the hallway. :D LOL

I thought the same thing as you CDay.... if one is willing to show up at the venue, order, etc.... then what happens after that should be their business.... BUT, I know that this kind of thing seems to be one of those crazy big deals on cruise ships. ????????

Why, did you try it and they physically stopped you? If they tried to stop me, I would tell them I needed to take medicine before my meal, and I forgot it in my cabin and don't want to walk all the way there and back. You are not asking for a box or anything special. The pizza's are individual size and come on a dinner plate.

Order a pizza, wait till the waiter leaves & throw a napkin over it & walk out.

What could they do? Chase you down the hallway.

The next time you went to eat in any restaurant suggest that you ate in the buffet!!

So they'll ban me from eating in any restaurant?

Yea right. :p LOL

btw- I've done the same thing a few times in the DR- without any problems.

I totally agree that an exception should have been made for a medical situation. As to mobility aids, the medical center has a very few wheelchairs which they can RENT (not loan) to guests who are injured on the ship. They treat them like gold and offer the only when they deem necessary. The make quite a big deal that if you know you'll need something during the cruise, you need to either bring it with you or rent one at the terminal. In most cases, travel insurance will cover this rental cost for the duration of the cruise.

My daughter became ill and was confined to her cabin with bronchial pneumonia. The dining room sent her dinner every night and we were permitted to get food from the dining room if it was open for lunch or Alfredos. We also got her food for breakfast at the buffet or dining room. This was last March on the Royal. She had special dietary needs as it was so that might have been a factor. She missed all but one or two stops but she was treated so kindly and fed so well that she didn't really mind being sick on the ship.

They even closed a portion of the deck temporarily so that she could wait while they had the steward go in with a mask and gloves on to disinfect her room

We could not say enough about how wonderfully she was treated. She cannot wait to try another cruise in the future!

Me again.... One reason that I posted this was because of some comments about how guests were not allowed to even take left-overs for later, like half a huge steak. I was wondering if this might be 'policy' regarding anything that might be considered perishable, or a food-born danger.

I can see the wheelchair situation, as they want to make sure the they have one if dire need arises....

I am glad that the injured ankle turned out okay!!!!

When we were on the Sapphire in 2013, my DH and I ordered our own pizza's, they were huge! We should have shared one, well anyway, we had at least half of each leftover and they said we cannot take them with us. We had to either finish it or leave it.

Couldn't you sit down in Alfredo's, order your pizza, and when it comes, pick up the plate and leave? Are they going to physically stop you at the entrance?

We have done this! It's probably frowned upon, but who cares?!

Me again.... One reason that I posted this was because of some comments about how guests were not allowed to even take left-overs for later, like half a huge steak. I was wondering if this might be 'policy' regarding anything that might be considered perishable, or a food-born danger.

I can see the wheelchair situation, as they want to make sure the they have one if dire need arises....

I am glad that the injured ankle turned out okay!!!!

They've delivered MDR or Specialty Restaurant leftovers to our cabin - a lot depends on your waiter since they have to either bring it themselves or have Room Service deliver it. But they aren't okay with you taking it away yourself. We do this a lot with desserts.

They've delivered MDR or Specialty Restaurant leftovers to our cabin - a lot depends on your waiter since they have to either bring it themselves or have Room Service deliver it. But they aren't okay with you taking it away yourself. We do this a lot with desserts.

That has been our experience also. Not allowed to walk out with a dessert, but they will get it to your cabin for you.

We had a Noro virus outbreak on the Crown in Oct/Nov, so NO WAY were they letting folks carry food out and about from any of the food venues, but I am sure some folks did it anyway...:eek:

You don't really believe that statement, do you?

People carry food out of the Horizon at every meal to take to their room on every Princess ship I've sailed on.

Actually I've never seen any signs that say food is not allowed to be taken out of the dining area even in the main dining rooms.

You don't really believe that statement, do you?

People carry food out of the Horizon at every meal to take to their room on every Princess ship I've sailed on.

Actually I've never seen any signs that say food is not allowed to be taken out of the dining area even in the main dining rooms.

Excuse me. It was a serious outbreak of Noro. You are correct about the buffet as it would be virtually impossible to stop everyone, but they were NOT allowing food out of the seated dining rooms. No signs, but enforced.