Carnival isn't very shy about loopholes.

AmazedByCruising

On the other hand, possibly those people are booking excursions that do interest them. I'm all for meeting the real people while traveling. You learn a lot more than just sticking with the "let's stop for a shopping experience" excursions.

I would be volunteering when people want to meet "authentic" Dutch people while they visit Holland. After a US commentator said that the Dutch are now winning medals because "skating is an important mode of transportation in Holland", I'd love to tell that the average Dutch person doesn't own skates, never visited the Anne Frank museum, never bothered to see tulips, doesn't own wooden shoes, and that the "authentic" Gouda cheese cannot even be found in supermarkets. Also, most people don't care if The Netherlands are referred to as Holland, which strangely is a recurring theme when I meet Americans.

Seems like the ship's excursions are possibly in conflict with the full-time schedule requirement - however, I seriously doubt that anyone would ever be prosecuted.

"Full time" means the same amount of time that you would spend if you were employed doing the "people to people" cultural exchange, or 40 hours per week, which works out to about 5.7 hours/day (40/7). Not sure how long the Carnival tour is. It doesn't mean the full time in the country. This is spelled out in the "guidances" given by Treasury in applying for a general permit.

. Also, most people don't care if The Netherlands are referred to as Holland, which strangely is a recurring theme when I meet Americans.

Well at least they speak of the right country..

I don't live in Switzerland, we don't have polarbears on our streets and I'm not a girl.. ;p