This is Probably why Seaside is skipping Nassau, More will follow

tonynypd

On Seaside right now, we were informed yesterday by letter, no Nassau stop due to weather conditions affecting route and that ship would sail around rough seas. We actually spoke with the captain a little over an hour ago and weather was reinterated. I would expect some choppy seas at some point.

Many folks from Ireland, UK and Europe due to unusual weather conditions there missed ship yesterday and will meet up with the ship in St. Thomas on Tuesday.

Wow. Sorry to hear about that.

Usually Nassau is the safe port stop and refuge for cruises that cannot get to islands where tendering is required due to inclement weather.

Last week the port of Nassau was at capacity because NCL Breakaway and Royal Caribbean chose to stay in port overnight and skip their private island stops due to high winds.

We were on the NCL Sky and our captain chose to stay in Nassau overnight as well and skip the third stop.

We didn't get off the boat this time in Nassau. Last time we were there we had a couple situations where I just felt unwanted and one situation where I felt unsafe. This was in broad daylight along the main drag right in front of the cruise port with my six foot five husband standing beside me. Felt friendlier away from the port. I just didn't feel like running the gauntlet to get past the dock surrounds.

And it was nice not having to wait in line for the water slides or for drinks in any of the bars. We were in the Jungle Pool and the whirlpool beside it for about an hour and a half. The only other folks were a couple sitting up by the bar and a family group playing ping pong at the table by the doors. Come to think of it sure keep going to Nassau. Let everyone get off and leave the ship to my spouse and I there next cruise. :)

We stayed onboard too, Gert! We hung out at the Miami Beach pool and had the pool mostly to ourselves!

Time will tell, Yeah, You get off at your own risk. The Liability is in the bad press.

It's a business.

But if a State Department issues a warning and you don't let your PAX know and or take them there anyway? Guess what?

I just post them, I don't write them. LOL

I read that RCCL will not go to Falmouth next season for the same reason and they are listed as safer than the Bahamas.

Shame, it will hurt the Island badly if it's not nipped in the bud.

Apparently most of the issues in Jamaica are near Falmouth, while Ocho Rios has continued to be pretty safe. That is where we docked. We got a bus right at the dock and were taken to Bamboo Beach Club without incident and we had a lovely day with very friendly and accomodating folks!

Edited by suzyed

We don’t mind Nassau at all.

In fact we were in Nassau twice last week on two separate cruises! First on the NCL Sky last Weds which turned into an overnight because they cancelled the Great Stirrup Cay stop due to high winds preventing the tendering process.

We were right back there again last Saturday on the Carnival Victory this time with a scheduled overnight in port.

On Weds we visited the relatively new Pirate Republic micro-brewery just a couple blocks from port and took their $14 brewery tour. It was an outstanding experience with the tour guide dressed in full pirate attire who gave us an in depth review of the pirate history of the islands followed by a very thorough and scientific description of their beer making process. The tour even included a large soft pretzel and a flight of their beers at the end! Well worth the money and lots of fun! We even took our friends back there on Saturday when we returned!

We walked to Junkanoo beach and enjoyed fresh conch salad and whole red snapper at Trip Advisor 5 star rated Crab & Ting on the beach. Again we brought our friends there on Saturday and Ms Sue remembered us and gave us the royal treatment!

After the beach we walked up to the Watling Rum Distillery for a tour and tastings and ventured our way back past Graycliff Chocolate Factory.

We think that there’s plenty to do on the island and we’re scheduled to be back there in Sept on the MSC Seaside! This time we hope to check out the pirate museum and the winery.

Thanks for this info....if we go to Nassau again, we will do this exactly as you did! We usually stay on the ship or make a quickie trip to John Bull or Senor Frogs, but these are all things we have not done before!

Suzyed ... Whereabouts in Senior Frogs from the port gate, last time we were there we did a taxi tour for just the two of us.

Sidari... Its real close... you are literally looking at the ships if your on the water side of Senor Frogs. Take a right and follow the shore road. Its next to the British Colonial Hilton Resort

Suzyed ... Whereabouts in Senior Frogs from the port gate, last time we were there we did a taxi tour for just the two of us.

Turn right once you come out of the cruise terminal building. You can walk along the water where the water taxis are or you can walk along the main street where all the stores are. Senor Frogs is just next to the Straw Market on the water. You can sit in there and eat and drink and still keep an eye on your ship!

Greetings

At the port gate turn right and keep along the water's edge. You will turn left at Senor Frogs and then right again by the Hilton. Just walk keeping the water to your right. After you pass the Hilton there are signs. It's about 1.5 km from the port gate.

Good Sailing

Tom