Okay so I'm a dude whose never been to the spa, but now I have a spa pass. Help.

Curious. What do you feel is different on the Escape than the Pearl. I like the smaller ships of the Jewel class plus I'm not personally interested in water slides etc so enjoy the more laid back lifestyle of the smaller ships.

Is the Spa just bigger to account for more passengers or do they offer other things the smaller don't.

The Spa on the BA was bigger than the Gem, everything was in the co-ed area, plus had a salt room

I have a spa balcony. Do I kneed to be prepared for hand to hand combat to secure a heated tile lounger?

Do people pee in the spa pool/hot tub as much as the ones up on deck?

What are all the things I can use without having to spend any $? I got the spa balcony on a GTY deal and have no interest in treatments or anything....would never book a spa balcony on its own, and after 6 cruises on the BA have never even set foot in the spa.

I've never been in the thermal suite, but love your questions! LOL!

Also do they have attendants monitoring those tile loungers so they get a good cleaning after each use?

On the one hand a warm tile lounger sounds lovely. On the other hand the image of some walrus sweating onto one of those things for 4 hours and then putting your skin directly onto that does not.

Also do they have attendants monitoring those tile loungers so they get a good cleaning after each use?

On the one hand a warm tile lounger sounds lovely. On the other hand the image of some walrus sweating onto one of those things for 4 hours and then putting your skin directly onto that does not.

That's why you wear the robe ;)

Also do most people go in wearing their normal clothes, and then change into a robe in the locker room?

Just depends on your preference and if you are coming directly from your room or another activity. Totally up to you. The locker room will have free lockers and robes/towels.

Naked under a towel. I've told you this. That's what everyone does.

Don't listen to this guy. This is just blatantly not true. I've been in the Thermal Spa on multiple ships, visited the spa every day, and never once saw anybody naked. Nudity is not allowed. Every single person in the spa has a bathing suit on.

My advice: go to the spa and just enjoy it. Don't go in with preconceived ideas of what it will be. You will love it. It is the most relaxing place on the ship.

I have a spa balcony. Do I kneed to be prepared for hand to hand combat to secure a heated tile lounger?

Do people pee in the spa pool/hot tub as much as the ones up on deck?

What are all the things I can use without having to spend any $? I got the spa balcony on a GTY deal and have no interest in treatments or anything....would never book a spa balcony on its own, and after 6 cruises on the BA have never even set foot in the spa.

You received a spa room with a guarantee rate. Wow! I didn't think that was ever possible. But pretty cool.

So what's the deal with this salt room. Do you rub salt on yourself? Or do you just sit there looking at a bunch of salt rocks and "feel healthier." I'm skeptical of the salt room.

you are right to be sceptical

all sorts claims that lowers blood pressure etc

what it is a cool[in temperature] room with benches round side and as you said a central display with salt rocks

oh and they sprinkle salt on floor

nothing at all like Japanese salt steam rooms I've visited in land spas

my least favourite room but the others make up for it

DUDE! ..

It's my understanding if you pee in the water it turns bright red and sets off alarms and show your face up on that big screen on deck - so don't do it.

Would like to hear what you think after you partake! DUDE!

You forgot to mention that in addition to bright red water and alarms.... EVERY TIME thereafter that a hostess swipes your card for a restaurant, their screen displays your offense and they give you a very disgusted shake of their head.

Lastly, not confirmed... but rumors have circulated that the entire spa staff visits the hallway in front of your stateroom door in the early hours of the morning.... explaining the wet carpeting.

So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...... we'd all prefer to refer to it a the big bubbling OOL (without a P in it)

Just a towel. Everyone will be naked underneath their towels. That's all you need.

That SEEMED to apply on NCL Jade, which had separate areas for men and woman, with an open archway to the communal, co-ed bubbling pool. But guys did stay covered up except to enter the jacuzzi in the single sex area.

NOT SO on larger ships where the entire Thermal Spa space is co-ed: suits required.

The spa is an amazing place. Just show up in your swim trunks and a shirt. Fruit infused water readily available and the best "hot tub" on the ship. Honestly my favorite place to be. Lucky that you got a Spa stateroom on a GY booking.

I wasn't that lucky! Enjoy.

Don't listen to this guy. This is just blatantly not true. I've been in the Thermal Spa on multiple ships, visited the spa every day, and never once saw anybody naked. Nudity is not allowed. Every single person in the spa has a bathing suit on.

First of all, I’m not a guy. Secondly, washy is smart enough to recognize that I was joking. I’m not sure what your problem is.

First of all, I’m not a guy. Secondly, washy is smart enough to recognize that I was joking. I’m not sure what your problem is.
I couldn't have all too much less of a problem than I do. Sorry you perceived that to be the case, but that's on you. You forgot to use your sarcasm font in your multiple posts so some people may not have known you were joking. For those people that come here looking for info, I wanted them to get the right info. Nudity in spas is pretty common outside the US so it's entirely possible that you could have been posting about spas in general and not specifically NCL spas. Again, sorry you thought I had a problem and that my generic use of the word "guy" upset you so much. Consider treating yourself to a relaxing spa day (with or without clothes) to chill out a bit.

Curious. What do you feel is different on the Escape than the Pearl. I like the smaller ships of the Jewel class plus I'm not personally interested in water slides etc so enjoy the more laid back lifestyle of the smaller ships.

Is the Spa just bigger to account for more passengers or do they offer other things the smaller don't.

Although the Pearl is a nice ship, after sailing on the Escape, I prefer the larger ship, plus the spa on the Escape is much nicer although the Pearl was nice also. I'm definitely not a pool person, that's why I get the Thermal Spa pass.

Also on the Escape, they have what is called the Waterfront, which wraps around the outer perimeter of Deck 8 (another reason we booked a cabin on Deck 8). It's full of padded chairs and couches and is a very quiet area that you can just sit, read and relax without any noise and just watch the world go by. No noise or loud music or kids running around.