Aurora adults only

simonpjd

Not only have P&O dealt with it badly but they have changed the wrong ship to adult only. They should have changed Ventura or Azura to adult only as far as we are concerned. We have sailed on both and as a family don't like either of them that's why we chose Aurora.

Why should they make one of the large ships that are preferred by many families adult only. I have travelled on all of P&O ships except Arcadia and my experience is that there is a greater percentage of families on the bigger ships. Aurora and Oceana are family ships but even during school holidays there seem to be fewer families. I seriously doubt whether P&O would manage to fill a ship the size of Azura or Ventura if it was adult only.

What annoys me about the smaller ships is I would love to travel on them more but there are very very few cruises of 7 nights on them. There aren't even that many 14 nights. I can't get more than 14 nights off work. We've been on Oceana and Oriana for 4 nights each and really enjoyed them but it is very hard to find a 7 night cruise - I notice there are a lot of, say 17 nights. I know Oceana does 7 nights from Malta but we don't like flying.

What annoys me about the smaller ships is I would love to travel on them more but there are very very few cruises of 7 nights on them. There aren't even that many 14 nights. I can't get more than 14 nights off work. We've been on Oceana and Oriana for 4 nights each and really enjoyed them but it is very hard to find a 7 night cruise - I notice there are a lot of, say 17 nights. I know Oceana does 7 nights from Malta but we don't like flying.

You can't really go very far in 7 nights, but they are there. Both Fjords and Northern Spain. For 14 nights you should be able to find some to the Canaries and the Western Med.

You can't really go very far in 7 nights, but they are there. Both Fjords and Northern Spain. For 14 nights you should be able to find some to the Canaries and the Western Med.

Yes but the smaller ships rarely do 7 nights was my point. Oriana doing an Iberia cruise and an Ireland one, no other 7 nights. Aurora I don’t think it doing any 7 nights next year.

Would have liked to go to Norway on one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they changed Azura or Ventura to adult only, I wouldn't be sailing on them. Hated Azura.

We too disliked Azura and even more so in the case of Ventura. Hence the whole family's desire to continue sailing on Aurora which is/was our favourite.

Oriana was our favourite until P&O changed that to adult only.

We like all the ships. :)

Which is very handy and all are just about child free when we cruise.

And as I have said before we would quite happily cruise with children on board but those cruises tend to be more expensive which is why we avoid them so we can have more cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oriana seems to at the moment be doing the Canaries and Northern Lights. I think Aurora has a these too. I think these are twelve nights generally so under your fourteen nights limit. Of course it depends when you want to go away. Often nothing seems to coincide. We have the same problem. Are you limited to P and O. We have done week cruises from Barcelona and Marseille. Both done by train from the UK. Similar from Genoa or Venice planned for next year. I loved cruising in to Valletta in Malta and would not have wanted to fly.

To save fuel I think cruises perhaps take longer to go to the same places. We did QE2 to the western Mediterranean. Ten night round trip from Southampton. We rattled at about thirty knots in both directions. I would really like to do that cruise again.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Oriana seems to at the moment be doing the Canaries and Northern Lights. I think Aurora has a these too. I think these are twelve nights generally so under your fourteen nights limit. Of course it depends when you want to go away. Often nothing seems to coincide. We have the same problem. Are you limited to P and O. We have done week cruises from Barcelona and Marseille. Both done by train from the UK. Similar from Genoa or Venice planned for next year. I loved cruising in to Valletta in Malta and would not have wanted to fly.

To save fuel I think cruises perhaps take longer to go to the same places. We did QE2 to the western Mediterranean. Ten night round trip from Southampton. We rattled at about thirty knots in both directions. I would really like to do that cruise again.

Best wishes, Stephen.

That’s interesting about Cunard thanks Stephen. I had thought about train to somewhere first but worry a bit about the luggage on a train!

There are itineraries I want to do that the bigger ships do (and I have enjoyed cruises on those) but it would be nice to go on the smaller ships more!

I've noticed that P&O are certainly in no rush to return deposits for cruises that they have cancelled.

Funny how when we paid the deposits the money was taken straight away yet the refunds are still to come.

They issued the cancellation invoices over a week ago but still haven't returned the money to our account.