transfer to TA form?

39august

They made me sign one when we booked on board with next cruise. I had one on hold with them, then called my TA to make sure it was a good buy with all the reduced deposits and OBC, etc. She confirmed it was a good deal and it could be transferred to her. I went the next day to Next Cruise, signed the form, and it was transferred that day. As I recall it has to be done within a certain number of days after booking, but I could be thinking of Club Med I had transferred to my TA.

You have 60 days from booking date to transfer to a TA.

I just transferred my upcoming Allure cruise 2 weeks ago and did not need the form. TA made the call and Royal sent me an email stating to allow 5-7 days for processing. Less then 30 minutes later, Royal sent me a second email saying the transfer had been processed. :)

~ Judy

You have 60 days from booking date to transfer to a TA.

I just transferred my upcoming Allure cruise 2 weeks ago and did not need the form. TA made the call and Royal sent me an email stating to allow 5-7 days for processing. Less then 30 minutes later, Royal sent me a second email saying the transfer had been processed. :)

~ Judy

So Royal did not require you to sign something or agree in some way?

So Royal did not require you to sign something or agree in some way?

Nope. Nothing.

I was very surprised the first email Royal sent me advised they were processing the transfer but didn’t contain any language along the lines of “if you do not approve” or “do not want to proceed with this transfer...”.

Although, even if it had, there wouldn’t have been much time to object as the second email telling me they processed the transfer was sent exactly 23 minutes later.

All the TA had from me was a copy of my booking confirmation but, as I emailed that only 4 minutes before the first email arrived from Royal, I think all the TA needed and used to get the process started was the info I had given TA over the phone (booking #, sail date, my name, etc.). After the transfer was processed, the TA did snail mail me some forms to sign but that was for them not Royal.

This TA is a well known national company with brick and mortar offices throughout the country and their TA part is just one of the many services they provide in addition to their most known service provided to members. So perhaps they are on some sort of “pre-approved” list of TAs that Royal takes at their word when they request a booking be transferred to them?

I can’t imagine that Royal would take the word of just any TA who might have gotten hold of your booking info but who knows. :confused:

~ Judy

Nope. Nothing.

I was very surprised the first email Royal sent me advised they were processing the transfer but didn’t contain any language along the lines of “if you do not approve” or “do not want to proceed with this transfer...”. ...

Seems a bit scary, like any TA with your name and booking number can effect a transfer.