2019/20 cruises

jh1809

The late 2019 ones aren't showing, (well I think Azura is for New Year A932) not sure why they haven't put those on, perhaps they forgot!

Put the code in the search box

This is not fair at all I can see at least 4 cruises I would want to do. Three of them are are at the same time. Think the Panama transit may win out.

:). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The late 2019 ones aren't showing, (well I think Azura is for New Year A932) not sure why they haven't put those on, perhaps they forgot!

Put the code in the search box

It seems ridiculous to open for registearing interest from tomorrow but not give people at least a weekend to look at what is on offer. I have seen the cruises on an agent’s website this morning and there are few surprises. Not many from Southampton partly because there are some of 25+ days and the shorter ones that are there are a mix of Canaries, Spain, Portugal, party cruises and at least 2 Norway including Arcadia at end of Nov.

It seems ridiculous to open for registearing interest from tomorrow but not give people at least a weekend to look at what is on offer. I have seen the cruises on an agent’s website this morning and there are few surprises. Not many from Southampton partly because there are some of 25+ days and the shorter ones that are there are a mix of Canaries, Spain, Portugal, party cruises and at least 2 Norway including Arcadia at end of Nov.

Which agent?

World cruise will have to wait for another year as didn't think much of Arcadias itinerary and it's the only one sailing from the uk in 2020 [emoji20] was hoping for one like the Auroras a few years ago that went up to Japan and down round South Africa...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

World cruise will have to wait for another year as didn't think much of Arcadias itinerary and it's the only one sailing from the uk in 2020 [emoji20] was hoping for one like the Auroras a few years ago that went up to Japan and down round South Africa...

What an unimaginative world cruise, just the same old ports and only 27ports in 99 nights.

What an unimaginative world cruise, just the same old ports and only 27ports in 99 nights.

I can't believe there is only one circumnavigation from any line leaving the uk in 2020 and that's all they have come up with.

Seeing as it's looking likely that she may be going in 2020 I was hoping they would give the Oriana one last spin round the world. Or even Aurora as we really just don't quite like Arcadia she's just on the verge of being a little big for us.

Am I missing something here? All I can see is the Caribbean and Dubai Cruises, a smattering Of other usual itineraries and an unimaginative world cruise. Nothing exciting.

It’s the short winter brochure. What do you expect. The Dubai fly cruises have only been going 2/3 years. They are not going to change them yet. The Ventura 35 night cruises look interesting.

It’s the short winter brochure. What do you expect. The Dubai fly cruises have only been going 2/3 years. They are not going to change them yet. The Ventura 35 night cruises look interesting.

I have to say I'm with PRINCESSTHE BEST on this one the winter cruises always used to be more exciting because they would be longer cruises to further afield...

Now unless you want to do the Caribbean and don't want to fly there is very little and nothing new and exciting.

The Ventura cruises IMHO are no different to what the Oceana used to do every winter for years.

There is an endless list of places they could come up with that would make for a really different and inspiring cruise that a lot of people that like to do a long cruise in the winter would book because of its uniqueness.

How have you got what you wanted they do not go on sale until 19th at the earliest so whoever has told you that your booking is confirmed is telling you porkies.

Deposits are paid so bookings are confirmed but cabins are not allocated until booking opens.

I have to say I'm with PRINCESSTHE BEST on this one the winter cruises always used to be more exciting because they would be longer cruises to further afield...

Now unless you want to do the Caribbean and don't want to fly there is very little and nothing new and exciting.

The Ventura cruises IMHO are no different to what the Oceana used to do every winter for years.

There is an endless list of places they could come up with that would make for a really different and inspiring cruise that a lot of people that like to do a long cruise in the winter would book because of its uniqueness.

Perhaps you should join the said person as Princess do the same cruises over and over again. So much that they have t shirts printed withe the cruise on. I have one.

Sadly, I also feel the selection is very uninspiring. I have been following a blog of someone doing the long South American cruise aboard Aurora recently and was quite taken by it but none of the ships are doing that in 2020. The only choice for longer cruises is the Arcadia World Cruise or the Caribbean round-trip. Nothing to float my boat I am afraid.

Got what I wanted !!!

And me. It seems a little naughty of P&O to describe it as registering one's interest, though. Since one has to pay a deposit, one's pretty much committed to the cruise.

Am I missing something here? All I can see is the Caribbean and Dubai Cruises, a smattering Of other usual itineraries and an unimaginative world cruise. Nothing exciting.

As the new releases are for the period from about October 2019 to March 2020, I think they were always going to be heavily dominated by the Caribbean and Dubai.

I've noticed there seem to be a few 4 night cruises to Amsterdam only - a day and a half in Amsterdam and a sea day .I don't know what they would do if they couldn't get into Amsterdam which happens when it's too windy - I would hope they just don't bob about in the channel for 3 days!!

Perhaps you should join the said person as Princess do the same cruises over and over again. So much that they have t shirts printed withe the cruise on. I have one.

Why should I join them? I was only saying that I agreed with their view of the latest release I'm aware that princess repeat itineraries but that really has nothing to do with this thread

Take a look at Cunard, far more exciting itineraries.

Deposits are paid so bookings are confirmed but cabins are not allocated until booking opens.

I am well aware how it works having pre registered for many cruises in the past. Pre registering with a TA you can do exactly the same but tell them what cabins you want and if they are not available dont book it. By booking direct with P&O you cannot tell them cabin numbers only cabin grade and they can put you in anyone anywhere on the ship as long as in the chosen cabin grade. So what is the point of booking direct with P&O when you cant choose any cabins only grades and you can be put in a cabin that is not suitable and also by booking through TA it is cheaper than booking direct with P&O. But the biggest point of all is no booking is guaranteed especially if you are not Caribbean Tier or above until bookings open 21st March hoping that all decent cabins in the grade chosen have not been taken by higher tiers on 19th March.

I am well aware how it works having pre registered for many cruises in the past. Pre registering with a TA you can do exactly the same but tell them what cabins you want and if they are not available dont book it. By booking direct with P&O you cannot tell them cabin numbers only cabin grade and they can put you in anyone anywhere on the ship as long as in the chosen cabin grade. So what is the point of booking direct with P&O when you cant choose any cabins only grades and you can be put in a cabin that is not suitable and also by booking through TA it is cheaper than booking direct with P&O. But the biggest point of all is no booking is guaranteed especially if you are not Caribbean Tier or above until bookings open 21st March hoping that all decent cabins in the grade chosen have not been taken by higher tiers on 19th March.

That's incorrect. I have pre registered and my booking is 100% guaranteed. What's not guaranteed is my cabin location. I have booked the cheapest grade inside for Xmas/New Year cruise. I can see they have already stopped taking pre registrations on that grade for direct bookings. Last time I did this I was firstly allocated the highest grade inside, before getting a free balcony upgrade 6 months before departure. I have no expectations of a balcony upgrade this time though - just got lucky.

In fact I suspect it's better not be in upper tiers. They get their choice of cabins and first ones to sell are usually least and most expensive, so those of us willing to go pot luck at pre registration probably end up with something higher then we paid for.