Celebrity Suite v. Sky Suite (M-class)

Beachlover1989

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm 5'7" and couldn't get out of the CS tub on M-class without my very-DW's assistance.  If there was a grab bar, it was not useful.  I really hope that the Revolution will replace those very high tubs with low ones.  But our recent cabin crawl on Edge showed tubs in the top suites that are at least as difficult as those old ones.  Apparently the designers are all young and athletic, not old and decrepit like me :classic_wink:

Ugh. I have warned my DH he might have to help me in and out. I better practice with our own jacuzzi bathtub. lol. Our cruise is this spring so likely it will be the same tub. It is a b2b, so I will take a shower that morning in the Sky Suite before switching to the Celebrity Suite to cut out one day in that tub.

I loved the space in the M-class Celebrity Suite (better than the S-class CS) but the bathroom leaves much to be desired.  Getting out of that bathtub is an accident waiting to happen in my opinion.  It's been a couple of years but I don't remember a grab bar, maybe a towel rod, but it was to far away to be of much use.    The suite is great though, especially when refurbished.  

On 1/24/2019 at 1:22 PM, TourDeCruise said:

I am only very slightly taller than you are at 5'1". I have seen youtube videos showing the CS tubs. Did you get out the same way you got in by sitting on the edge? In addition to sitting on the edge and swinging legs over, could the vanity sink be used to steady oneself getting over the edge when entering and exiting the tub? The youtube videos show a grab bar although it seems out of reach when getting in. We have a jacuzzi bathtub at home and ours seems taller than what I am seeing in the youtube videos. Maybe I better practice on our jacuzzi bathtub as I use the separate shower which I much prefer.

I may be short and in my mid-60s age wise, but I very flexible and have no joint issues.  I am also very nearsighted so wear either contact lenses or glasses.  I generally insert my contacts after showering so am somewhat "blind" getting in and out of the CS tubs.  I don't remember the grab bar being any help at all, so found it much helpful just to sit on the edge and swing my legs over.  

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Hopefully the tub issue will be addressed in the CS when M-class undergoes refurbishment.  We will know soon with Millennium.  If they fix the tub then I would sail a CS on M-class any day!

Doubt it grand suites on rccl similar size suite has not changed there tub, which is only negative about room,  we have back to back on infinity in March first celebrity suite then sky suite. 

Grand suites do not compare with CS.  Having had both multiple times on Royal and M class ships, the CS is so much nicer.  While I agree tub not easy to enter and exit in a CS.  It is doable just be cautious.  The suite, its closet and dressing area and huge dining/living room combo are wonderful.   The M class sky suite is small in comparison and only about 254 square feet

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Grand suites do not compare with CS.  Having had both multiple times on Royal and M class ships, the CS is so much nicer.  While I agree tub not easy to enter and exit in a CS.  It is doable just be cautious.  The suite, its closet and dressing area and huge dining/living room combo are wonderful.   The M class sky suite is small in comparison and only about 254 square feet

Looking forward to our CS , was not impressed by sky suite but loved the perks Our cruise was a charter and CS was sold out last and this year for the charter. 

16 hours ago, George C said:

Looking forward to our CS , was not impressed by sky suite but loved the perks Our cruise was a charter and CS was sold out last and this year for the charter. 

Celebrity seems to charter after people book.  We got bumped off the Summit and the Edge a few months before our scheduled sailings.  Not a great policy.  Celebrity should black out a couple of weeks per year for charters and not book regular passengers until they are sure they will not book a charter.