Voom internet package

Rayneman5

We just booked a trip for new years on Adventure of the Seas. When we log onto the site we see $25.59 Canadian per day per adult for Voom Surf + Stream.. Thought I had previously seen that there was a VOOM SURF package that was cheaper????

Its just weird that I dont even see the Voom Surf at all.

Do the prices change for the shore excursions that I see or are those typically a set price that dont change?

VOOM surf is not usually available pre-cruise. Excursions sometimes go on sale too.

Ah so they try to get you to buy a more expensive internet package beforehand. Then you get on the cruise and see there was a cheaper option but it’s too late. Interesting.

Well, in their defense (and I don't defend them often), they usually offer the Surf & Stream pre-cruise for about the same price as Surf onboard.

We just booked a trip for new years on Adventure of the Seas. When we log onto the site we see $25.59 Canadian per day per adult for Voom Surf + Stream.. Thought I had previously seen that there was a VOOM SURF package that was cheaper????

That seems like a lot. We booked the Soda Package WITH the Voom and it was only $23.94 Canadian when we bought. Looking right now, it is $26.88 Canadian, so $25.59 just for the Voom sounds like a lot. If anyone in your cabin needs a soda package look and see if it is offered with the Voom. Might save some money there.

ETA-Looks like the Voom is $20.47 Canadian if purchased alone.

Could the price be higher because we have a lower class cabin? Or maybe because we are going over the Christmas break? Voom surf and stream is $25.59 for one device. I don’t see it packaged with a sofa package. Did you buy on the boat or ahead of time?

Could the price be higher because we have a lower class cabin? Or maybe because we are going over the Christmas break? Voom surf and stream is $25.59 for one device. I don’t see it packaged with a sofa package. Did you buy on the boat or ahead of time?

Other than the free VOOM for Sky and Star class suites, the prices have never been based on stateroom category. However, they can and do vary by sailing.

Voom surf and stream is $25.59 for one device.

That sounds like the same as the on board price of $20US. Normally, there's a 20-30% (sometimes even more) discount for buying pre-cruise but it seems you are not getting that and it could be due to the date of the sailing. If it never drops, wait till you get on board and look for discounts then. On board you'll have the Surf only option - Adventure does not yet have O3B and the internet is not worth the full list price (some would say not even the discounted price).