Alaska Glass Domed Train

Worldtraveler 4727

I was advised from the Alaska pages to post here~

We are on a Connoisseur Land/Sea trip with Princess in June and as part of the tour are scheduled to take the train from Fairbanks to Denali (4 hour train ride).

Are seats assigned? But more importantly, are the seats at tables of 4 with two people facing forward and two people facing backwards, or have the seats been changed to all face forward?

Anyone from 2017 land/sea trips with Princess able to tell me?

TIA!

Our's last May were assigned and faced forward. We were in one of the new cars with the two seat arrangement instead of the tables. I think there was still one car with the tables but I'm fairly certain that those will be removed this coming season.

Our's last May were assigned and faced forward. We were in one of the new cars with the two seat arrangement instead of the tables. I think there was still one car with the tables but I'm fairly certain that those will be removed this coming season.

I took a cruise tour last May also. The train portion was from Denali to Talkeetna. I, also, was in one of the cars where all the seats were facing forward and the seats were assigned. It was a comfortable and lovely trip.

When we were on the Connoisseur tour several years ago, we had the tables with two people facing each way. That may not be the same today.

When we did it, the table was assigned, but not the individual seats. Knowing this, we boarded the train as quickly as we could so we could pick the side of the table we wanted.

I was advised from the Alaska pages to post here~

We are on a Connoisseur Land/Sea trip with Princess in June and as part of the tour are scheduled to take the train from Fairbanks to Denali (4 hour train ride).

Are seats assigned? But more importantly, are the seats at tables of 4 with two people facing forward and two people facing backwards, or have the seats been changed to all face forward?

Anyone from 2017 land/sea trips with Princess able to tell me?

TIA!

On our Connoisseur tour this past August the seats were assigned and all faced forward with airline type drop down trays. It was very comfortable.

Agreed. I just don’t want anyone to have to “sit backwards” and feel like they had to take less desirable seats.

Plus if you have a narrator in your car for the trip, it's easier for everyone to be facing the same way.

My last experience with the train and Princess was horrible. I was assigned to a very old jam packed with people Alaska Railroad dining car with slippery red naugahyde bench seats and I was seated backwards (which I hate) It was a 9 hour train ride from hell for me. I won't do it ever again unless I can be assured a Princess glass domed car.

I advise very close interaction with Princess regarding your train assignment. It was my error for not checking before the trip.