how long before you heard from ncl about your upgrade?

grest

How long before sailing do they usually start offering the upgrades to be bid on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

80 days...my sister and husband are on the same cruise as my husband and I. We have an OV and got an invitation to bid. They have a balcony and did not get an offer to bid.

Other matrix of variables aside (# of unsold staterooms/suites, # of offers submitted/pending) - the higher amount you are offering NCL via the credit card submission, the sooner you would likely get a GTY upgrade for you. Patience is part of the strategy, 5 out of our 6 successful bids were in the "poor" range - look at the price difference between your "original" and "upgrade" categories & factor in the values of not getting the extra perks, etc.

If it is still worth to pay more than X over Y, then feel free to spend away, it's your money. Rejection aren't processed until 48 hours, that's fairly definitive.

On our previous sailing, there're quite a few on the Roll Call that only paid the minimum bid & scored an upgrade that they're happy with.

the higher amount you are offering NCL via the credit card submission, the sooner you would likely get a GTY upgrade for you. .

I'm not sure the amount matters. I offered the lowest amount ($65 Cdn) 6 weeks before cruise and found out within 5 days that I was successful - inside gty to a spa balcony. This is on a sold out cruise.

I know this varies greatly, but just trying to get a feel. Have had my bid in only 6 days, but am enjoying checking regularly...I would enjoy even more just knowing! Thanks

If you at bidding on a suite or Haven room, closer to 48 hours before sailing. If you are upgrading to a Balcony, depends on inventory. May be really quick if there is a lot of inventory (to open up some inside and OV rooms), or just as slow as a suite.

• Like 1

On my last NCL sailing, I was upgraded 2 weeks in advance to a balcony. This time I am sailing in about a week and still haven't heard anything yet so I am getting worried my bid was inadequate.

good luck!

Last time we upgraded from an ov to a mini suite and found out 9 days before we sailed. We also upbid from an ov to a ph suite and found out 72 hours before sailing. Still waiting to hear on the next one, we are 15 days out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums