Edge Live & Restaurants!

Lastdance

This was from the Live Reveal on FB...

Four main dining venues...Cosmopolitan, Normandy, Cypress & Tuscan. You can choose any of these. 75% will be the same menu in all four restaurants and will change daily, but 25% will feature specialties of each, like Cyprees and a Mediterranean flair. All of these are complimentary. Blu and Luminae will have their own separate restaurants, but much improved...

Extra Cost:

Fine Cut Steakhouse

Le Grand Bistro

Raw on Five - glass dome and seafood(extension of Raw on Five)

Eden Restaurant...discussed in June!

Rooftop Garden Grill

Eleven Bars: Just a few...

Martini Bar

Sunset Bar

Eden Bar

Edited by Lastdance

So did anyone gather from the reveal how it works if you select traditional assigned dining, say late seating. Of course you will be assigned the same table and waiter, but will it be in just one of those four MDR's the entire 7 nights or will you rotate between them, taking your waiter with you (Disney style)?

I currently have traditional late seating selected, but I don't want to be assigned to just one of those dining rooms the entire cruise. If that is the case, maybe I better switch to Select Plus?

So did anyone gather from the reveal how it works if you select traditional assigned dining, say late seating. Of course you will be assigned the same table and waiter, but will it be in just one of those four MDR's the entire 7 nights or will you rotate between them, taking your waiter with you (Disney style)?

I currently have traditional late seating selected, but I don't want to be assigned to just one of those dining rooms the entire cruise. If that is the case, maybe I better switch to Select Plus?

Good question. We also have traditional late seating and curious how the new dinning setup will work.

By the way, didn't the same VP or SVP that was responsible for Dynamic Dinning with RCI also move over to Celebrity?

By the way, didn't the same VP or SVP that was responsible for Dynamic Dinning with RCI also move over to Celebrity?

That I'm not sure of, but it's certainly a tweaked version of Dynamic Dining on Quantum. I actually enjoyed the concept, but apparently I was in the minority. Of course with Dynamic Dining each venue had a set menu that didn't change, and I think that is the biggest difference with what Celebrity is doing with Edge. Also as I recall, there was no traditional early and late seating option. The key to success here is not to make any one venue significantly more popular than the others. Having 75% of the menu the same in each venue should hopefully curtail that from happening. So I guess that each of the 4 venues will have a percentage dedicated to those with traditional dining, and a percentage for open seating. I wonder if we will be able to select which of the 4 venues we would like to be assigned, and if not, how will Celebrity decide?

That I'm not sure of, but it's certainly a tweaked version of Dynamic Dining on Quantum. I actually enjoyed the concept, but apparently I was in the minority. Of course with Dynamic Dining each venue had a set menu that didn't change, and I think that is the biggest difference with what Celebrity is doing with Edge. Also as I recall, there was no traditional early and late seating option. The key to success here is not to make any one venue significantly more popular than the others. Having 75% of the menu the same in each venue should hopefully curtail that from happening. So I guess that each of the 4 venues will have a percentage dedicated to those with traditional dining, and a percentage for open seating. I wonder if we will be able to select which of the 4 venues we would like to be assigned, and if not, how will Celebrity decide?[/quote]

That is the question. I do like the idea of rotating with the same wait staff as that will give one the opportunity to experience a different ambiance and possible variety.

I believe Brian was the gentleman that was one of the major players with DD at RCI.

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/executive-bio/5/vice-president-of-hotel-operations/

After watching this I see nothing but chaos trying to figure it out! They say you have to make reservations when you call Celebrity. You are most likely not going to get "fixed" dining. I'm guessing you have to reserve your time for every night in the same location. It's very unclear if you choose to try each one you have to make reservations for them. This is going to confuse a lot of folks. And, how will this work? You may have too many for 1 dining room and you will, yet again, be put on a waiting list? More information needs to come about how this is going to work.

As far as the specialty restaurants, not my cup of tea and the prices are going to push a lot of folks to regular dining. For a special occasion it will work but wonder how others feel about it?

They yet again held back on Mast Grill, Ocean View Cafe and a few other dining venues that they aren't "revealing" now. Waste of time as far as I can see. But we are booked in January, 2019 and now have to figure out what the heck we are going to do. They are pushing things a bit too far, but that is my opinion. This idea failed on Royal and now we try it on Celebrity?

I do not and never have liked LLP. She is ditsy. Loves herself. They spoke so quickly you didn't get all of the information. It was like they were rushing to get it over with. Then we don't get invited to things like in the past.

I remember when Celebrity invited they Captain's Club members (of course we were a smaller group and paid for it) to a viewing and luncheon when ships arrived in ports for the first time. No more.

As I say, it is my take-away from watching the entire presentation and it left me just as confused as I was when I was reading about the "reveal".

Thank goodness we have 9 months to get it figured out. And, by the way, friends of ours are on the same cruise in the Royal Suite. He called about booking all specialty restaurants and asked about main dining. The rep. was also confused and told him they were just figuring it out!!!! Not good.

Pat C

That I'm not sure of, but it's certainly a tweaked version of Dynamic Dining on Quantum. I actually enjoyed the concept, but apparently I was in the minority. Of course with Dynamic Dining each venue had a set menu that didn't change, and I think that is the biggest difference with what Celebrity is doing with Edge. Also as I recall, there was no traditional early and late seating option. The key to success here is not to make any one venue significantly more popular than the others. Having 75% of the menu the same in each venue should hopefully curtail that from happening. So I guess that each of the 4 venues will have a percentage dedicated to those with traditional dining, and a percentage for open seating. I wonder if we will be able to select which of the 4 venues we would like to be assigned, and if not, how will Celebrity decide?[/quote]

That is the question. I do like the idea of rotating with the same wait staff as that will give one the opportunity to experience a different ambiance and possible variety.

I believe Brian was the gentleman that was one of the major players with DD at RCI.

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/executive-bio/5/vice-president-of-hotel-operations/

My husband also thought he heard the staff would follow you. How? It's really not very clear in the presentation. So if you go to Cosmopolitan one night and Tuscan the next you will have the same staff? Then you change, yet again, maybe your time? I an see if you are at set time and station but that can't work with "Select Plus". Am I just confused? I truly need to have more info since they spoke so fast and glazed over everything way to quickly.

My husband also thought he heard the staff would follow you. How? It's really not very clear in the presentation. So if you go to Cosmopolitan one night and Tuscan the next you will have the same staff? Then you change, yet again, maybe your time? I an see if you are at set time and station but that can't work with "Select Plus". Am I just confused? I truly need to have more info since they spoke so fast and glazed over everything way to quickly.

There was no mention of rotation. They said when you pick early or late seating (traditional dining) there will then be an option to pick a specific dining venue. Your wait staff will only be consistent in that venue, if you choose to eat in one of the other main dining rooms you will have different servers.

There was no mention of rotation. They said when you pick early or late seating (traditional dining) there will then be an option to pick a specific dining venue. Your wait staff will only be consistent in that venue, if you choose to eat in one of the other main dining rooms you will have different servers.

I never saw the video/reveal, so thanks for clarifying some things. Hopefully they will publish some sort of Q&A to make it more clear.

The other tricky thing is if you are part of a small group with linked reservations and now some within the group want a specific restaurant while others prefer another, you obviously will not be dining together.

I never saw the video/reveal, so thanks for clarifying some things. Hopefully they will publish some sort of Q&A to make it more clear.

The other tricky thing is if you are part of a small group with linked reservations and now some within the group want a specific restaurant while others prefer another, you obviously will not be dining together.

I Am sure, just as it is now, give the maitre d' a heads-up in advance so the dining venues can plan accordingly.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

We have a similar issue, but our reservations aren’t linked. Two couples want to dine together most nights in the MDRs (Select Dining) and must now try to figure out logistics for multiple venues. The third couple will dine in Luminae, but we’ll dine as a group of six in the specialty restaurants on occasion. It’s definitely exciting to have more choices, but dining with a group has certainly become more complicated.

Sorry, it was my mistake. It was actually Celebrity’s entertainment page for the fleet. I got too excited when I saw it. I thought it was specifically for the Edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No worries. I’ll be on the lookout for information, and will post it here if I see anything:).

S - would not showing up together and letting the maitre d' know that you want to dine together work?

After night two

We have a similar issue, but our reservations aren’t linked. Two couples want to dine together most nights in the MDRs (Select Dining) and must now try to figure out logistics for multiple venues. The third couple will dine in Luminae, but we’ll dine as a group of six in the specialty restaurants on occasion. It’s definitely exciting to have more choices, but dining with a group has certainly become more complicated.

S - would not showing up together and letting the maitre d' know that you want to dine together work?

After night two (2) it would be easy for them to remember.

Bon voyage

Thanks for the suggestion Bo. That was our plan. The friend who is in a suite will sort our specialty dining package reservations. I will try to sort the MDR reservations. My point was that for some people, making dining reservations will be more complicated on Edge. Mind you, this is not an issue specific to Edge. We had the same issue on Reflection last year, but the lovely MDR hostess did indeed know our preferences by the third night. However, on Edge we will presumably have four hosts instead of one.

When I tried to make reservations in the MDRs (no particular requirements other than to try them all, and dine by 7pm so our friends can make the late show) I could not link their reservation to ours. The problem, confirmed by Captain’s Club, is that I cannot link my friends’ group reservation to my non-group reservation. Therefore, I had to book each MDR night for two, and email a list of dates, MDRs and times to our friends. When they tried to make the same bookings, they were able to get the same venue, date and time on one night, the same venue half an hour earlier on four nights, and unable to match anything for the remaining three nights. So, yes I will try to get this sorted once I board the ship, but this entire process would have been much easier if X had fixed the archaic dining booking engine to allow us to link reservations of any type.

I must say that the online booking system worked quite well for booking the remaining nights for only DH and myself. We don’t care about attending the shows more than a couple times per cruise, so I had no trouble booking later times in various MDRs.

Edited by Silkroad

Celebrity is saying that there will be no rotation. If you are put to One Dining room you will miss out on 25% of the Menu items in the other Rooms that night.

Celebrity is saying that there will be no rotation. If you are put to One Dining room you will miss out on 25% of the Menu items in the other Rooms that night.

How many times, and on how many threads, must you be told this isn’t true! People with set dining times may try the other three as well!

How many times, and on how many threads, must you be told this isn’t true! People with set dining times may try the other three as well!

Not according to Celebrity. If you are given Early or Late in one Dining room one table for 8 or 10 same Waiter & Busboy you can't change to the other Dining room other nights.

I Am sure, just as it is now, give the maitre d' a heads-up in advance so the dining venues can plan accordingly.

Bon voyage

Thanks Bo. I am sure there will be days were some will go on there own and probably try one of the specialty restaurants.

I guess if you booked through a TA you cannot select dining options or specialty restaurants. I have late seating. When I login I don't see an option to add or change anything. Am I missing anything? Thanks

Not according to Celebrity. If you are given Early or Late in one Dining room one table for 8 or 10 same Waiter & Busboy you can't change to the other Dining room other nights.

I hope that is really not the case a that would be disappointing.

Why would celebrity do that? What's the point then of having different dinning rooms and themes if you cannot go there to try them. I thought that was the whole point of doing it.

I hope that is really not the case a that would be disappointing.

Why would celebrity do that? What's the point then of having different dinning rooms and themes if you cannot go there to try them. I thought that was the whole point of doing it.

I would imagine if you want to move around and try different venues you would choose the “select” dining option. If you want a set dining time at the same table with the same wait staff each night, then choose traditional.

To me it sounds like they are trying to offer something to please everyone which is good.

I guess if you booked through a TA you cannot select dining options or specialty restaurants. I have late seating. When I login I don't see an option to add or change anything. Am I missing anything? Thanks

I booked through a travel agent and also have traditional set dining. All the specialty restaurant options show available for me to reserve and book. I can even use my OBC to pay if I choose to. Of course the 4 included MDR’s don’t show because I already have a reserved table in one each evening. At this point I don’t know which one or how it’s determined which one Celebrity will assign.