Church on Sunday

drcb2

Hey everyone, I have a question,

We are going on the Sunshine on the 3rd. Can anyone tell me if there is any kind of church service on Sunday? I would love to attend if there is one.

Please let me know

Thank you

Charles

On Religious Holidays...if there is a clergymember on board, they have been known to list a non denomination service in the fun times. But it varies by ship and availability of a person of faith.

Generally speaking, no.

They typically have a service on board for major holidays of major religions.

Beyond that, if there happens to be a clergy person onboard who wishes to offer a public service, they MAY accommodate that and open it to whoever wants to attend.

I’ll give an anecdote from personal experience. We did cruise on the Sunshine in 2016 with about 20 people from our Catholic Church, including our Pastor. We contacted Carnival in advance through our travel agent. We were advised that for a group of our size, we should just wait until we were on board, and check in with guest services. When we did that, they were very helpful. They offered to let us use the piano bar to celebrate mass on Sunday mornings. For the record, if they had not been able to accommodate us, we would have been happy to have just assembled in someone’s cabin. One couple had a suite. We could have all crammed in there if we needed to. In any event, they let us reserve the piano bar for several different dates, for our services. Although it was not publicized in the ship’s bulletin, word got out on the ship pretty quickly among fellow Catholics. In addition to our own church group, we ended up having a lot of other passengers join us, as well as quite a few crewmembers.

I would not expect anything. But, you could always check in with guest services. Ask if there is any religious group of your affiliation that will be celebrating ceremonies on board. If so, I am sure you would be welcome to join them. If not, just enjoy your cruise.

If you really felt compelled, you could spend some time by yourself on a Sunday morning observing your faith as you see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have 21 cruises notched on my belt and only one time was their a priest on board who could conduct a mass. Same situation with other denominations. I think it would be safe to say, it is unlikely you will have the opportunity to attend any religious service unless your cruise is during Christmas or Easter.

I'd not expect a ship to have religious services on every voyage. It is your hotel and most hotels do not provide that for their guests.

IF you have a port visit that day you may well be able to find a church to visit on land.

My husband and I was asking the same question. We are booked for the Carnival give back with the church and it will be on Saturday but it will be before 4:00 so it will be too early for Saturday Vigil. So since this answers our question i guess we plan on just having bible time.

Do you guys think "Good Friday" will be considered a religious holiday? My sister has been asking me, I initially told here there is unlikely to be a service but I wasn't totally sure??????

Thanks in advanve...

Do you guys think "Good Friday" will be considered a religious holiday? My sister has been asking me, I initially told here there is unlikely to be a service but I wasn't totally sure??????

Thanks in advanve...

Unlikely that "Carnival" will provide a service

Thanks in advanve...

Your sister could ask her church for a way of the cross book and she could have her own service.

Thanks in advanve...

:confused: Good Friday service on a Carnival Cruise ship. Interesting juxtaposition.

Actually "carnival" and lent do have a connection. Carnival was the traditional period before ash weds. We know it as mardi gras and fat tuesday. As for services on the cruise it might be best to check the ports. Most ports have churches or other houses of worship.

Several yeas ago, we had a group of 20 from our church going on the Fascination. We just asked for a conference room to meet in for Wednesday service and we quickly were granted. It was not in the Fun Times, but we just communicated with others. Carnival cannot schedule any religious services on their own.