Booking engine - changing deck

jtdlmc

Is there a way to switch from deck to deck when choosing cabin? I choose a cabin category that is offered on deck 9 and deck 10. When it goes to the next screen to choose my cabin it only shows deck 10 but I want deck 9. I can't find anywhere to switch the deck and only deck 10 cabins are available to choose - anyone know if it is possible to switch to deck 9 without calling to book it through NCL?

It doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Usually it is pretty easy to switch decks but I tried several even on far out cruises and it wasn't letting me switch decks . I guess if you want to book a specific room/deck you'll need to try calling instead.

Is there a way to switch from deck to deck when choosing cabin? I choose a cabin category that is offered on deck 9 and deck 10. When it goes to the next screen to choose my cabin it only shows deck 10 but I want deck 9. I can't find anywhere to switch the deck and only deck 10 cabins are available to choose - anyone know if it is possible to switch to deck 9 without calling to book it through NCL?

If I'm interpreting your post correctly...no... because while cabins of the 'type' you desire are present on both decks, the fact that when offered specific staterooms they are all on deck 10, indicates that those cabins on deck 9 are already sold.

That said, recently NCL website has been sulking... it offers cabin 'types' as available but then tells you they are all sold out when you try to select.

It's worth 5 minutes of your time to call them I'd say.

Cabins are released for booking availability in stages. So either the cabins you want haven't been released yet or they were released previously and sold.

If you are booking a newer itinerary/cruise, just book the cabin category that you want then keep watching the website for availability by doing mock bookings. When you see cabins released on the deck that you want, you can call and switch.

you have to call to have this done. Norwegian is one of the worse booking engines i have ever used, other cruise lines let you select a deck

when i booked my escape cruise last year, it was only showing cabins on deck 13 instead of deck 5 and other decks

Seriously people, I do mock bookings all the time and usually am able to switch decks easily. IT IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW. Maybe it is a permanent change in the booking engine or a temporary glitch. But the OP isn't losing his mind. It usually is easy to change decks, right now it does not work.

Seriously people, I do mock bookings all the time and usually am able to switch decks easily. IT IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW. Maybe it is a permanent change in the booking engine or a temporary glitch. But the OP isn't losing his mind. It usually is easy to change decks, right now it does not work.

Caveat: it works IF both decks are actually available.

If I'm interpreting your post correctly...no... because while cabins of the 'type' you desire are present on both decks, the fact that when offered specific staterooms they are all on deck 10, indicates that those cabins on deck 9 are already sold.

That said, recently NCL website has been sulking... it offers cabin 'types' as available but then tells you they are all sold out when you try to select.

It's worth 5 minutes of your time to call them I'd say.

Since this cruise is for 2020 I don't think any deck is sold out :)

Thanks, I will try again tomorrow :)

I am new to this but for the last month or so, I hadn't been able to change decks via NCL, even though places like Costco would show them available. I didn't know if I should've been able to. The one bonus of NCL booking though, is it will actually let you book a room for more than 4 online! That's the only cruiseline I've seen that allows that (no, I haven't checked them all LOL, but RCI and Carnival don't let you).

I recently booked on the Gem. I wanted an IA inside on deck 10, the category said it's available on deck 10 & 11. Only deck 11 showed on the booking engine, so I called NCL and gave the agent the cabin number I wanted on 10. A bit of a pain, but I don't want deck 11, so that was my option.

I had the same issue booking on the Bliss the beginning of January....I had to call to get the cabins I wanted, because I could change decks online. Contrary to other posters claiming the other cabins were sold out and that is why I couldn't change decks - the cabins I wanted, on the deck I wanted, I GOT - I just had to call.

It is worth it I think to call sometimes, more time consuming yes, but, the woman that I spoke to (I think her name is Sue) and booked with, automatically offered the eggshell for both cabins, asked about allergies, and all the other little things, that we don't always think of.

The system will display a few of what it evaluates to be the "best" cabins in the booking class you have selected. It never displays all of the cabins available. If you have a specific question, you can call reservation. It is usually a mix of decks.

Ended up calling to book. Would prefer just to do it myself as it takes about a quarter of the time as it does calling but got it done with the cabins I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When this feature was working, can someone tell me how you got it to change decks? (Just in case they get it working again;))

All you have to do is click on one of the cabins showing on the deck you want. Then the deckplan changes to that deck so you can see where it actually is on the deck plan. It is working for me now. I just tried it on a May 13th cruise to Alaska on the Pearl and changed the BA balconies on Deck 10 to Deck 9 without a problem.

All you have to do is click on one of the cabins showing on the deck you want. Then the deckplan changes to that deck so you can see where it actually is on the deck plan. It is working for me now. I just tried it on a May 13th cruise to Alaska on the Pearl and changed the BA balconies on Deck 10 to Deck 9 without a problem.

Are you able to use it to search for same category cabins but on another deck? For instance, if it is showing you only cabins on Deck 10, but that category should exist on Deck 9, can you get it to show you available cabins on the other deck?

Are you able to use it to search for same category cabins but on another deck? For instance, if it is showing you only cabins on Deck 10, but that category should exist on Deck 9, can you get it to show you available cabins on the other deck?

I have never had it not show at least one cabin on each deck that has available cabins if any are available. If none are showing, you could call but it probably means none are available.

I just tried it again out of curiosity on my computer and iPad and there is no way I can switch decks, not by clicking on the room you want because that deck is not visible unless you "view deck plans" and nothing happens when I click on a cabin, it isn't an option. Not sure why some people can do it and others can't? I even tried going on online travel agent booking sites and couldn't do it either. When I called NCL to book the cabins I wanted on the deck that wasn't showing were available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This works *if* they are showing cabins from multiple decks, which doesn't always happen. And even when it does show multiple decks like this it is not showing all the cabins available on that particular deck. Glad OP was able to call to get the cabin he wanted.