How close to your cruise were you able to snag FTTF?

smileycin

This is my first time travelling with Carnival and I didn't know too much about FTTF when I booked it. I am seeing now that it was a mistake in not purchasing it as it seems to be well worth the money. It is showing Sold Out now but just curious as to how many people were able to purchase it close to their sale date after it showed Sold Out.

Edited by smileycin

This is my first time travelling with Carnival and I didn't know too much about FTTF when I booked it. I am seeing now that it was a mistake in not purchasing it as it seems to be well worth the money. It is showing Sold Out now but just curious as to how many people were able to purchase it close to their close date after it showed Sold Out.

My sail date is 4/7/18. My profile on Carnival says I bought it 4/12/17. I didn't realize it was sold so early, but I was on top of it bc I wanted it so that might be correct.

We are now in the limbo of trying to snag another one for a friend that just recently booked. From what I know, they DO open up as the cruise gets closer, due to people canceling their trips, upgrading to suites where it's included, etc. But there isn't a set time they go on sale. So it's a constant checking. I usually look about 3 times a day randomly to see if it's back again.

Good luck to you!

Keep checking for FTTF to become available for your sailing and check as often as you can many times of day. I was on the lookout for one for my brother-in-law for a cruise this past December. One Sunday morning I just happened to check and it was available. I was fortunate to get it. This was about 40 days from cruise date. They can always become available if someone cancels or for other reasons. They sell out VERY quickly though so if you want it, I recommend purchasing it right then and there if one becomes available. Keep checking! In case you are not aware, FTTF is sold per cabin (not per person in the cabin) so only one person in the cabin needs to purchase it and everyone in the cabin benefits. Good luck getting the FTTF but most of all enjoy your cruise with or without FTTF.

Why are they not charging more for this? So many people willing to spend hours a day in hopes of getting it. I bet they could sell just as many for $200.

I bet they would. I did it mainly for tendering at Grand Cayman

What is FTTF

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Faster to the Fun... a package you can buy to provide you with benefits normally given to loyalty cruisers like early checkin, early boarding, preferred line at Guest Services...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why are they not charging more for this? So many people willing to spend hours a day in hopes of getting it. I bet they could sell just as many for $200.

.... make that $200 per person and you’d still have people desperate to get it.

It would be fairer per oerson rarther than per cabin so that the couple who wants it isn’t paying the same price as the family of 5. Maybe then they’d sell even more!

We were able to get ours 45 days out from our April 7 sailing. Keep checking and you’ll get it. Hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan to keep,checking every day as often as I can. Fingers crossed!!

This is my first time travelling with Carnival and I didn't know too much about FTTF when I booked it. I am seeing now that it was a mistake in not purchasing it as it seems to be well worth the money. It is showing Sold Out now but just curious as to how many people were able to purchase it close to their sale date after it showed Sold Out.

Sorry! Newbie here and I've tried finding it but can't! What is FTTF?

We booked a cruise last August on the Glory and sailed two weeks ago. FTTF showed as sold out every day since we booked, and I checked multiple times a day up until a week before the cruise left to see if it became available. Never did. We went without it and wondered if we'd feel like we needed it since most people on here seem to recommend it. In the end, we didn't feel like we needed it and probably wouldn't purchase it even if it were available. But there was only one port on our cruise that was a tender port (HMC), our luggage arrived fairly timely, and we very rarely take trips to Guest Services while on a cruise. So in the end, it all worked out okay for us to not have it.

I hope you get it, but if you don't, you'll still have a great cruise!

4 days

The cruise was 5/8/17. I got it on 5/4/17 at 12:27am CDT. My mom refuses to fly, so we took Amtrak to Seattle. We left my apartment at 4:00am on 5/4/17 to take a taxi(didn't arrive until 5:00am) to Greyhound to New Orleans to then get on the first train.