Compare Carnival Conquest and Carnival Dream

stacied68

My husband and I have been on the Dream twice. We are looking at a cruise next year on the Conquest. Can someone give me an overview of the differences and similarities?

TIA

We have been on the Dream. We will be on the Conquest at the end of this month.

Been on both. Conquest is better IMHO. Ship layout and decor superior on Conquest. Elevators on Dream are a nightmare. 10 forward. 4 midship. During busy times, dinner etc, to go up, you have to go down first or vise versa, depending on the time and where everyone is trying go. Elevators always full. Main show room design is a joke. Traffic flow in the buffet is horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like the Conquest Class better than the Dream Class. Conquest Class Lido Deck is tiered and seems more open. The Dream Class Lido is all one level and seems like there isn't enough room for everyone on the ship on sea days. Just way too congested.

Conquest Class ships are our favorite. We sailed the Dream in 2010, but for no specific reason, we didn't particularly care for her. Our group of 6 just thought the whole experience was blah. We are booked on the Magic in 2019, so perhaps our tastes have matured...we shall see.

Have been on both.

Two different classes of ships. Dream is bigger and therefore more crowded is seemed like to me. Dream had kind of gaudy decor and didn't have as many options for food as the Breeze, her sister ship. Have really liked the Breeze, much more than the Dream.

Conquest, have been on several times, along with the ships of that same class. I have always likes the Conquest class ships. Just the right size, and as they have been updated, they have a lot of the options for food and Serenity Area as they newer ships do.

I would take Conquest over Dream anyday, but if it were the Breeze, I would choose the Breeze. Breeze is my favorite so far, but Dream just didn't compare to her.

I sailed on both ships and definitely liked Conquest more. My biggest complaint is that Dream is so big and you have to do a lot of walking to get anywhere on the ship. The Dream is a beautiful ship and the Conquest decor is a little gaudy but I’d still choose Conquest, as I prefer that class of ship.