So sad to recieve a fantastic cabin upgrade

Just a warning when making a booking especially online. Having booked a 7 night Alaska cruise in a forward inside cabin, we decided to book for the 1 night repo cruise to make 8 lovely nights aboard in the same cabin.

Today I have noticed my cabin number has changed to a Caribe balcony for the 1 night cruise.

Apparently when booking I didn't mark the box to say I didn't want an upgrade so now have one I don't want and Princess due to data protection cant contact who now has my cabin to offer them the balcony upgrade :(

So now we will have to move cabins, unpack, pack and unpack again, as well as impacting on our day in Seattle. Gutted.

So please take care booking online

Just a warning when making a booking especially online. Having booked a 7 night Alaska cruise in a forward inside cabin, we decided to book for the 1 night repo cruise to make 8 lovely nights aboard in the same cabin.

Today I have noticed my cabin number has changed to a Caribe balcony for the 1 night cruise.

Apparently when booking I didn't mark the box to say I didn't want an upgrade so now have one I don't want and Princess due to data protection cant contact who now has my cabin to offer them the balcony upgrade :(

So now we will have to move cabins, unpack, pack and unpack again, as well as impacting on our day in Seattle. Gutted.

Wise thinking, one time long ago we had an HC balcony cabin and were "upgraded" to a mini suite. DW can't use a bath tub type shower so our steward managed to get her some steps so as to get in the tub. Not an upgrade for us. Mind you I do believe that doesn't happen any more with HC cabins.

I had the same problem with the "no upgrade" box : was totally unable to find it on the european website. As I was lucky enough to pick the exact cabin I wanted, I'm fearing an unwanted upgrade! Every passenger should be able to check the "no upgrade" on the cruise personalizer. For your cruise, it's really a problem : just hope the new passengers only make the "one day cruise" and will be happy with the upgrade? More difficult if they're doing two cruises.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

Wise thinking, one time long ago we had an HC balcony cabin and were "upgraded" to a mini suite. DW can't use a bath tub type shower so our steward managed to get her some steps so as to get in the tub. Not an upgrade for us. Mind you I do believe that doesn't happen any more with HC cabins.

My understanding is that you can only be upgraded from one HA cabin to another. We assumed that we'd never see a move down or move over offer due to the need for an HA cabin; in reality, we have received them! And, of course, our move down was to another HA cabin.

I don't believe they have added a "no upgrade box" to the personalizer. I wish they would add it and make it easier.

We always call Princess directly and have them mark it as no upgrade, even if it has been moved to a travel agent. The travel agent can make the change, however we had an agent tells us they did change it years ago and did not follow up, and they moved us from a room in the front, to the very back as it was considered an upgrade.

We usually pick the exact room we want and don't want to move as some of their opinions of an upgrade is a downgrade to us.

I don't believe they have added a "no upgrade box" to the personalizer. I wish they would add it and make it easier.

We always call Princess directly and have them mark it as no upgrade, even if it has been moved to a travel agent. The travel agent can make the change, however we had an agent tells us they did change it years ago and did not follow up, and they moved us from a room in the front, to the very back as it was considered an upgrade.

We usually pick the exact room we want and don't want to move as some of their opinions of an upgrade is a downgrade to us.

I have just tried a mock booking and it automatically defaults to the accepting an upgrade, so easy to miss. All the other options from that booking page are available to amend on Princess cruise personaliser so you can check and amend but not for the upgrade option.

Will certainly take your advise and clarify with Princess direct in the future

I have just tried a mock booking and it automatically defaults to the accepting an upgrade, so easy to miss. All the other options from that booking page are available to amend on Princess cruise personaliser so you can check and amend but not for the upgrade option.

Will certainly take your advise and clarify with Princess direct in the future

That's exactly what I meant when I said we should have an access to a "no upgrade" box in the cruise personalizer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's exactly what I meant when I said we should have an access to a "no upgrade" box in the cruise personalizer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few years ago the general public booking page did have the check box option for no upgrade. This appears to have been removed. I recently booked a Norway fjords cruise on the Sapphire for this summer and snagged an aft cabin that I didn't want to lose. I had to call Princess reservations to have them input it behind the scenes. Only takes a few minutes on the phone to get this done and it is time well spent if you don't want to lose a great cabin location. I wish they would have kept this accessible to all on the webpage, but calling is no big deal.

You don't need to make it wreck your day in Seattle. We've moved on a B2B before and it was seamless.

Try not to unpack all your stuff on day one. As a matter of fact, just pack an overnight carry on that you will use for that first day without unpacking anything else. We've found those packing cubes invaluable for this for when we stay in a hotel for the night before our cruise embarks.

On your one day cruise, meet up with the room steward where your room will be for the 2nd portion of your B2B. Explain that you would like to bring your luggage to that room in the morning after the other passengers have departed. He / she will most likely allow you to place your unpacked luggage in the closet and even put your valuables in the safe after the previous passengers have vacated the cabin.

Then, go out and enjoy your day ... no need to hang out on the ship if your objective is to tour the port. It is my understanding that many passengers do this and there is some 'in transit' process you will have to go through in the morning ... then you are good to go enjoy your day. When you reboard, you can unpack and not wait for your luggage to arrive ... just head right up to your room and unpack your belongings at your leisure.

You don't need to make it wreck your day in Seattle. We've moved on a B2B before and it was seamless.

Try not to unpack all your stuff on day one. As a matter of fact, just pack an overnight carry on that you will use for that first day without unpacking anything else. We've found those packing cubes invaluable for this for when we stay in a hotel for the night before our cruise embarks.

On your one day cruise, meet up with the room steward where your room will be for the 2nd portion of your B2B. Explain that you would like to bring your luggage to that room in the morning after the other passengers have departed. He / she will most likely allow you to place your unpacked luggage in the closet and even put your valuables in the safe after the previous passengers have vacated the cabin.

Then, go out and enjoy your day ... no need to hang out on the ship if your objective is to tour the port. It is my understanding that many passengers do this and there is some 'in transit' process you will have to go through in the morning ... then you are good to go enjoy your day. When you reboard, you can unpack and not wait for your luggage to arrive ... just head right up to your room and unpack your belongings at your leisure.

perfect advice...we have changed cabins on B2B's..most recently in Venice...no worries.

So you're on the R/T 7night Seattle to Seattle followed by the repo to Vancouver - suggest some time during your Alaska cruise, see your room steward and explain the situation to him/her and ask how much you can leave unpacked the last night before Seattle to make their job of moving your stuff to the other cabin easier. I have read some posts here on CC that said the steward moved clothes on hangars between cabins on a B2B. Tell them you plan to be off the ship the entire day in Seattle from 8:30 AM on so they have all day to make your move. That way you only have to take your valuables with you for your day in Seattle

What? Who told you that?..the above is incorrect, but not worth spending your time on. Think about it, they sent you a notice, why can't they send the pax who has your original cabin a notice.

I have had Princess mess around with my "do not upgrade cabins" more than once the last 3 years....and really was enlightened about the process, thru Guest Relations. In fact I lost 2 cabins....because the original booking pax or their TA wanted them back after they were upgraded..one I lost 2 weeks after I made final payment and this was mini E731!...I was not happy!

You'll have a great time and really no hassle to change cabins...easier than dealing with Princess to get your original one back....

Edited by land lover

So you're on the R/T 7night Seattle to Seattle followed by the repo to Vancouver - suggest some time during your Alaska cruise, see your room steward and explain the situation to him/her and ask how much you can leave unpacked the last night before Seattle to make their job of moving your stuff to the other cabin easier. I have read some posts here on CC that said the steward moved clothes on hangars between cabins on a B2B. Tell them you plan to be off the ship the entire day in Seattle from 8:30 AM on so they have all day to make your move. That way you only have to take your valuables with you for your day in Seattle

They move your items on a garment rack.. will even move draws/exchange drawers..... really a non issue.....but as another poster said...use a carryon and leave other items packed.

Why not go to the inside cabin that you want on embarkation, knock on the door and explain your situation to the people that are in that cabin? Tell them if they switch with you, they can have a balcony for the night. All of you go down to the Purser's Desk and have them switch out the seapass cards/accounts. If they aren't in their cabin, you could even leave them a note saying something like, "Before you unpack - call us. We'd love to give you our balcony cabin for the night." and leave your cell phone number. It might be worth a try. ;)