Anthem of the Seas “Detouring”

When we returned to the ship on Sunday from Bridgetown, Barbados,

we were notified that due to the massive North Atlantic storm, our good captain cancelled our scheduled call Monday in St. Kitts, and is taking a much more westerly course, over a longer distance through sheltered waters, in an attempt to avoid the worst of the weather. We also are going to travel at close to full speed, to reach Bayonne on schedule, Friday...

So far, so good... :)

I was looking for an update on Anthem. Glad to hear the captain is taking another course. Be safe and enjoy the ship. We are hoping the weather men are wrong about the Nor’Easter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was looking for an update on Anthem. Glad to hear the captain is taking another course. Be safe and enjoy the ship. We are hoping the weather men are wrong about the Nor’Easter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OH they're not wrong. Expecting 10"-14" here in the north and west Philly suburbs. The heavy band goes north and east from here. Should be in New England by Thursday though. Should be ok getting into NYC Friday but you'll be trailing the storm the whole way.

Be safe and good luck.

We leave Friday for Harmony OTS. Sailing Saturday.

OH they're not wrong. Expecting 10"-14" here in the north and west Philly suburbs. The heavy band goes north and east from here. Should be in New England by Thursday though. Should be ok getting into NYC Friday but you'll be trailing the storm the whole way.

Be safe and good luck.

We leave Friday for Harmony OTS. Sailing Saturday.

Nooooooooooooooooo. :(

What was it that Yogi Berra used to say?

It’s “Deja Vu all over again”? :)

I went thru the same scenario on my December 2nd Anthem Cruise, although we didn’t skip a port on that one. That time, Captain Henrik Sorensen was the Master. He brought us safely into Bayonne on schedule.

Anybody know why people got different $ amounts of port fees refunded? I thought that would be the same amount for every person.

Royal bases port fees on whatever value they were when the booking was created.

Just got back this morning from that cruise too, staff told us if we went to St Kitts, stuck to schedule and returned back on course we'd hit 30-35 ft waves tailing that storm :o

All in all, was a wise decision...we were happy !