Upgrade after final payment - rules?!

Hi,

trying to get the rules for upgrades after final payment straight...

- You can upgrade/ move to any cabin if the price is highet and you pay at least 1$ extra to RCI

What if a higher cabin has a lower $ - than the $ you paid for your current one?

You are not getting anything $ back - but can you still move to the higher category for "free" ?:confused:

Thanks!

Hi,

trying to get the rules for upgrades after final payment straight...

- You can upgrade/ move to any cabin if the price is highet and you pay at least 1$ extra to RCI

What if a higher cabin has a lower $ - than the $ you paid for your current one?

You are not getting anything $ back - but can you still move to the higher category for "free" ?:confused:

Thanks!

If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, you can upgrade any time. You are correct in that if the new stateroom costs less than you paid, you will not get any money back. Also note that they could deem that the current prices apply to new bookings only, and give you a different upgrade price hundreds of dollars more than you see on the website.

The price of my JS had dropped over 900.00 after final on my Jewel cruise in January!! :eek: But I turned a pigs ear into a silk purse and was able to upgrade to a GS for free. :D

And please explain how you did that:)

And please explain how you did that:)

I noticed the price drop while on board Oasis. CS desk let me call RCI Guest Services when I noticed that not only the JS had dropped dramatically, but the GS had dropped as well to just under what I paid originally for the JS.

Asked to be switched to one of the GS cabins, and was happily done by the agent. No money back, but got a good deal on a GS.

I noticed the price drop while on board Oasis. CS desk let me call RCI Guest Services when I noticed that not only the JS had dropped dramatically, but the GS had dropped as well to just under what I paid originally for the JS.

Asked to be switched to one of the GS cabins, and was happily done by the agent. No money back, but got a good deal on a GS.

You were fortunate that you did not lose any perks/benefits from your original booking. We saw a price drop after final payment and wanted to upgrade from an obstructed balcony to a regular balcony but we would have lost some of our OBCs.

MARAPRINCE

You were fortunate that you did not lose any perks/benefits from your original booking. We saw a price drop after final payment and wanted to upgrade from an obstructed balcony to a regular balcony but we would have lost some of our OBCs.

MARAPRINCE

Have never lost my OBC, though I do remind the CS agent to transfer over the existing OBC on my updated confirmation. Some instances could lose the prepaid grats (was specific promo when booked) but never the OBC, and in fact in some instances have actually gained additional OBC. I have switched cabins and upgraded many times.

Edited by island lady

MARAPRINCE

Also same for my upcoming Anthem sailing. And I already used some of that OBC in cruise planner. Sometimes not worth it when you factor that in.