Holland America first time

sunsetme

I have cruise over 40 times but not with HOLLAND america. I am looking at a cruise July 2019 Alaska and the pricing is non refundable because of some special deal. I have never had to pay this far in advance and am reluctant to do so. What kind of gimmick is this and how can I book the usual deposit now and pay 90 to 75 days final payment?

I have cruise over 40 times but not with HOLLAND america. I am looking at a cruise July 2019 Alaska and the pricing is non refundable because of some special deal. I have never had to pay this far in advance and am reluctant to do so. What kind of gimmick is this and how can I book the usual deposit now and pay 90 to 75 days final payment?

Call HAL and ask for pricing with deposit only. They may well have pricing for both a refundable deposit and a non-refundable deposit. Or you can wait until the current promotion ends (Seas the Day or something like that) and see what happens. Personally there is no way in heck I'd book for anytime in 2019 and pay in full non-refundable this far in advance unless it's a seriously crazy deal, and my definition of seriously crazy would be the price is so low that it's probably a major typo. :D:D:D

Yeah, that non-refundable is goofy. I recommend pleading ignorance and pay a bit more, but you can cancel with only a small deposit.

I sent a letter to Seattle and they responded that they feel the non-refundable is the way of the future. NOT!

Jim

[quote

I sent a letter to Seattle and they responded that they feel the non-refundable is the way of the future. NOT!

Jim

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Tell me another, Seattle!

Yes. What it will be is an exodus to whatever lines don't do it.

Don't know who you are booking through, but contact them and ask them what the price of the cruise will be with a refundable price -- it will be higher.

Forget about the perks. HAL has been raising their cruise fares the last couple of years to cover them.

Great advice and mirrors my feelings 100%