The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

etravel, I think Celebrity chooses your MDR if you have if you have the early or late seating--but not your specialty restaurants. We have the Select Dining option, so I can choose and book our MDRs now. :)

I'm curious what specialty restaurants people are wanting to book and why? I want to eat at Raw on 5 as well (on the MC if possible), but I'm thinking that might be a nice place to stop by for lunch without a res and pay a la carte.

Six of us booked our specialty restaurants and times for our Edge TA. Ivana is in charge of this specifically for Edge. We also felt that many may sell out before the cruise, so it was nice to have a confirmation in hand from the person in charge of this...I just never believe the web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! Thanks for the summary. I will be on the Edge twice and plan to visit as many of the restaurants and bars as I can. So many great choices.

It is going to be hard to choose! I guess we will just have to do more Edge cruises. :D

Six of us booked our specialty restaurants and times for our Edge TA. Ivana is in charge of this specifically for Edge. We also felt that many may sell out before the cruise, so it was nice to have a confirmation in hand from the person in charge of this...I just never believe the web site.

Did you go through Ivana because of a larger group? Could specialty restaurants not be booked through the cruise planner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you go through Ivana because of a larger group? Could specialty restaurants not be booked through the cruise planner?

Each couple booked their own pack of dinners, but I coordinated all of us with our specific times and dates, emailing them to Ivana, along with all our booking #’s and names. She emailed back with our confirmations.

I also did my specialty dinners for my upcoming Reflection Cruise at the end of April for just my DH and myself. I had to email Domy Valdes for those.

Ivrhovec@rccl.com (Ivana’s email)

She is only for Edge...

If you can book reservations, dates and times through Celebrity, go for it, but I have never been able to do that.

Hope this clarifies things for you!

You can book specialty restaurants individually via your cruise planner, and pay full price. You cannot use your cruise planner to book restaurants using your discounted specialty dining package.

Hope this clarifies things for you!

Thank you, just one more question- did you get a specialty restaurant multi day pack and then got the dates booked through Ivana? Thank you [emoji120]

You can book specialty restaurants individually via your cruise planner, and pay full price. You cannot use your cruise planner to book restaurants using your discounted specialty dining package.

Thank you, I knew that and was under the impression that the only way to book times with the package is when on board?

Thank you, I knew that and was under the impression that the only way to book times with the package is when on board?

Yes. Sorry, I meant to say that as well. It is my understanding that we must book restaurants using the package once we board the ship.

Am booked for Eden and the Rooftop Grill for my December preview cruise.

I'm hemming between Eden and Le Grand Bistro and Eden and Rooftop. I love dining outside, but I'm just not excited about the menu.

Yes. Sorry, I meant to say that as well. It is my understanding that we must book restaurants using the package once we board the ship.

I want to add that I believe the person Lastdance mentioned (Ivana) is the Dining Administrator for Edge. I had thought such pre-cruise resources were only meant for suite guests, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know if these resources are available to all of us?

I want to add that I believe the person Lastdance mentioned (Ivana) is the Dining Administrator for Edge. I had thought such pre-cruise resources were only meant for suite guests, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know if these resources are available to all of us?

I would also appreciate this information since we are 5 couples who, thru the famous web site, could not link our reservations for the steak house. I called and, as usual, got the "did you put in the number of people you would sit with". No, because it was NOT "put in the number" it was we will try to accomodate a group of 10. So, now we are all booked, paid and have been told that we have to wait to board to go and make the arrangements.

I anyone knows how to get this done now I would really appreciate any help. This is crazy. I also attempted to link for the main dining room and, no, same story. Friends have been "wait listed" for 6 in the MDR and never asked for 6. They are all now trying to get a later time. This new "system" is NOT going to work, especially when many folks who are not here on CC don't have the information we do. I see problems for those first few cruises. Hope not.;);)

I would also appreciate this information since we are 5 couples who, thru the famous web site, could not link our reservations for the steak house. I called and, as usual, got the "did you put in the number of people you would sit with". No, because it was NOT "put in the number" it was we will try to accomodate a group of 10. So, now we are all booked, paid and have been told that we have to wait to board to go and make the arrangements.

I anyone knows how to get this done now I would really appreciate any help. This is crazy. I also attempted to link for the main dining room and, no, same story. Friends have been "wait listed" for 6 in the MDR and never asked for 6. They are all now trying to get a later time. This new "system" is NOT going to work, especially when many folks who are not here on CC don't have the information we do. I see problems for those first few cruises. Hope not.;);)

I think there may a few people in the know and have this information and more, just because they are not posters or read CC does not make it an information desert outside of CC. Not to say there are no insiders here on CC, though but a lot of speculators and rumour mills too.

Yes, please expect a few or even quite a few hiccups on the first 90 days of sailings, just the nature of new entities inaugurals, same as for airplanes, autos and etc... If not, I would be disappointed for sure as there would be no postings as to how upset people were by the 'misses' or 'problems' encountered while aboard and where improvements are needed. I know there will be ravers (positive), so that will not be an issue.

The new system is not going to work? Do you mean to say it will not work if some passengers, especially some groups of people traveling together, do not get times and places they want?

Also, I have not known X's website to accommodate more than a group of six (6) for reservations in any situation for dining, yet I could be incorrect. On previous sailings when we were eight (8) had to make two (2) sets of reservations for four (4) and connected them on-board...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Thank you, just one more question- did you get a specialty restaurant multi day pack and then got the dates booked through Ivana? Thank you [emoji120]

Yes...you must have paid for the specialty dining package before you can book days/times.

I do not think Ivana knew I was in a suite...now Domy(Reflection) did know that when when I booked for two this April. Remember how much trouble we both had just trying to get this information for our prior cruise? It would be nice to have the facts, so everyone would know.

For The Steak House Specialty Restaurant or any Specialty Restaurant on EDGE...(not for MDR)

So, read the information I posted above(#32) about emailing Ivana. Include all your names and reference numbers, but make sure you have all paid. Also, give her your times and dates. She is very responsive. Ivana is only for Edge and it is open for booking...this is how one can book dates and times, as Celebrity can take your money on the website. I do not know if you have to have a party of six or more for Edge to be able to book this way. However, just give it a try, as you have more than six.

If I can do it, you should be able to do it too. I also did this before on Reflection and it worked perfectly. Reflection is Domy Valdes.

Edited by Lastdance

I do not think Ivana knew I was in a suite...now Domy(Reflection) did know that when when I booked for two this April. Remember how much trouble we both had just trying to get this information for our prior cruise? It would be nice to have the facts, so everyone would know.

Exactly. And I still don’t know the answer, since I’ve not tried it myself. That’s why I’m asking. Since I’m not in a suite for any of my current bookings, I’d love to know I too could get specialty dining booking assistance from the Dining Administrator. If you think Ivana didn’t know you were in a suite, I guess the answer is yes.

Edited by Silkroad

Exactly. And I still don’t know the answer, since I’ve not tried it myself. That’s why I’m asking. Since I’m not in a suite for any of my current bookings, I’d love to know I too could get specialty dining booking assistance from the Dining Administrator. If you think Ivana didn’t know you were in a suite, I guess the answer is yes.

If you do it, please come back and let us know how it went. :D

On the other hand, as soon as Ivana looked into their reservation she would know these were suit guests. My question then - digressing a bit - I thought specialty restaurants were included for suite guests ie they would not have needed to buy a package?

If you do it, please come back and let us know how it went. :D

Will do, but it won’t be for this ship because our dear friend took care of it for us:D. Someone else on this thread may want to give it a go. If I’m successful (or unsuccessful) with one of our other bookings, I’ll report back here.

On the other hand, as soon as Ivana looked into their reservation she would know these were suit guests. My question then - digressing a bit - I thought specialty restaurants were included for suite guests ie they would not have needed to buy a package?

I thought the same thing. Ivana may have known. We won’t know unless a non-suite guest tries to get assistance from Ivana.

Specialty restaurants are included with some suites (Royal and above, I think).

I thought the same thing. Ivana may have known. We won’t know unless a non-suite guest tries to get assistance from Ivana.

Specialty restaurants are included with some suites (Royal and above perhaps).

Thank you ;)