O Sheehan’s speed

odessy

Have been to OSheehan's on the Pearl,Jewel,Dawn,Getaway,Escape,Epic and I think on the Sun( may still have been the Blue Lagoon) but with the exception of once on the Epic,service and food was just fine. I will say that the best of both were on the Escape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O'Sheehans was not on the Sun in December.

:hearteyes::mad:yuck! Thats the worst item! They bread them! Bone in wings are not supposed to be breaded. Was so disappoined the first time we ordered these after everyone talking up the wings on here.

You’ve obviously never been to a hooters or any other place that has options for their wings to be “naked”. Breaded wings are quite the norm in many locations. The sauce sticks to them better. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean that they are “not supposed to be breaded” as you say. Obviously you are in the minority based upon how many people rave about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the Escape, and ate at O'Sheehan's for breakfast multiple times, lunch a few, and many many snacks late at night. Only once was service slow, and I think they were having a equipment malfunction that time. They got things going and all was right again. The food was decent pub food (and the jerk wings were great) and I would not hesitate to go back, at least on the Escape.

Edit: The jerk wings (I order them at least 3 times) were not breaded. Different ships, different staff?

[emoji813]eyes::mad:yuck! Thats the worst item! They bread them! Bone in wings are not supposed to be breaded. Was so disappoined the first time we ordered these after everyone talking up the wings on here.
Didn't realise there was a 'Chicken Wings Police'

Any other rules and regulations?

To OP.

O'Sheehans is fine. Try it. What's the worst that can happen? And be a rebel, try the wings. Like the majority I think they're great regardless of how they're 'supposed to be'

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is this venue open for

embarkation lunch?

Or

Is the only free one on Escape at the buffet ?

Thanks. 6.5 Weeks! :cool:

there will be or should be a MDR open on embarkation day for lunch, as well as the buffet and yes, O'Sheehans. We have gotten to the place where we look forward to O'Sheehan's as soon as we board the ship. We love to order lunch, have a couple of drinks and watch all the people getting on board. This way we don't get impatient waiting for the cabins to be ready. We just relax.

Looks like it is a hit or miss. And i like the comments of "Your on vacation, no rush". Because that is true, I will Chill with a drink to start and try and sample a little bit of everything. Thank you for all your replys.

We were on the Escape last week and went to O'Sheehans 3 times, twice for lunch and once for dinner. We went there as soon as we boarded on Saturday. I had the the Buffalo wings and a chopped salad, Brian had hotdog and fries. Service was fairly quick, we were one of the first seated and it filled up pretty quickly. The chopped salad was good and the wings, while on the mild side for Buffalo style, were decent. Not the best I ever had but not the worst either. Brian said the hotdog and fries were good.

We went back for dinner for the prime rib night. We probably waited a little longer for service that evening and it wasn't too busy as we went about 6:00. We did ask to have our seat moved as there was live music in the Atrium at the time and it was so loud we couldn't hear each other talk. It was a good meal, decent portions.

We went back for lunch on the last sea day, again not very busy and we didn't have to wait long for service. I ordered the Buffalo wings and nachos this time and Brian ordered the "Irish American Stew". The nachos were "meh". They come with a cheese whiz type sauce on them, bacon bits, jalapeno peppers and a drizzle of sour cream. I asked for and received some salsa and sour cream. The wings were, again, decent.

The Irish American stew was in no way Irish or stew. Irish stew is made with lamb and stew is typically gravy based. This would have been more aptly named a corned beef and cabbage soup. It was mostly cabbage and corned beef with a couple bits of potato and carrot thrown in.

Like any restaurant I suppose, service and food can be hit or miss. For the number of people served on this ship each day, I'd have to give the Escape props for serving pretty decent food with relatively good service.

Never had an issue with speed of the meal. Quality is another story. I once was served a hamburger that was so over cooked it was hard. They gladly replaced it with a fresh delicious burger. No issues other than that one time.

O'Sheehans for breakfast is a great way to start the day.

The one time I had an issue with O'Sheehan's we had the opposite burger problem: it was served practically raw. As in your experience, they happily replaced it.

I love the place... I think the wings are quite good, and the fact that you can stop by there all hours of the night for a snack is an experience that is lacking on many cruise lines these days.

I enjoy breakfast there, too, especially on those days when my wife wants to sleep in and I'm riding solo.

Is this venue open for

embarkation lunch?

Or

Is the only free one on Escape at the buffet ?

Thanks. 6.5 Weeks! :cool:

On Escape this week both Taste and Savor opened at noon for lunch. The Garden Cafe and O'Sheehan's were both open around 11:30.

:hearteyes::mad:yuck! Thats the worst item! They bread them! Bone in wings are not supposed to be breaded. Was so disappoined the first time we ordered these after everyone talking up the wings on here.

Who says they’re not supposed to be breaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
7 months ago on the breakaway we ate there 3 times. the food was good! all three times the service was sloooooooowwww. the first two times we were there the place was all but empty, so i cannot figure that one out. the last time we went it was packed at breakfast so taking longer is understandable.

Just off the GEM, decided to update... I have the same review for O'Sheehans (or Houlihans as hubby kept mistakenly calling it lol) as the one on the Breakaway... Went 3 times, good food, slow service, empty restaurant (not at the bar), won't keep me from going there again though :)

Edited to add: I wasn't a fan of the menu never changing.