Booking comfort seats through ezair ???

53sunset

Hello, in the past we've booked FLIGHTS with EZAir, paid Princess for our airline tickets, then were able to go to the Delta site and book and pay extra for comfort seats once our seats were ticketed. When I called Delta today to inquire of the price of comfort seats on our flight, they said you could no longer book that way and that you had to book directly through Princess for any premium seats. Has anyone had any experience with this recently? The last time we booked like this was April 2017. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

I just used EZAir and added our premium economy about 4 days ago. You do have to pay EZAir in full and ask them to make sure the flights are ticketed. After EXAir is ticketed it is no longer cancelable, and the fare is locked in.

The cruiselines don't ticket otherwise until closer to the sailing.

Hello, in the past we've booked FLIGHTS with EZAir, paid Princess for our airline tickets, then were able to go to the Delta site and book and pay extra for comfort seats once our seats were ticketed. When I called Delta today to inquire of the price of comfort seats on our flight, they said you could no longer book that way and that you had to book directly through Princess for any premium seats. Has anyone had any experience with this recently? The last time we booked like this was April 2017. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Delta changed their rules for booking Delta comfort seats awhile ago....now you purchase their Delta comfort fare up front (it includes the cost of the Delta comfort seats). You no longer can purchase an economy ticket and then purchase the comfort seats. If you purchase a regular Delta economy fare and then decide you want to have Delta comfort seats, you will have to exchange your ticket for a Delta Comfort ticket which will involve a change fee plus the difference in fare.

You want to book Delta comfort seat fare at the beginning but does involve calls to Princess for the correct fare, etc.

Also, most other airlines are following suit so you need to decide at the beginning if you want the premium economy seats!

Delta Comfort seats are under 'Premium Economy' thru EZAir.

What you will often find is that Delta First Class thru EZAir is only a pittance more than Delta Comfort plus the bag fees. Or likewise Business Class on other airlines flying the same route.

As fishywood said, easy to book Delta Comfort plus seats using the premium economy option on EZ Air. Just go to the drop-down menu where it says economy and you'll see the options there.

As for finding the pricing for business class just a bit more, I haven't been as fortunate. Big price differences last I've checked. But I'll continue to check. Who knows. Might get lucky.

Checking EZair for summer flights and when selecting Premium Economy many of the itineraries do not have all flights in that class.

About half on them state: Some flights may not be in your requested class

For example, a one-stop routing from LAX/ORD/LHR states: Not in requested class

Both flights are in economy & the non-stop back to LAX is the only one of three flights in that class of seat.

This situation also occurs when I attempt to use frequent flyer miles so check all of the details before booking flights. That’s deceptive to me because when booking a higher class of ticket then all flights should be in that class.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I found the drop down box on the Princess website and will be checking prices often to get the best price. As of today the Premium Economy is double the economy seats so we'll wait awhile and see what happens with the price.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I found the drop down box on the Princess website and will be checking prices often to get the best price. As of today the Premium Economy is double the economy seats so we'll wait awhile and see what happens with the price.

What could happen is that the Economy seat price increases with the Premium Economy price staying the same or also increasing.

We just moved seats on our 13+ hour transpacific leg to get more leg room and preferred boarding while leaving all other legs in the cheap seats section. We did this not on the easy air page but directly thru AA as that was the only way to do so in our case.

When booking them thru EA at initial booking you pay for more leg room on all legs and will pay more. We did this after final payment and after the 45 day period prior to departure closed and paid just $130 more. Initially booking the entire trip on EA in premium economy wouldn’t have cost far more and with some legs being relatively short it wasn’t necessary.

We just moved seats on our 13+ hour transpacific leg to get more leg room and preferred boarding while leaving all other legs in the cheap seats section. We did this not on the easy air page but directly thru AA as that was the only way to do so in our case.

When booking them thru EA at initial booking you pay for more leg room on all legs and will pay more. We did this after final payment and after the 45 day period prior to departure closed and paid just $130 more. Initially booking the entire trip on EA in premium economy wouldn’t have cost far more and with some legs being relatively short it wasn’t necessary.

Thanks for your reply, that is what we have done in the past but were told we couldn't do that now. We only need more leg room on the TA flight, not the shorter ones. We'll just wait and hope for the best.

Checking EZair for summer flights and when selecting Premium Economy many of the itineraries do not have all flights in that class.

About half on them state: Some flights may not be in your requested class

For example, a one-stop routing from LAX/ORD/LHR states: Not in requested class

Both flights are in economy & the non-stop back to LAX is the only one of three flights in that class of seat.

This situation also occurs when I attempt to use frequent flyer miles so check all of the details before booking flights. That’s deceptive to me because when booking a higher class of ticket then all flights should be in that class.

I have also gotten the same type of message because short hops from our home airport to ORD of JFK don't offer the premium economy. I go ahead with the booking anyway. I just carefully check the listing on the EZAir website for all the flights to make sure that the long TA or TP flights have the premium economy. So far the pricing has beaten Delta's website.

Wow' date=' you are so right. I just checked Delta flights for our late in the year cruise. Delta Economy Plus is $360 one way. Delta first class is $364! That's rather a "no brainer!"[/quote']

That is a no-brainer. We are going to Sydney and I checked BC and FC. Several times the cost of PE. :eek: We'll be staying in PE unless some miracle happens lol