Booking using 3rd party website - Experiences?

Hello,

I was looking to book a cruise and my friend noticed a better price on a cruises only website. I keep checking the price on Royal Caribbean and it seems this third party website not only has a cheaper price but more cabins and better perks (no deposit required, on board credit).

I'm really nervous to book through anything but Royal directly..

Has anyone done this before? Will I still be able to view and modify my reservation through the Royal Caribbean site once it is linked to my C&A account?

Final question - Will I receive double point on my Royal CC if the purchase is not made through them?

Any third party website is basically the same as booking through a TA. I have booked directly through my TA’s website and had no problem accessing my reservation on Royal and doing online checkin, cruise planner, air2sea, etc. I can’t answer your CC question.

That website will become your travel agent and you will need to go through them with any cruise-related issues (such as making final payment, etc). You will be able to access your reservation on RCI's site (though maybe not right now with the "upgrade") and do planner things, but you won't be able to call RCI to ask for price drops, change rooms, etc. Generally when you book through a TA, you provide them the number and they provide it to Royal Caribbean so the charge still comes through Royal.

Hello,

I was looking to book a cruise and my friend noticed a better price on a cruises only website. I keep checking the price on Royal Caribbean and it seems this third party website not only has a cheaper price but more cabins and better perks (no deposit required, on board credit).

I'm really nervous to book through anything but Royal directly..

Has anyone done this before? Will I still be able to view and modify my reservation through the Royal Caribbean site once it is linked to my C&A account?

Final question - Will I receive double point on my Royal CC if the purchase is not made through them?

Never heard of such a thing as no deposit required

Double check their policies. Personally I always book through either an individual travel agent, or direct with Royal. Our first cruise we booked with a big box online cruise seller and they charged us a fee every time we called in and they had a large cancellation fee, even though Royal Caribbean didn't.

They aren't all that way, but you agree to the policies of whoever you book with.

Never heard of such a thing as no deposit required

Its not the the deposit isn't required, they just defer it until 10 days before final payment is due. Meaning you give them a CC but they won't charge it until then.

I imagine you'd incur a penalty for cancelling.

As I dug deeper, that benefit is not available for the rate I am interested in.

I have booked several of our cruises via a big online concern and did not see any difference in the price, just much better additional benefits such as additional OBC, free hotel night, free night dining, etc. I had no trouble with my reservation and went through the person I work with at the site for changes and such, but it is easy and worth it for the added benefits. Best of luck.

Out of 30+ cruises, we've booked twice with one online cruise site and had good luck. While this particular site does charge a cancellation fee, the prices were significantly less than Royal's advertised price so it was worth the risk. This site also includes insurance in the price of the cruise. I've never seen them advertise no deposit. Shop around and you might be surprised. It's also much easier to navigate this online site than a majority of the cruise line sites.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk