I'm proposing.... I need help

MRLKAD

Does it have to be on the ship itself?

Why not have someone put a note in a bottle, "Will you marry me? etc etc", and bury it half in the sand on one of the beaches you will no doubt venture to?

Then as you walk hand in hand along the beach you point and say, "Look over there....that bottle in the sand, etc etc", and as she picks it up she will see it contains a note......which of course is her cue to read it, and your cue to bring out the ring hiding in your pocket.

Ok, your plan sounds awesome. One idea if you want it less public but public is to pick a specialty restaurant you know she will like, book it for everyone, then on the way there or afterward, stop by one of the many photographers taking pictures (perhaps on a formal night). Figure out a way to get them in on this and have them start asking questions. Where are you from (to you and your soon to be fiancé)? Are you married? No, boyfriend and girlfriend? And so on. Then they can say something like "Ok, one more pose, get down on one knee and act like you are proposing," and that's when the ring comes out when you are down on one knee. BONUS: You have great pictures of the proposal and her reaction too - for purchase of course.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! You sound like a great guy so I'm sure she'll be happy. However you decide to do it, enjoy your cruise and come back to let us know how it went.

I do not have any ideas, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this! My now husband proposed by the buried message in a bottle. He wrote an extremely sweet letter and rolled it up inside and I had no idea what was going on even while I was reading it. Fingers crossed that you have a beautiful proposal that is amazing.

Ok, your plan sounds awesome. One idea if you want it less public but public is to pick a specialty restaurant you know she will like, book it for everyone, then on the way there or afterward, stop by one of the many photographers taking pictures (perhaps on a formal night). Figure out a way to get them in on this and have them start asking questions. Where are you from (to you and your soon to be fiancé)? Are you married? No, boyfriend and girlfriend? And so on. Then they can say something like "Ok, one more pose, get down on one knee and act like you are proposing," and that's when the ring comes out when you are down on one knee. BONUS: You have great pictures of the proposal and her reaction too - for purchase of course.

Otherwise, I like the idea of having the cruise director come up with something really cool for you.

I shocked the he$$ out of my wife with the proposal because I decided to do it somewhere totally unexpected. Pre-kids, we went out for breakfast (and not church, haha) every Sunday morning for a nice leisurely 3 hour meal at the coffee shop where we just sat, drank coffee, read the papers and talked. Bam, stunned the bleep out of her as she would have never suspected that. But it was one of our favorite places and times of the week.

Loooooove this idea as well!

I personally wouldn't want to be proposed to in public (with the CD or Captain), and then have people possibly come up to me afterwards. Just my opinion.

You know you're gf best and I wish you luck. I'm following this thread to see what happens. Hope you'll come back to tell us. [emoji4]

Sent from my S7 using Forums mobile app

I'm just trying to to above and beyond for her.. she deserves the world. She is a SUPER hardworking and a WONDERFUL mother. So I want her special night to be.... well special, so that's why I'm trying to get something big planned out with the help of you guys and your great minds and in hopes help from the crew aboard the ship.. I'm kinda bummed my CD blocked me the way he did made it seem more like he is just going for amount of friends vs willingness to drop a ear and read my 2 very short messages asking if there was any way he could help .. . When I went back to check and see if he read it I was just shocked lol.. but maybe I can get ahold of someone today to get this lined up.. I tried yesterday and I guess they were closed..

Love this idea, very clever.

How about designing your own proposal wine label? It is flat and easy to slip in your suitcase. Once onboard, you could probably make arrangements at the steakhouse to peel and stick it on the front of your favorite wine or champagne. Go to dinner there, order a bottle of wine, the waiter/waitress can bring it out and show it to you first for your approval. You inspect the label then show it to your girlfriend to see if she approves. Proposal made and the steakhouse is public but not as overwhelmingly public as the main dining room. Every year, for your anniversary you can make up a new wine label to celebrate. Good luck-however you propose!

This one is good too.

OP- you know your gf better than us, so you know what she would like But being a girl myself, I can speculate that no matter whether she wants something memorable that is kind of a big deal. I am a low key private person myself. Not a fan of having my picture taken or being the center of attention. I like to blend in. But I still wish I had something BIGGER for my proposal. Mine consisted of my DH going to the store to pick something up- I knew it was the ring because he had it on layaway. He came back and the food we ordered had just been delivered, so I was putting some salad on my plate. He wanted me to come in the other room and I was like "hang on, let me get some salad" so he proposed to me right there, as I was getting salad. Not super romantic. I married him anyway and we are still (mostly) happily married, but I do remember the lack of proposal.

On 2/29/08 Gary and I married on Victory w/15 others family awesome!
I agree with setting it up with one of the photographers on Formal night. I would suggest posing in front of the background that shows the ship's railing with the moon in the background. Go early, without your fiancee, and ask photographer to go along with the idea of kneeling to propose. Should result in fantastic photos!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Good luck! I'm proposing to my girl on a cruise in May. Came to these boards to find out how you contact the CD, other than on Facebook. My CD is Chris Salazar as well, so I was trying to find his email or something. I guess I'll just go to his FB page and see what happens. My girl does not want anything public, so I want something simple... go up on a deck and do it there, but it would be nice to have a photographer there to capture the moment. We are going with a BUNCH of friends and family, so I was thinking it would be nice to have them on an upper deck looking down at us so they could watch it unfold, but my girl would not know they were there. I was going to see if the CD could help out with that.

Good luck! I'm proposing to my girl on a cruise in May. Came to these boards to find out how you contact the CD, other than on Facebook. My CD is Chris Salazar as well, so I was trying to find his email or something. I guess I'll just go to his FB page and see what happens. My girl does not want anything public, so I want something simple... go up on a deck and do it there, but it would be nice to have a photographer there to capture the moment. We are going with a BUNCH of friends and family, so I was thinking it would be nice to have them on an upper deck looking down at us so they could watch it unfold, but my girl would not know they were there. I was going to see if the CD could help out with that.

Chris will just block you like he did me... I wouldn't waste your time

My husband proposed to me on a cruise--my birthday cruise as well. One evening we went to the serenity area for a soak in the hot tub. When we got out we sat in one of the round loungers and he proposed to me there. A quiet proposal between the two of us under the stars. He had the ring in his swim trunks the whole time. :o

I agree with setting it up with one of the photographers on Formal night. I would suggest posing in front of the background that shows the ship's railing with the moon in the background. Go early, without your fiancee, and ask photographer to go along with the idea of kneeling to propose. Should result in fantastic photos!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

I like this idea too. The bonus is getting a bunch of high quality photos taken at the same time so she will have those to share with friends and family. Another option is to get restaurant staff or other entertainers (like the musicians in the lobby) involved. The restaurant staff is always willing to bend over backwards to please their guests (and a generous tip doesn't hurt). Maybe even speak with the Maitre'd and see if he or she would be willing to work with you before one of their shows. The CD and Captain are very busy people and I'm sure they receive constant requests all the time for various things. I wouldn't take it personally.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My now husband proposed on an excursion on our cruise. It was a sunset catamaran cruise down in Bermuda. Our best friends were there and it was awesome. Funniest part was, I planned the entire cruise for the whole group, right down to the excursions. I was the only one that didn't know what was going to happen.... LOL

I have an idea, but it might be a little pricey. Have you and your friends/family whoever is cruising with you, book Chef's Table. Try to keep Chef's table a surprise and during Chef's table, maybe Dessert, incorporate a way to propose. I SHOULD warn you that they seem to be a little clueless at keeping it a surprise, but considering this is a double blind surprise (1 for chef's table, 1 for proposal), they should be able to keep it under wraps. And if they slip on #1, your soon-to-be-fiance will not see #2 coming, so it works to your advantage. You can book over email, but the sooner you do it, the better, because Chef's table can be a popular venue, especially if you have more than 2 people.

If you do this, get away from your girlfriend somehow on the first day and make it over to the steakhouse (that's who manages chef's table). Inform them that this is a surprise, so they don't ruin it by A: slipping you an invitation the night before and having your fiance' go "hey what is this?" (This happened when i tried to surprise my wife for her birthday) and B, telling them of all allergies if any which would prevent them coming to the table at dinner and go "hey, we noted you're going to do chef's table, are there any allergies we should be aware of" and ruining the surprise (again, this happened to me too at another time i tried to surprise my wife).

My prior Chef's table, and mileage does vary, is that the Chef gives a presentation of each course when it appears. If you meet with the steakhouse manager, i'm sure they can incorporate your proposal for dessert. There will already be wine available so it would be easy to toast.

We had one last week. During the welcome aboard show the CD picked two couples from the audience to compete in a game. After the game he told the one girl it wasn’t really random and the guy had something important to say. And he did it there on stage.
Was this on the Breeze? Same happened on our March sailing =)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I just woke up....my eyes are half-open.......I read the title of this thread as:

I'm pooping....I need help!

But good luck to you and your bride-to-be, OP.

Well I will tell you how I did it andit worked out very well. I have been on many cruises and know theships well. On Voyager Of The Sea the bow has a Observation observation area on deck 6, a little hard to find at firstand more private. I planned a cruise leaving Hong Kong at 5:30 pm I had got the Hotel Directors Name and email from another RCCL HotelDirector on a cruise two months before.

So I was able to set up with him tohave the area close as the ship was leaving the dock with Hong KongIsland off the port side of the ship. He was able to setup a few crewmembers on the deck, really ships photographer and a video person. Soafter the muster drill, I went to guest services to confirm it wasall set. The only problem with my master plan was Reynaline wentback to cabin and wanted to rest. So everything set and a hard timegetting her up and to walk around with me.

I went to the deck area because I toldher you need a Facebook picture with the city behind you. The staffhad put up a small rope saying close. But I told her it will onlytake a minute, she wasn't really happy she likes to follow rules.But we walked up and I started to take a picture, the Guest ServicesManger was on the deck and yelled across, “sir the deck is closeplease go to another area” that was the code we had worked out thateverything was set.

So on the bow of Voyager I asked her tomarry me. The crew got some great pictures. They brought us some drinks, Reynaline was still in shock over howit happen and the Staff Captain came over to us and ask her if shewanted to get married right now, he said I'm the Captain congratulations, I can marrypeople (yes I know he can't he was being funny). She said no I wanta big wedding with my family and friends. I told him since she saidyes I did not need to jump of the ship and swim back to the dock.

Looking back I'm happy I picked a moreprivate place. But it didn't stay private as the Cruise line put thepictures up in the photo shop. We had a great 5 night cruise. If Iwas doing it again I would not change a thing.

Good luck to you hope you findsomething that works as well for you.

OFTHE SEAS

Do yourself a favor and throw the ring overboard and hook up with as many girls on the ship as you can. Marriage is overrated, just ask all the divorced and miserably married people on this board.

Haaaaaaa. Just teasing