Trying to choose - would love opinions!

mommahnina

Trying to decide. Taking the kids on their 2nd cruise (1st was Bahamas on the liberty) this is me and hubbies 7th never been on these two ships. Should we do Miracle 7 day extended balcony goes to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, and Grand Cayman...or Conquest 6 day oceanveiw going to nassau, half moon day, Grand Turk, and Amber Cove? Kids have been to nassau twice and half moon cay once. We have been to all the places for the conquest, and Cozumel. They are both the same exact price. And I really can't decide lol. I'm leaning towards the miracle because balcony, and new places I haven't been. Buttt it's a smaller ship. Anyways I would love to hear reviews and opinions.

Definitely Miracle...Those islands will also be a learning experience for the kids...Some cool excursions and opportunities to see monkeys and sloths in Belize, cave tubing too!! Sting rays and Turtles in Grand Cayman. Plus 1 extra day!!

I would say in your case, the Miracle. Better room, one more day, and new ports. There’s so many different things that you can do in those Western Caribbean ports; your kids will love them.

I highly recommend visiting some Mayan ruins. If the ruins via Cozumel are out because of the ferry situation, then the Lamanai ruins via Belize are incredible. They are deep in the jungle and have that “Indiana Jones” feel to them. You even get to climb one of them. And there’s howler monkeys that are so cool to hear in person!

I’m Mahogany Bay, if you guys like snorkeling, West Bay Beach has one of the most beautiful reefs that you can access right from shore. If you book through Carnival, the excursion is called Tabyana Beach Break. It gets you transportation and reserved loungers.

In Cozumel X-carat would be a place your kids would probably love, but you have to take a ferry to the mainland for that. Depending on when your cruise is, they might not be up and running in time. For what it’s worth, we have never felt a bit unsafe on the ferry ride to and from the mainland.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise! Whichever one you pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been on both itineraries and they are both great but totally different cruises.

The Conquest is more beach intensive. The Miracle has some great islands. We just did the Conquest one in January.

While the cost of the cruise is the same the shore excursions will add up quickly. Not sure if that is a deciding factor for you or not.

If it was our family we would do the Miracle.

Cozumel - Nachi coccum

Belize- ?

Grand Cayman - Swim with the Stingrays

Mahogany Bay - Little French Key ( one of the best excursions we have ever done)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I vote for the Miracle. Never mine that I'll be boarding her in about a week - we sailed on the Legend out of Tampa twice with that same itinerary, as well as wound up with that itinerary on the Dream when we were changed from Eastern to Western due to a hurricane. 4th time, still excited. We snorkel a lot, and the barrier reef from Belize to Roatan is a great place to snorkel. We go to Maya Key in Roatan - some of the best snorkeling I've ever seen. Belize we do the reef snorkel and island break excursion, love it because they pick you up from the ship, no tender to town needed.

I love the layout of that class of ships (Spirit class maybe? Brain is retired!) No deck that you can't go from bow to stern. I hate not being able to get somewhere without having to go up a deck, walk to the other end of the ship and then back down.

I love the serenity deck with a pool, and the aft is my favorite place to sit, read, and drink!

I vote Western, for those reasons, among many.

It's official - we booked the Miracle!!! :) and we already got faster to the fun Woop Woop! :D

I think you made the right decision. For me, it would have been a no-brainer. The Conquest is my least favorite ship of those I've been on. I haven't been on the Miracle, but I have been on 2 of her sister ships. The Spirit class ships are my favorite size & layout.

The Miracle offered you a longer cruise in a better balcony.

Both cruises have decent ports, but having 4 ports on a 6 day cruise seems a bit rushed to me, not enough relaxation time IMO. Besides, it's nice to be able to explore new ports.

Great choice!