How far in advance can you make select dining reservations?

stipmom

I'm a bit confused about the specialty advance bookings.

Our last cruise was RCL, we bought unlimited specialty dining and the concierge took care of all bookings once we were onboard.

We are on Apex June 6, and have made most speciality reservations via the website. As we eat early, we booked all 6 pm meals.

I've also noticed that many of the speciality dining slots are currently full. 

I would like to purchase the 8 night dining package, but it appears that I have to forfeit my valued dinner reservations and then start making new reservations once onboard.

I don't want to take the risk of not getting the dining venues and times I want. 

If I try to book my 8 restaurants, and add the 8 night dining package, the cart shows charges for the 8 restaurants plus the charge for the 8 night package. That means I am paying double. 

I really don't want to forfeit my current reservations. Am I missing something or being too obessive? 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

1 hour ago, tedsto said:

I'm a bit confused about the specialty advance bookings.

Our last cruise was RCL, we bought unlimited specialty dining and the concierge took care of all bookings once we were onboard.

We are on Apex June 6, and have made most speciality reservations via the website. As we eat early, we booked all 6 pm meals.

I've also noticed that many of the speciality dining slots are currently full. 

I would like to purchase the 8 night dining package, but it appears that I have to forfeit my valued dinner reservations and then start making new reservations once onboard.

I don't want to take the risk of not getting the dining venues and times I want. 

If I try to book my 8 restaurants, and add the 8 night dining package, the cart shows charges for the 8 restaurants plus the charge for the 8 night package. That means I am paying double. 

I really don't want to forfeit my current reservations. Am I missing something or being too obessive? 

Call whoever you booked the cruise with and let them know what you want and let them make your dining reservations. 

I contacted Celebrity recently regarding this question for our Xmas 2023 cruise, here is what they advised.

"With a normal sailing, dining is typically loaded about 10 – 15 months in advance. However, with Holiday Sailings like your upcoming Celebrity Edge cruise on Dec. 21, 2023 – sailings that encompass Christmas and/or New Years -  the dining is generally loaded much closer to the sailing date.  Historically speaking, for the past 2 years our Holiday Sailings are loaded around September/October, so about 3 months before sailing.

At this time, we have not received any further updates as to when the Holiday Sailings will become available for this years departures. Please continue to check our website for updates. Also, our Cruise Enhancements team can assist over the phone with dining reservations once available as well.  For your convenience, they can be reached at phone # 1.800.722.5941 or 1.316.554.5961 and follow prompts for Captain’s Club."

Hope that helps 🙂

Edited by Wookie01

Thank you for your suggestions, they are appreciated. I will check with my travel agent and will also reach out to the Cruise Enhancement team to confirm. It's unlikely that we will be underfed. 

19 hours ago, tedsto said:

What you want to do is not possible..

You either make individual reservations in advance as you have done, or you book a multi-day package and have to wait until you are onboard to make your reservations.

The inability to make advance reservations is the reason you get a discount on the package.

So if the time and day of dining is important to you then you can't get a discount package...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tedsto said:

Thank you Mark, you addressed my concern. Your answer makes sense from Celebrity's viewpoint.

I'll pay a bit more to insure that we can enjoy all of the venues. 

Exactly as Mark_T posted. This is why I choose to pay a tad more, I prefer to have my plans set prior to boarding and I'm particular about my dining times, I also plan around my day plans/excursions so I wouldn't like to be limited once on board. Some are more flexible so the packages work for them. 

Patty