How early for domestic flight out of Rome?

ceb65

Hello everyone,

I have read recommendations for arriving at FCO in Rome 3 hours early for international flights, which we will do. But we are flying to Olbia, Sardinia after our cruise and were wondering if arriving 2 hours before the flight would be enough time since it is in the same country? We plan to take the train from the port to get to the airport and the flight is at 2:25 PM. So I am wondering what time to disembark (we will self-disembark) and use the trains to get to the airport. This is our first time flying to Rome.

Thanks.

Two hours is fine for flyers who are not headed to the US.

I would allow at least two and a half hours to get from your ship to the airport if taking the trains, since it is a bit of a "get on/get off" deal: ship --> free port shuttle to port entrance --> bus to train station --> local train into Rome --> local train or express train to airport. Might even allow a bit more as you may have some wait time between various modes of transport.

Had you thought of possibly just taking a ferry from Civi to Olbia?

We have flown out of FCO to usa and to France many times... flights in Europe generally do not have the same level of security... so 2 hours works for check in. You do not say what cruise line... most lines have a transfer from the ship to the airport which is reasonable priced.

I agree you might look into the ferry... that might be more fun.

3 hours before a international flight and 1 hour for a domestic flight is pretty standard, however it would depend on the country and also the airlines requirements. I don't think you would have issues and would have plenty of time if you got off at 8am for your 2.25pm flight. The train should take around 2 1/2 hours if you get the right connections.