Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

Danishviking: Thank you so much. I was leaning toward Hotel Rye and the neighborhood being nice. Just wasn't sure if I would be unhappy being a little further but I think it will be nice walks or perhaps we might rent bikes one day. Hotel Rye has excellent reviews for a budget hotel and is very affordable for Copenhagen. Again thank you so much for your help.

Last question. Given we are in that location and plan to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and probably a taxi to the port, do you feel a metro pass would be useful? I looked at the Copenhagen card, but not sure I wouldn't do better ala carte.

It depends on how much you are going to see.

Copenhagen Card has a calculator on the website so you can look if you save any money.

But else the city pass that only covers transportation is also a good value and at a much lower price than the other card.

Very near your hotel there is a huge bus interchange called Trianglen where a lots of busses goes from and from next year even a metro station.

Re City Pass - I wanted to check that I could have 2 passes on 1 phone as I was a bit confused by the "don't send a pass to another phone" comment. I had a message from the DOT indicating that there was no problem with that. Just posting this in case anyone is interested and does not want to turn on multiple phones.

Re City Pass - I wanted to check that I could have 2 passes on 1 phone as I was a bit confused by the "don't send a pass to another phone" comment. I had a message from the DOT indicating that there was no problem with that. Just posting this in case anyone is interested and does not want to turn on multiple phones.

Also regarding City Pass, what does one do when neither of us has a smart phone. (We technical dinosaurs are rare, but we do exist.) Also, in a country (Denmark) that is nearly cash free, will lack of smart phones be a problem? Thanks

The ticket is only valid on the phone you purchased it on, so if you buy 2 tickets on the same phone then there is no problem.

Only that you need to show 2 text messages to the bus driver.

Also regarding City Pass, what does one do when neither of us has a smart phone. (We technical dinosaurs are rare, but we do exist.) Also, in a country (Denmark) that is nearly cash free, will lack of smart phones be a problem? Thanks

You get a text message so your old Nokia 3210 will most likely work as well but send them a email and ask if you can use your phone.

So say that we are Cash free is an overstatement.

Only in special areas with social problems are they allowed to say no to cash after 20:00 or around that time.

Five of us are coming into Oceankaj on Sept 11th. We want to do the 11am Grand Walking Free Tour. Best way to get to City Hall by that time? Taxi? Bus? Price? Thank so much.

What ship are you on?

According the the cruise list only 2 ships are in port and no one is docked at Oceankaj.

Sapphire Princess is at Langelinie and Berlin is at Nordre Toldbod.

You get a text message so your old Nokia 3210 will most likely work as well but send them a email and ask if you can use your phone.

So say that we are Cash free is an overstatement.

Only in special areas with social problems are they allowed to say no to cash after 20:00 or around that time.

Thanks. Good news on the cash, bad on the text message. Neither of us has a phone that will work in Europe, so we can't even get a text message. Does that rule out the Copenhagen Card? When we were in Copenhagen in 2003, we were able to get a Copenhagen card somehow. Ironically, I had an international phone (supplied by my office) 15 years ago, but don't have one now.

Copenhagen card is only a physical card, No it here. :D

I was in the proces of finding out if 7-Eleven could issue a city pass with a desired date instead of the date when is purchased.

Hopefully I will find it out very soon.

I was in the proces of finding out if 7-Eleven could issue a city pass with a desired date instead of the date when is purchased.

Hopefully I will find it out very soon.

Can you please ask about a desired Date as well as Time? Thank you very much!

What ship are you on?

According the the cruise list only 2 ships are in port and no one is docked at Oceankaj.

Sapphire Princess is at Langelinie and Berlin is at Nordre Toldbod.

Thanks.... good news. Princess told me Oceankaj

A regular taxi takes up to 4 passengers.

A taxi van takes up to 8 passengers and is roughly 50 % more expensive.

Is that 4 passengers with luggage? or just 4 passengers. We are a group of 4 with 4 large suitcases and need to get from Oceankaj to the airport.

does the shop at oceankai sell the 24hr 80dkk transport pass? I don't want the problems of cell phone tickets; especially multiple people with only one phone. Do they accept USA credit cards?

Hello! looking for recommendation for transportation from Copenhagen airport to Tivoli Hotel congress center.

Two adults 3 med/large pieces of luggage and a wheelchair.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I ordered the City Pass ticket to come to my cell phone for my husband and I. It's one ticket that came by text for 2 people. Charged it to my USA credit card. You do need the phone to be with you but it was pretty easy.

Hi Danish Viking!

Back with questions after you helped me a couple of years ago.

This time we are staying a night both before and after our cruise.

Since we have been to Copenhagen we are thinking of going to Kronborg Castle on Thurs 6/14 after we get to the Scandic Palace hotel. Can you give me advice if you think it is worthwhile, how to get back & forth, and if we should purchase the Copenhagen card to do this.

Also, we are thinking of going to Tivoli since we didn't make it there last time. Can you advise on must do things at Tivoli? We aren't interested in roller coasters (idk if there are any there!).

Thank you,

Chris

Hello! looking for recommendation for transportation from Copenhagen airport to Tivoli Hotel congress center.

Two adults 3 med/large pieces of luggage and a wheelchair.

Thanks in advance for any information.

The easiest way is to go by taxi.

Other options would include train to the central station and then walk or take bus 34 to the Tivoli hotel. (direction Søvang, Rønnevej)

Hi Danish Viking!

Back with questions after you helped me a couple of years ago.

This time we are staying a night both before and after our cruise.

Since we have been to Copenhagen we are thinking of going to Kronborg Castle on Thurs 6/14 after we get to the Scandic Palace hotel. Can you give me advice if you think it is worthwhile, how to get back & forth, and if we should purchase the Copenhagen card to do this.

Also, we are thinking of going to Tivoli since we didn't make it there last time. Can you advise on must do things at Tivoli? We aren't interested in roller coasters (idk if there are any there!).

Thank you,

Chris

Ideally I would do both Frederiksborg Palace and Kronborg Castle.

First you take S-train line E to Hillerød from where you can walk to the Palace.

Train time is 42 minutes and the train runs every 10th minute and walking time from Hillerød station to the castle is around 18 minutes.

Or you can take bus 301 towards Ullerød, Ålholmparken or or 302 towards Sophienlund, Sophienborg and get off at Frederiksborg Slot after 5 minutes.

When you going back you just walk the same way back or take the bus in the reverse direction.

Going from Hillerød to Helsingør is very easy, just take the Lokalbanen train to Helsingør, it takes 26 minutes and the train goes 25 and 55 past the hour.

Kronborg Castle is visible from the train station.

The Maritime Museum is located en route from Helsingør Station to Kronborg Castle and is very much worth a visit.

Going back to Copenhagen you just take the Øresundstog train back to Copenhagen. this trip takes 46 minutes and the train goes 18, 38 and 58 past the hour.

If you are not to tired after that long day you can finish off in Tivoli with a nice dinner and a walk around the park.

If you do this trip you will get a total saving of 54 Euro if you get the Copenhagen Card. (162 versus 108 euro)

If you do this you could start at the central station around 08:30 and be at Frederiksborg slot just before the opening.

It should then be possible to take the 12:55 train to Helsingør and that gives you around 4 hours in Helsingør.

At Kronborg they close at 17:30 and the maritime museum at 17:00 so perhaps you should go for that one first.

Its probably first realistic to reach the 18:18 or 18:38 train back to Copenhagen and that will get you back to Copenhagen at 19:04 or 19:24.

Then its dinner time in Tivoli and then you could stay until the lights gets on when it gets darker.