2 part question - Cabins across from a Service Corridor / Another Bed Configuration

nae418

Hello Everyone:

Part 1

I read a cruise review where the writer of the review was next door to a service corridor and said "never again".

I am across from a service corridor, has anyone been across from a service corridor and had a noise problem.

I know the cabin steward brings linen, towels, ice etc thru those service corridors, I think?

I'm wondering if I should move us while I have time. There's several of us across from a service corridor and we like quiet. Thank you.

Part 2

If we move, can someone for the 3rd time tell me the bed configurations for these cabins listed below. I apologize and thank you in advance. lol...:D I'm told Harmony and Symphony have same bed configuration.

Cabin #

Many, many thanks...

Nae

With regard to the bed configurations, you an figure that our for yourself using this info

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

We were on the Oasis last month, in a cabin directly across from a service door. (cabin 8172) It was not a problem for us. Yes, we did hear an occasional bump or thump early in the AM but it was nothing to complain about. Note that we never went to bed before midnight and usually were awake by 07:00 and out and about by 8:00. Sometimes the passageway would be a bit tight if there was a cart sitting outside of the service door. But it really didn't bother us.

We were across from a service area once, never again! Room stewards in and out of there until about 2:00 a.m. and starting up again at 5:00 a.m. Noisy, banging, rattling, even singing. Not caring at all that people were trying to sleep. Never again.

Dumb question - how do you know that you are near a service corridor? Is that the empty spots on the deck plans in-between interior rooms? Are they marked on the deck plans?

Thanks!

Not specifically marked on the deck plans, could be one of the empty areas.

Dumb question - how do you know that you are near a service corridor? Is that the empty spots on the deck plans in-between interior rooms? Are they marked on the deck plans?

Thanks!

You will see a square or a blank box on the deck plan, no cabin number listed, that's a service area or corridor where cabin stewards go in and out of. When I'm on vacation, I don't want hear that outside my cabin door.

I have been across from a service area and it was noisy and we had constant carts outside our door. If you have the opportunity to move, I would go for it so you need not worry about this. Have a great cruise.

Thank you so much. I've done some research, and 4 of us have cabins in front of the service area. 2 cabins on Starboard and 2 cabins on Portside. We're all moving as soon as I figure which cabins have the bed near the balcony and away from the service area. I think I understand it now. Thanks again

We were across from a service area. As others have said NEVER EVER AGAIN. It sounded like they were literally throwing the dishes around in there. When they collect all the dishes from room service and dishes brought up to the cabins by the guests it's just crazy. It happened at all hours of the day and night. They were supposed to keep the door closed, but hardly ever did. I would complain and tben tbey would for a while and then forget to. After the third time I recorded the noise. Not sure what they were told, but after that the door was always keep closed.

We were across from a service area. As others have said NEVER EVER AGAIN. It sounded like they were literally throwing the dishes around in there. When they collect all the dishes from room service and dishes brought up to the cabins by the guests it's just crazy. It happened at all hours of the day and night. They were supposed to keep the door closed, but hardly ever did. I would complain and tben tbey would for a while and then forget to. After the third time I recorded the noise. Not sure what they were told, but after that the door was always keep closed.

Thank you, I appreciate your honest response. We were able to move to another area.