Last Sail Before Dry-Dock

Redsky5292

Here is my question, should I be concerned that I am sailing on the Breakaway on the last cruise out of New York before it heads to England for dry dock? Has anyone else sailed on a ship right before it heads to dry dock?

Understanding that the ship WILL be doing some prep work for the dry dock, will ensure you don’t have the “no one told us...” post here on CC. This could include closing the theater and not doing shows.

We sailed immediately after the Epic’s dry doc and had our embarkation date changed several times. We understood EXACTLY what we were booking and adapted as “expected” changes occurred. And we had minor work continue in our cabin during the cruise.

On the Breakaway it is doubtful that you will even notice that a dry dock is coming up. The ship is new, and very few if any changes will be made in the passenger areas. Nothing to worry about on this one.

Understanding that the ship WILL be doing some prep work for the dry dock, will ensure you don’t have the “no one told us...” post here on CC. This could include closing the theater and not doing shows.

We sailed immediately after the Epic’s dry doc and had our embarkation date changed several times. We understood EXACTLY what we were booking and adapted as “expected” changes occurred. And we had minor work continue in our cabin during the cruise.

How and when were you informed about the embarkation date changes?

An NCL lackey, if I ever saw one! Is NCL ever in the wrong for you? smh

We disembarked the Breakaway on Sunday (2 days ago) and there were several issues with our two bedroom Haven suite, which we had not experienced in the past. We still had fun, but it was a hassle and they were never able to resolve an issue with the bedroom door, resulting in a situation that required the bedroom door to be open the whole time. They did fix some other issues, such as, a leaking faucet. I don’t know if we were just unlucky or if the rooms just need a tune-up.

We sailed on RCI Radiance of the Seas just before a dry-dock - we didn't really notice anything much out of the ordinary - there were a few broken chairs, the plumbing was playing up, but apparently that had been happening on that ship for awhile anyway. No shows were cancelled and the food was still top-notch.

Sailed the Disney Magic before a dry dock.

You would have never known if you did not know already.

Excpet

The only thing was on the disembarkation day - there were carpet rolls already loaded on the ship ready to go.

Sailed on the Norwegian Windward two cruises prior to the dry dock back in '97, and I remember that there were definitely things that were broken and not fixed. I was a kid back then and I specifically remember that nearly every video game in the arcade was broken! They did cut the ship in half and add a whole new section during that dry dock so it was more extensive than you're typical drydock I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums