Massages in spa

hi all

I’d like to get my Mom a gift for our next sailing and I’m looking at the (overpriced) spa services. She loves Swedish massages and the supposed sale is offering it at $99. Is this a price that would make me want to reserve it in advance or wait to see if there are better deals onboard?

Thanks!

Ship is Explorer May 14th BC cruise

The specials offered onboard generally correspond with how 'well' the spa is doing on that particular cruise. If the sales are down, they are more aggressive in offering promotions. If they are booked up you won't see as many. The one that always does seem to pop up is the Spatopia. This is usually a mixture of 3 treatments - they will list 5 and you pick the three you want i.e. foot and ankle massage, scalp massage, facial, 30 minute swedish massage, and there is another one I can't think of. This is usually offered on a port day. I've been going to the spa my last 10 cruises and 8 times out of 10 I book online before sailing. I like having the choice of day and time. Sometimes on the larger ships bad times are available last minute. Times that might interrupt a meal or a show/activity you wanted to see/do.

hi all

I’d like to get my Mom a gift for our next sailing and I’m looking at the (overpriced) spa services. She loves Swedish massages and the supposed sale is offering it at $99. Is this a price that would make me want to reserve it in advance or wait to see if there are better deals onboard?

Thanks!

If there is a particular treatment she would want and you want a particular day/time, then you might want to book in advance. In years past I would book in advance but quit that several years back. I determined that I am more pleased with the "sampler" or "variety" package at the "usually" lower price. I don't always get my preferred time but I am usually very pleased with the treatment and "reduced" price. If you book in advance you must pay for it in advance. You must cancel 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged...whether booked in advance or onboad. If there is a treatment she specifically wants and there is a day/time toward the end of the cruise you want, then you can go ahead and book and pay for it. Then when you are on the ship, if you see a treatment she likes as well at a better price, then you can book it and cancel the one booked in advance (as long as it is 24 hours before the scheduled appointment for the one previously booked), You will get a refund for the one booked and then a total new charge on the newly booked one....if you choose to cancel/rebook,

If there is a particular treatment she would want and you want a particular day/time, then you might want to book in advance. In years past I would book in advance but quit that several years back. I determined that I am more pleased with the "sampler" or "variety" package at the "usually" lower price. I don't always get my preferred time but I am usually very pleased with the treatment and "reduced" price. If you book in advance you must pay for it in advance. You must cancel 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged...whether booked in advance or onboad. If there is a treatment she specifically wants and there is a day/time toward the end of the cruise you want, then you can go ahead and book and pay for it. Then when you are on the ship, if you see a treatment she likes as well at a better price, then you can book it and cancel the one booked in advance (as long as it is 24 hours before the scheduled appointment for the one previously booked), You will get a refund for the one booked and then a total new charge on the newly booked one....if you choose to cancel/rebook,

Appreciate the info-it will be tough to cancel and reschedule on this cruise since it’s a short 4 day

If the $99 is for a standard 50 minute massage, that's a great price for a cruise ship, where they are usually at least $130 if I recall correctly. If you can get the time you want, I'd pre-book it, as it can be very hard to find a good time available once you're on board for a short cruise. Just make that price isn't for a shorter (30 min) massage.

Appreciate the info-it will be tough to cancel and reschedule on this cruise since it’s a short 4 day

My aopologies....I did not realize it was a 4 day cruise. In that case, I would defiitely go ahead and book your day and time at that price!

Was just on Oasis 3/18 to 3/25. I did a seaweed detox/massage and DH did Hot Stone Massage. It's very expensive - but our Anniversary, so we splurged. That said, it did seem like there were better specials onboard than on Cruise Planner:

Top to Toe Special $149 Massage, skin brushing, foot/ankle massage/ Neck/shoulder, Hand/Arm

The Perfect Day $149 Massage, Skin brushing, Facial, Foot/ankle massage, Scalp massage

They also did a special with 10% off 1 treatment, 20% off if you did 2 treatments, 30% off three treatments (there were only certain treatments you could pick from)

Mens Power Pack $109 6 services: facial, shave, face massage, mask, head massage, arm massage

hi all

Thanks!

That is a better than average price than I usually see. They may have taken an hour long massage and shortened it to 40 minutes and she can expect and upsell, but its sounds worth it.

Thanks all! I’m going to book it since it seems as if it is a pretty good deal and with a short cruise I’d hate to have everything booked up

Remember they will add 18% to the $99. I can book 2 massages at my local beauty parlor for the cost of 1 on a ship. They have priced me out and that was always my favorite part of my cruise.

Thanks all! I’m going to book it since it seems as if it is a pretty good deal and with a short cruise I’d hate to have everything booked up

Just warn her to be prepared for the upsale. They will put the hard press on her to buy their creams and lotions. This put me off the spa altogether. You are liable to spend more on items than you ever dreamed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums