Got Escape upgrade offer – is going from Balcony to Mini-Suite even worth doing?

GSTgst

I’m sailing on the Escape 6 May and have a (family) balconycabin. Got an offer from NCL to bid onan upgrade. All of the Haven cabins minimumbid prices are way too high for me ($800 - $1,500 pp). However, one category is a Mini-Suite for a minimumbid of $30.

But there doesn’t appear to be too much difference between aBalcony and Mini-Suite, so is it even worth it? The square footages are essentially the same (yes, a couple higherlevels of the Mini-Suites are significantly larger, but most of the levels arethe same square footage as a Balcony). Ditto with the Mini-Suite’s balcony size.

Am I missing something here? Thank you.

I was just in one last week. Balcony was HUGE. Two loungers and two tables and chairs! We had five out there comfortably! Bathroom huge too. We loved and were happy with the mini suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just in one last week. Balcony was HUGE. Two loungers and two tables and chairs! We had five out there comfortably! Bathroom huge too. We loved and were happy with the mini suite.

I've never sailed in mini suite. Which cabin did you have?

Since the minimum bid is $30, I would bid slightly higher. As a previous post said, the difference is the bathroom. We have been booking a mini-suite for that reason. The cabin is the same size as a regular balcony cabin.

Since you're asking I say bid the minimum, not more. If you get it next time you'll know and know if it suits you. If you don't get it you're absolutely fine with the cabin you have booked. No real downside for a $60 expense.

The standard mini-suite balcony is tiny. Barely fits two chairs. What you are describing is a large balcony room.

We pay for mini-suites for the larger shower.

If there are more than 2 of you, be aware that the double sink takes the place of storage shelves. Storage space is at a premium and with more than 2 in a cabin, every inch counts!

I’m sailing on the Escape 6 May and have a (family) balconycabin. Got an offer from NCL to bid onan upgrade. All of the Haven cabins minimumbid prices are way too high for me ($800 - $1,500 pp). However, one category is a Mini-Suite for a minimumbid of $30.

But there doesn’t appear to be too much difference between aBalcony and Mini-Suite, so is it even worth it? The square footages are essentially the same (yes, a couple higherlevels of the Mini-Suites are significantly larger, but most of the levels arethe same square footage as a Balcony). Ditto with the Mini-Suite’s balcony size.

Am I missing something here? Thank you.

-------- We have had each.... I definitely like the mini suite and have gotten it twice recently by bidding.

The balcony seems much bigger, and the room feels "roomier" to us. The bathrooms we had were better in the mini suite, also. Our mini suites have all been on the smaller NCL ships and the Epic, but they felt bigger and more open.

I'm fairly certain that if you win an upsell bid, you lose say in forward,mid,aft. Can you find out where the mini suite is then accept or decline (like if its over a nightclub,or far from where you want to be, for example?) or is it if you "win" you must take?

We did an upsell on Pearl to aft penthouse but I was ok with whatever deck. Sailed Escape but the upsells were done differently and it would have been much higher,so we didnt try...

I have thought about bidding on a mini upgrade but am now I have decided against it. The extra cabin space and bathroom space would be nice but I have an aft balcony cabin and just don't want to lose the large balcony to chance. I am keeping my forward and aft PH bids though.....Chances are slim to none because my bid is low and there are still plenty of aft balcony cabins available for our sailing which is now under 3 weeks.

If it would meaning losing a mid-ship balcony for a mini-suite in the front of the ship, not interested especially sailing from NY to Bermuda!:(:(:( I want to be able to select my cabin location.

MARAPRINCE

I’m curious - what’s the downside of a cabin in the front of the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m curious - what’s the downside of a cabin in the front of the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You would feel more of the motion if the seas are rough which is a real possibility going from NY to Bermuda and much longer walk to things in the back of the ship.

MARAPRINCE

I'm fairly certain that if you win an upsell bid, you lose say in forward,mid,aft. Can you find out where the mini suite is then accept or decline (like if its over a nightclub,or far from where you want to be, for example?) or is it if you "win" you must take?

You must take what you are given.

Mini suite is no different than a balcony but with a tub in some. It really should not have the word suite in it......you will not get your choice and could above noise etc. If you like the location of where you are I personally would not upgrade and take a chance

P.S. we are on the same cruise!!!!