Tamarind: Hits? Misses?

vedettes1

I've got reservations for two nights at Tamarind on Eurodam soon. Any comments on dishes you thought particularly succeeded? Or disappointed?

Last cruise we went there twice. Each time we each had something different, so we could share. I don’t think there is one thing that could remotely be bad. Everything was just over the top delicious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have eaten there a lot and were never disappointed in anything there.

Some of the items we like:

Jewels of the Sea (soup)

Appetizers:

Trail of spices satay sampler

Shrimp tempura Indochina

Crispy vegetable spring rolls

Entrees:

Hoisin-Lime glazed Sea Bass

Beef tenderloin Steak

Vietnamese-style lamb

Deserts:

Mango cloud

Thai Doughnuts

Chocolate filled fortune cookie

Our "Hits": Every meal we've had at Tamarind, and especially the Sushi Sampler appetizer, the Jewels of the Sea soup, and the Szechuan Shrimp with Thai Basil. Although not a big desert eater, my favorite was the Trio of Sorbets.

Our "Misses": None.

I think you have made a good deciusion to book 2 meals at Tamarind - if you like it as much as we have, you'll probably add another one or 2.

Some hits that I remember: Jewels of the Sea soup, Wasabi and Soy Encrusted Tenderloin, Tamarind Chocolate, & Mango Cloud.

Misses include Thai Donuts, Chocolate Fortune Cookie, Shanghai Ribs, & the Shrimp Crackers. Most dipping sauces are simply regular mass produced variety poured from a bottle.

While not necessarily a miss, the Springrolls and Pot Stickers are also of mass produced variety and are simply okay.

Hits for me: Thai chicken and rice soup, Satay Sampler, Shrimp Tempura, Ginger and Garlic Wok seared Lobster, Wasabi Crusted beef Tenderloin, coconut rice pudding

Misses: Indonesian-Style Laksa, Peking duck with Chinese Crepes, Braised Pork Belly, Chocolate Almond Fortune cookie

We have never gone to the Tamarind on any HAL ship. Where is it on the Oosterdam ? Thanks for your help

Unfortunately, Tamarind is only available on the ships larger than the Vista ships like the Oosterdam: Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam and Konigsdam all have Tarmarinds. It is a very large dedicated space midship - has its own elevator bank on the NA. Very lovely.

Can anyone who has ordered the lobster dish at Tamarind tell me is the lobster on or off shell?

If I were ordering a dish like this locally it would be on the shell (which is half the fun!).

It’s not in the shell , it’s on top but still connected.

We went three times when we were on the Eurodam this last February.

Didn’t try the laska but loved Jewels of the sea soup. For apps, we had satay, shrimp tempura, short ribs, duck and soft shell crab. The only one I wouldn’t order again was the crab

Hubby loved the Vietnamese lamb. I had the lobster and the wasabi crusted filet. All yummy

We liked the Thai donuts, mango cloud and Tamarind chocolate. Didn’t care for the fortune cookie desert

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Eurodam last week and they offer a special for the first night - save 25%. We had made reservations in advance so they gave us that first night at a discount and we moved my prepaid reservation to a different night.

It’s not in the shell , it’s on top but still connected.

We went three times when we were on the Eurodam this last February.

Didn’t try the laska but loved Jewels of the sea soup. For apps, we had satay, shrimp tempura, short ribs, duck and soft shell crab. The only one I wouldn’t order again was the crab

Hubby loved the Vietnamese lamb. I had the lobster and the wasabi crusted filet. All yummy

We liked the Thai donuts, mango cloud and Tamarind chocolate. Didn’t care for the fortune cookie desert

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many thanks