New UPDATED Cruise Director (CD) List - starting from April 2018 onwards

It's official.

I am putting the list up "for sale". My 4 year CC anniversary will be this Saturday, and after that, I plan to leave the forum for the foreseeable future, as I feel that I am not capable of restraining my opinions, which could affect my ability to work for Royal, and also because I am simply addicted to the topic of CD's and it is taking up time in my life that I need to spend doing other things. I am very happy to have reached my goal which was to run the CD List. I gave it my best, but I have simply said a bit too much now and it is time to move on.

Thanks to all for helping me out in the past 13 months in running the list. Please comment below if you wish to take it over.

Here is a song which defines my feelings:

Hey, is Dennis a good cruise director. I’ll be on his second sailing back on the anthem. I’ve been on cruises where the cruise director was not too good it kinda brought down the mood.

I'm following this story closely. It would be a very short vacation for Dennis, but I selfishly wouldn't mind him returning already. At the moment he's scheduled to board the day we get off in May. I haven't heard anything negative about Clo, so it's nothing against her, but this sailing is a special sailing for my family and we have a previous special connection to Dennis.

Hey, is Dennis a good cruise director. I’ll be on his second sailing back on the anthem. I’ve been on cruises where the cruise director was not too good it kinda brought down the mood.

The poster who you quoted seemed to like him. I wasn't a fan based on what I saw on YouTube.

Joe12 don't stop doing something you like because off people on here putting you down you have the right to give your opinion about CD who ever doesn't like your opinion they should not visit the thread you keep on doing this thread and don't pay mind to negative comments people here said you keep doing your thread you doing a good job.

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Joe12 don't stop doing something you like because off people on here putting you down you have the right to give your opinion about CD who ever doesn't like your opinion they should not visit the thread you keep on doing this thread and don't pay mind to negative comments people here said you keep doing your thread you doing a good job.

Thanks ncb for your words of support. :)

The prime concern that I have is that I am very opinionated, and if I say too much, it could affect my chances at getting employment on RCI, not to mention the awkwardness if I ended up working under a CD that I have given a negative review of. I don't care much about the opinions of those other posters, but I need to be wary so I don't miss out.

Thanks ncb for your words of support. :)

The prime concern that I have is that I am very opinionated, and if I say too much, it could affect my chances at getting employment on RCI, not to mention the awkwardness if I ended up working under a CD that I have given a negative review of. I don't care much about the opinions of those other posters, but I need to be wary so I don't miss out.

Joe I totally agree with ncb. Don't give up on something you enjoy doing. Yes, you may be opinionated but aren't we all? Some of us are more vocal about our opinions than others. Some of us don't like to hear opinions that they disagree with. You will learn to know when to hold back and that comes with experience. As a 67 year old I had to learn that way too. LOL. Just take a step back and have a little time to rethink and please come back as I for one will miss you and your posts. I look forward to reading this board every morning as I'm sure many of us do. Thank you for your hard work and please try to carry on.

Mary x

Joe I totally agree with ncb. Don't give up on something you enjoy doing. Yes, you may be opinionated but aren't we all? Some of us are more vocal about our opinions than others. Some of us don't like to hear opinions that they disagree with. You will learn to know when to hold back and that comes with experience. As a 67 year old I had to learn that way too. LOL. Just take a step back and have a little time to rethink and please come back as I for one will miss you and your posts. I look forward to reading this board every morning as I'm sure many of us do. Thank you for your hard work and please try to carry on.

Mary x

Thanks!

I'm going to continue, but I will have to reign in my opinions. I do like this thread to be more than a list, as discussion about CD's will give one more insight into what to expect with a certain CD, and because I love to talk about it. I think that my dream cruise being ruined by the appointment of the CD is the reason why I have been more vocal recently, but will tone it down a little. Still want to hear people's feedback of CD's though. More = better. :)

Hi just wondering will it still be Elvis Pinto on the Rhapsody on 9th June?. As on list said for four months from February. Thanks ��

He may be leaving for vacation then, but I have found that on smaller ships, they sometimes stay an extra few weeks beyond the 4 month mark, so could be possible.

Thanks for the Quick reply Joe. Ok thank you. Is he a good CD?. My parents have booked a last minute cruise & wanted me to ask if he was good & obviously if it would be him or not.

Thanks Joe for all you do in keeping up this thread and providing commentary! Don't give in to the critics...tone it down if you want for yourself (and of course keeping in line with the forum rules), but pay no mind to the others. Some of us enjoy reading various thoughts about CDs, including how they handle themselves on the ship and in certain categories, like the game shows, LGBT mixers, etc.

If they don't like it, they should maintain a list themselves or find an alternate source! There's always going to be someone who disagrees. And the point of these forums is to discuss. So keep the discussion going! Thanks again Joe!

Thanks for the Quick reply Joe. Ok thank you. Is he a good CD?. My parents have booked a last minute cruise & wanted me to ask if he was good & obviously if it would be him or not.

Elvis gets a reputation for being fantastic! He was a much loved AM who has been CD for 2 years now.

Thanks Joe for all you do in keeping up this thread and providing commentary! Don't give in to the critics...tone it down if you want for yourself (and of course keeping in line with the forum rules), but pay no mind to the others. Some of us enjoy reading various thoughts about CDs, including how they handle themselves on the ship and in certain categories, like the game shows, LGBT mixers, etc.

If they don't like it, they should maintain a list themselves or find an alternate source! There's always going to be someone who disagrees. And the point of these forums is to discuss. So keep the discussion going! Thanks again Joe!

Thanks! There's always going to be critics. I'm glad to have had some words of support from people so I am going to continue. The only thing that will no longer feature in the thread is criticism of RCCL management, as I'm not sure that generates productive discussion nor will it help my chances at getting a job with Royal.

I agree that the point of the forum is to discuss. I love to talk about CD's and hear other people's opinions about them. Let's continue!

I’m glad you will continue the list. Most aren’t being critics when they offer constructive help, just call it mother hen syndrome, and you made adjustments because of it. It did give you cause to reflect on posts, and I would think that would be helpful to you going forward. We could have not said a word and let you continue on, but I, for one, didn’t and still don’t think it would have been in your best interest to do so. I know several who offered suggestions in a spirit of helpfulness. I know I did. Take care.

Who has had the privilege of sailing with Richard Spacey? I wonder how his schtick goes down at Celebrity. Certainly the best YMCA that I have seen on a ship.

I had he a super star cruise director for me he was number one cruise on RCCL his dancing his morning etc he was the king,now he with celebrity I wish he was still will RCCL

Royal could do with a bit of Spacey again. I'll be interested to see if anyone surprasses his talents.

Who has had the privilege of sailing with Richard Spacey? I wonder how his schtick goes down at Celebrity. Certainly the best YMCA that I have seen on a ship.

We had him on 3 of our 8 cruises. He is the absolute best we've had. Not sure if Celebrity is the right fit for him with the older clientele but he's been there for a while now so it must be working.

We had him on 3 of our 8 cruises. He is the absolute best we've had. Not sure if Celebrity is the right fit for him with the older clientele but he's been there for a while now so it must be working.

When we were on Equinox in MAy last year, he was our CD. We’d also had him on RC. He was good, and in general, the clientele wasn’t older.