New UPDATED Cruise Director (CD) List - starting from April 2018 onwards

Ireland but lives in Southampton. I think she is the only Irish CD.

There is another Scottish female who is a CD, but her name escapes me at the moment.

I do have to say that Graham and Joff are amongst our favorite CDs.

There is another Scottish female who is a CD, but her name escapes me at the moment.

I do have to say that Graham and Joff are amongst our favorite CDs.

That would be Susan Adams. Not heard much about her, although she is from a town about 10 miles away from where I live. She's been CD for nearly 2 years, and she doesn't seem to have got one of the big ships yet. I wonder why that is.

That would be Susan Adams. Not heard much about her, although she is from a town about 10 miles away from where I live. She's been CD for nearly 2 years, and she doesn't seem to have got one of the big ships yet. I wonder why that is.

Could say why she has not been assigned yet, but I remember her from 6-8 years ago on Monarch when she was sort of a co-AM with her husband when her name was McColl.

Could say why she has not been assigned yet, but I remember her from 6-8 years ago on Monarch when she was sort of a co-AM with her husband when her name was McColl.

Maybe she likes the smaller ships, but I think that they ought to give all new CD's a try at a Voyager or Freedom Class ship after paying their dues on a smaller one.

I actually think that when one is promoted to CD, they should go on every class of ship in the fleet (Vision, Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, Quantum, Oasis Class) and in 4 different regions (e.g. Florida, New Jersey, Mediterranean, Australia) before getting a permanent assignment.

Edited by Joe12

Bob, Susan was the CD on the Jewel TA last fall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do anyone know if the CD’s have 70’s night on Anthem and how is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

70's Night is tired, out-dated and unfunny...no matter what ship you're on.

Oh...the Cruise Director and his/her staff are dressed up as The Village People. Ha. Ha.

Oh...the Cruise Director and his/her staff are dressed up as The Village People. Ha. Ha.

I love the 70's night and especially when "The Village People" come out. That should be everyone's favorite part, admit it.

As for Anthem, I'm not sure if they have it on that ship. It's a different format to the others.

The cruise director makes or breaks this. He/she can turn it into a rocking fun time, or script himself/herself into a dull and tired mockery of a show

The cruise director makes or breaks this. He/she can turn it into a rocking fun time, or script himself/herself into a dull and tired mockery of a show

I completely agree. I watch them often on YouTube. Joff Eaton & Tim Connor do a fantastic, high-energy 70's night, whereas Dennis Charles & Bill Brunkhorst's version is completely void of energy and both just talk over the music the whole time.

Hello just wondering if there’s any update on who the CD will be on the Navigator in July? Thanks ��

My guess would be Rob McNally, but not got any concrete information yet.

I heard of a positive review of the AM on Radiance, so went to that thread and found a less than positive review of the CD:

The CD Ken Jones I have no liking for at all. He's a smart-arse and was quite rude to me at one point. He never looks as neat and tidy as most CD's do.

Ouch.

I heard of a positive review of the AM on Radiance, so went to that thread and found a less than positive review of the CD:

The CD Ken Jones I have no liking for at all. He's a smart-arse and was quite rude to me at one point. He never looks as neat and tidy as most CD's do.

Ouch.

I had also seen that post. I wrote back to her to make sure she includes that comment - about him being rude - on her post cruise survey.

I totally agree Joe12. I have been on a couple cruise ships of RC where as they had the 70’s party And it was fantastic! The cruise director for those shows was Jimmy Rhodes. I even saw some people dressed in their 70s outfit. My husband and I always travel with our blinkin rings, bracelets and necklaces. They were always fantastic so you’re right, the cruise director sets the tone. Joe did you notice if they have the white neon party?

I totally agree Joe12. I have been on a couple cruise ships of RC where as they had the 70’s party And it was fantastic! The cruise director for those shows was Jimmy Rhodes. I even saw some people dressed in their 70s outfit. My husband and I always travel with our blinkin rings, bracelets and necklaces. They were always fantastic so you’re right, the cruise director sets the tone. Joe did you notice if they have the white neon party?

Never heard of a white neon party.

Jimmy Rhodes is a good CD and I could see him doing a great 70's night. I missed it when I had him on Oasis. I wish that they had 70's night on Symphony. Not quite sure what to make of an 80's night. I'm young so the 90's night on Harmony was cool.

Someone mention the white neon theme to me on a cruise they went on with RC. I know they have it on Norwegian Cruise line because they attended and it was super fun. I may be a little older than you turning 60 this year, but I still enjoy the parties. Yes you’re right, Jimmy Rhodes was great with the 70 party.

Following on from my discussion yesterday about English CD's, I say that Grant Martin needs to be promoted to CD ASAP. Of the two Scottish CD's we have at the moment, one is on Majesty (one of the very oldest ships) and the other is Bobby Brown. I wish that there was a really dynamic CD coming from here.

Following on from my discussion yesterday about English CD's, I say that Grant Martin needs to be promoted to CD ASAP. Of the two Scottish CD's we have at the moment, one is on Majesty (one of the very oldest ships) and the other is Bobby Brown. I wish that there was a really dynamic CD coming from here.

Cuddy is Scottish too!

Rob McNally will be joining Navigator shortly from one of the ports on the TA. Simona leaves on the 6th May.

Cheers!

Joan

Exactly what I predicted! Couldn't see Simona being CD for the UK season and Rob was due back from his break.

Thanks for the info.