Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Producers do not influence outcomes. They do influence how you feel about outcomes.

When the disclaimer says the producers influence what you see, it means just that. These shows (and I'm only talking about the contest driven ones here) maintain their integrity in outcomes. However, they can manipulate the footage any way they want.

Remember, the original episodes were all shot long before we knew who the final four were. And the producers probably didn't move into final editing until the final four were chosen. That way they could select footage that would craft personalities for the different players and make for good drama.

DH and I have always been in awe of the production behind these shows. Project Runway is fairly easy as everyone is herded together almost all the time -- fewer cameras and less footage to troll through. But think about shows like Amazing Race and Survivor! When we watch these shows, we try to determine who is leaving next simply by seeing who gets screen time and what the screen time is like. It's like a game within a game.

The judges vote the way they want. The producers edit to get the show they want. And everyone is happy;)

Curt,

You did such a good job of getting the pix of the runway shows for the Project Runway final four. And then Malan.

Is there any chance you could find what Jay and Chloe showed for Spring 2007? Wasn't this the big show for both? Or am I confused? I've been trying to google them up but have not had luck.

Do you have any links? I bet everyone would like to see these shows.

Also, nice new pic of you. Doesn't look so wild however;)

(And wrp96 keep checking on "my thread")...

Here is the deal...

Jeffrey WON two challenges in a row based on his hand sewing skills...

#1 He won the "design your own outfit for you jet-setting", and the reason that he won that (just slightly) over Michael that week, is that the sewing and construction was "immaculate" in person...

#2 He won the "Haute Coture" challenge right after that...

Haute Coture means "High Sewing", so it was supremely based on how well they hand sewed, and again, in person, Jeffrey's outfit was above and beyond anyone else's in the hand sewing and construction capacity.

This is all a "manipulation" by Project Runway producers, and editors to give you a "cliff-hanger" for next week...

He already showed (and showed well) at Olympus Fashion Week...

If there was an "actual" problem that the producers found, he would not have shown.

It's all a bunch of "false/editing" to give more dramatics...

Just sayin'

CJW;)

Word. And don't forget those impossible to sew and tailor fabulous pants he had to make from Keith's design on the episode where Keith was kicked off.

We shall see! I have to admit that Jeffrey has grown on me. Were it not for the unfortunate "mother" incident, I think hed be much better liked!

That was complete manipulation by the producers. As I stated earlier, Angela's mother didn't bother to tell Jeffrey she didn't like his design until is was too late to do anything about it. In my opinion, she was at fault.

He was pissed about her lack of consideration.

Hoping (and pretty much believing) that the Jeffrey story is pure manipulation and despite not having liked Jeffrey that much during the rest of the show I have to say this. A few weeks ago when Curt posted the pictures from fashion week, I did not like the pictures of Jeffrey's collection and couldn't understand why everyone (the press, etc) was raving. However, when they showed the close up of the detail work on his outfits on this week's episode, I've got to say that was pretty amazing. So I'm actually going to think Jeffrey will win.

Do I like Jeffrey, no and probably wouldn't even without the manipulation by the producers. That being said he can design clothes. And the rest of the designers really did pull out a one note collection to me.

I think what we saw was relief that he'd been cleared.

Oh and the reason he won the haute couture challenge was not because of his sewing skills, but his design skills. While I didn't like the plaid fabric, he took a risk and did something unique, which the other designers didn't do.

That was complete manipulation by the producers. As I stated earlier, Angela's mother didn't bother to tell Jeffrey she didn't like his design until is was too late to do anything about it. In my opinion, she was at fault.

He was pissed about her lack of consideration.

Hi BlueHerons:)

Have a question and I don't mean this to sound sarcastic...but

even if she told him that do you think he would have changed?

Personally, I don't.

I agree it was a set up.....I don't think he cared if he hurt her

feelings in the least.

I guess 2 wrongs never make a right......you felt like she was inconsiderate

and I felt like he was ruder than all get out.

Hi BlueHerons:)

Have a question and I don't mean this to sound sarcastic...but

even if she told him that do you think he would have changed?

Personally, I don't.

I agree it was a set up.....I don't think he cared if he hurt her

feelings in the least.

I guess 2 wrongs never make a right......you felt like she was inconsiderate

and I felt like he was ruder than all get out.

Hi Lois, no you aren't sarcastic.

Yes, I do believe if Angela's mother would have told him when he would have had time to change the design, he would have. Not for any altruistic reasons but because he wanted her to like the design because he thought the judges would ask. If she would have loved the design, it would make him look better.

I honestly don't think he realized he came across so harshly. As I said in an earlier post, I think filming the entire season in 32 days made everyone really grumpy and frayed their nerves plus you can imagine the lack of sleep.

Knowing this, if you get a chance to re-watch that episode, I think it makes it much easier to see his side.

Also, in the reunion show, he was convincing to me that Angela's mother was the inconsiderate one for waiting so late in the game to voice an opinion. Laura, also came to his defense.

On The View last week, Tim said that Jeffry's and Laura's Moms had hit it off and kept in touch and that somehow their communications influenced Laura's claim about Jeffry having sewing help. Tim was rather vague but it sort of sounded like his Mom might have said he was way behind.

I'm more surprised that the person totally finished, etc. isn't Laura. She was always so organized during the competition.

Was her loft not fantastic? Wow!

I love what she is wearing as a pregnant person. She looks totally in style yet comfortable.

I honestly don't think he realized he came across so harshly. As I said in an earlier post, I think filming the entire season in 32 days made everyone really grumpy and frayed their nerves plus you can imagine the lack of sleep.

I definitely agree with this. If you noticed in this weeks episode, that instead of flying off the handle Jeffrey held it in, which he did not do during the regular episodes. I think seeing himself on TV made him remember to think about what he was saying before he said it (which a lot of us could handle with doing). He was much calmer and more respectful (at least in the editing) in this week's episode.

WOW! I love Project Runway!!

Jeffrey's "picnic tablecloth from Dogpatch, USA gown" was horrid!! Cut so high up the front crotch that I only hope the model had on fancy knickers.

He should have been kicked off with that so called dress he made for Angela's mother. As a larger woman myself I found his attitude insulting and that rag would have not flattered even the size 0 models. Make all your clients cry and feel terrible about themselves...that is a great way to build a business.

And what was with the shiny studded crotch??? Just what does he have that he thinks is so great that all attention should be directed to it??? What is next a return to the cod-piece :eek:

He did show a collection at Fashion Week so he most likely was not disqualified.

Laura and Uli.....yawn!! Same old thing over and over.

Michael... needs more experience, expecially with formal wear

So, it's 1:00 Am, LA time, and I'm still working, but trying to check the boards...

I'm really going with BlueHerons' perspective here...:D

I've got insider scoop if anyone wants me to spill...;)

I'm just saying that it's all about the editing, and Angela and her "mom" are not really all that "nice"....:eek:

Just sayin...

CJW

I guess this is one of those topics we will all have

to "agree to disagree on".....some of us like so and so...others don't

like such and such and I suppose there is no "right or wrong" answer:eek: .

As none of us "personally know" any of the designers or their

Moms or their families for that matter it is just speculation

anyway.:confused:

Curt, if you are going to post something about the final

episode please let us know before hand.

I will take a break from this thread then...because I want

to watch next neek without knowing anything ahead of time.

I can't speak for anyone else...but I prefer to

not know what is going to happen.

Thank you.

Cruisemom42, what's the inside street buzz in ATL on Michael?

Well, I can't really say that I'm down with the peeps on the street. :D Up until this week there has not been much coverage of Michael locally -- presumably because there are certain stipulations as to when he can give interviews and what he can say. He did receive some Fashion award here in Atlanta last night, and was his usual humble, nice self, talking about how he was glad to be on Project Runway and to help put Atlanta on the map, fashionwise. He also said in the magazine interview that he plans to stay and design here in Atlanta, whatever happens on P.R. (We shall see...)

Atlanta has a huge hip-hop scene, and Michael is definitely in with that crowd and has designed outfits for a lot of local artists and some that have become quite well known (such as Sierra). Other than that, I'm afraid I don't have much info....

Cynthia...

You just put Michael's final collection (as posted by dear Curt) in perspective for me. It's entirely hip hop clothing. Mainly stage wear. He knows where he wants to go and used that stage to strengthen his position. No naive kid there.

He did what he had to do to get to the finals (showing he is versatile)and then put together the sexiest collection possible. I thought it was a big mistake. Now I get it. Smart man!

So, it's 1:00 Am, LA time, and I'm still working, but trying to check the boards...

I'm really going with BlueHerons' perspective here...:D

I've got insider scoop if anyone wants me to spill...;)

I'm just saying that it's all about the editing, and Angela and her "mom" are not really all that "nice"....:eek:

Just sayin...

CJW

Spill baby spill!

Just put a spoiler heading on it for those who don't want to know!

Thanks Curt!

Producers do not influence outcomes. They do influence how you feel about outcomes.

When the disclaimer says the producers influence what you see, it means just that. These shows (and I'm only talking about the contest driven ones here) maintain their integrity in outcomes. However, they can manipulate the footage any way they want.

Remember, the original episodes were all shot long before we knew who the final four were. And the producers probably didn't move into final editing until the final four were chosen. That way they could select footage that would craft personalities for the different players and make for good drama.

DH and I have always been in awe of the production behind these shows. Project Runway is fairly easy as everyone is herded together almost all the time -- fewer cameras and less footage to troll through. But think about shows like Amazing Race and Survivor! When we watch these shows, we try to determine who is leaving next simply by seeing who gets screen time and what the screen time is like. It's like a game within a game.

The judges vote the way they want. The producers edit to get the show they want. And everyone is happy;)

Word!

(Internet lingo for I totally completely agree)...

So perfectly explained...

CJW

IAs none of us "personally know" any of the designers or their Moms or their families for that matter it is just speculation anyway.;)

Curt, if you are going to post something about the final episode please let us know before hand. I will take a break from this thread then...because I want to watch next neek without knowing anything ahead of time. I can't speak for anyone else...but I prefer to not know what is going to happen.

Thank you.

Oh no Lois (hopefully you'll check this) I would never "spoil" anything!

I hate when people do that!;)

I'm just spilling on what the actual occurance was backstage during the "mom" challenge...

And that is...

In the next post...

So don't read that, if you don't want the backstage gossip/reality.;)

CJW