Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Ugh, there is something about Vincent that makes me want to smack him and not in a good way.

I'm not sure why Angela is there? Anyone? Her dog/human outfit... hide-ola.

Jeffrey.... Someone needs to take him down a peg. He is too full of himself.

When does that horrible Vera Wang leave? I used to love her, now I just am tired of the whole bridal drama thing. Someone posted here on the boards that their friend had her appointment cancelled at one of her shops. I got over her that moment.

Vera - out, Michael in, next week if the previews for the next show are correct.

Jeffrey? Which one is he? Is he the Hollywood rocker dude? Take a bath, please!

Yep, Jeffrey is the one with the tasty neck tattoo. I am all for tattoos, I have two, but on your neck? In the front?

Yep, Jeffrey is the one with the tasty neck tattoo. I am all for tattoos, I have two, but on your neck? In the front?

My sister and I are both tattoo girls (I only have 1, but she is 18 and already has 2, one of which is on the back of her neck, the other is the start of a huge, gorgeous backpiece, she can do it, she's an artist, I can't, I plan to be in the business world and need to maintain an outward moderately conservative appearance :p ), and we both HATE his tattoo. It looks really stupid, I'm still trying to figure out all of what it says, plus it makes his neck look about an inch long.

Curt, the way you wrote in one of your above posts, it sounds like you are directly connected to the "project runway show"?

this isn't a flame, just an honest, statement question:confused:

Hi Mrs Moose, I haven't post much on here at all in the last few

months but I do try to read and lurk.

Wanted to welcome Curt and say its nice to have a guy

so involved.

I know many people don't like to say what they do on here...example,

I work for a paperwholesaler and we dress very casually(thankfully)

it is about 96 outside today.

oops....I digress...Curt are you part of the "Runway behind the scenes"?

Mrs Moose, his comments did sound as if he is "In The Know"

and it didn't sound like a flame to me.

I have never been a person who ever enjoyed "Reality TV" but

there are 3 I really enjoy....Extreme Makeover --Home Edition,

Runway and my favorite is Queer Eye.

I love those guys:D and Curt I am straight too;) not a fashion

maven as you and Jane are...(that is a compliment by the way)

but I have been on these boards for a few years and enjoy

most of the interaction!

You're right Lois. Lots of people keep their professions quiet. Did I mention that one of my cruise mates from the last cruise worked for the CIA (retired)? She was interesting, but rather mysterious. She could not answer a lot of questions. They must pay okay, cause her wardrobe was a dream!

Could I love Tim Gunn any more than I do? He makes the entire show. Without Tim, this show would be nothing more than Big Brother IV at Parson's School of Design.

Someone please remove Angela from this show. I cannot deal with her insane delusions.

She reminds me of that stupid little whiney girl/lawyer that was in season one.

I have recently gotten into this show, a friend turned me on when they did the dog outfits. Some of those were nice, but I think it was Angela who did the outfit for the French children's teacher? The story in my head was this woman is going to Clown school.

But at least that outfit was better than the lady that lost, that outfit looked like early 70's Disney Uniform for the Monorail.

This weeks clothes I was not as impressed with, although I was OMG with the Cowl neck. Also the dress where I think I heard Stewardess, I was thinking Denny's waitress. I would keep that thing covered with a jacket also.

The show does give me ideas on cruise clothes. Since, and I make no excuses, I am a farmer. Only on a cruise can I wear nice things. I live to plan the clothes. Probably the only week or two a year I can dress feminine.

I have recently gotten into this show, a friend turned me on when they did the dog outfits. Some of those were nice, but I think it was Angela who did the outfit for the French children's teacher? The story in my head was this woman is going to Clown school.

But at least that outfit was better than the lady that lost, that outfit looked like early 70's Disney Uniform for the Monorail.

This weeks clothes I was not as impressed with, although I was OMG with the Cowl neck. Also the dress where I think I heard Stewardess, I was thinking Denny's waitress. I would keep that thing covered with a jacket also.

The show does give me ideas on cruise clothes. Since, and I make no excuses, I am a farmer. Only on a cruise can I wear nice things. I live to plan the clothes. Probably the only week or two a year I can dress feminine.

Angela is probably being kept by the production team for show angst. Her pooferella theme makes me want to shield my eyes 'lest I mistake the model for a clown. Even though this week's outfit was good her last few weeks were consistently low and the auf'd contenders should have been given a chance instead of her. At least, that's my opinion for actual merit.

Vincent is the Santino of this season. Sometimes hit or miss, but good for ego rants. (BTW, I am not a Santino fan. His fashions, occasionally, but not him)

Vera Wang- ah, I'm also a Wang and gotta support the woman. She does have Issues, though, and perhaps taking on a stint for Project Runway wasn't the best stress to add to a heavy load. I mean, come on, if those are the dresses you make for Vera Wang aka Queen of the elegant dress, and she doesn't give commentary juicier than Nina's snarky retorts, what is she doing there? She could really comment on the dresses constructively or rip them new ones but she did neither (that weren't edited out). Maybe that time spent judging could have been invested elsewhere.

Has anyone else noticed that some designers actually spend effort dressing themselves and others are just... "Why are you in fashion if you dress yourself that way?"

This season does include some promising designers. They have such great fashion sense and execution that I'd love to buy their stuff right now.

At least Kathy (I think that's her name) dresses well, but the bones, the bones. Someone needs to feed her a sandwich. How does she do it at her age? I'm 42 as well and I can't look at a piece of lettuce without gaining weight. Losing is torture, even with the exercise.

Wanted to welcome Curt and say its nice to have a guy

so involved. I know many people don't like to say what they do on here...example, I work for a paperwholesaler and we dress very casually(thankfully) it is about 96 outside today. oops....I digress...Curt are you part of the "Runway behind the scenes"? Mrs Moose, his comments did sound as if he is "In The Know" and it didn't sound like a flame to me.

Thanks Lois R, quick answer to you and MrsMoose2001...

I have a lot of friends who are hair, makeup, camera people, etc.

The makeup and hair people especially, know and see all.

So, I hear a lot of the backstage scoops on various different productions.;) I'm only ever going to say anything in general (and rarely) if it's positive, such as that everybody loved Nick, and said that he was the nicest sweetest guy.

Carry on.

CJW

I love this show! I didn't watch season 1....watched #2 and was glad #3 is back on. I was a little disappointed this past Wednesday because they made it seem like that show was going to be really juicy....first person to be kicked off PR!!! and there was really no drama at all....I cracked up when Keith said something about not being able to show his face....uummm he brought it on himself.

Angela-She's gotta go....the granny circles??? although I liked the outfit (except for the GRANNY circles on the back of the collar) she should thank Laura & Michael...they saved the day.

Allison-Can't figure out her accent?? She's a little too modern for me. Didn't like the tank they made with the arm holes hanging??

Jeffrey-I'm not sure if he's on the right show...liked the pants he made....can't figure out what his tattoo says.

Michael-I thought his coffee filter dress was very interesting and creative. He seems like his heart is in it.

Laura-She needs to eat....she needs to change the designs up a bit....she does sew classic,clean looking clothing.

Bradley-He does seem lost and I wasn't a fan of his outfit with the dog.....the brown pants were terrible....he lacks confidence

Uli-It does look like she makes the same dress....I like her though.

Bonnie-I don't know what she was thinking with the cowl neck.

Kayne-Is a hoot. Actually liked the pageant dress

Robert-Has potential...needs to remember he's not dressing Barbie now...his last design idea wasn't the greatest....jacket had a nautical feel and the rest....stewardess.

Vincent-Reminds me of Santino with his wacky ideas....more reserved than Santino.

I think I remembered all of them......LOVE Tim Gunn! Miss Santino's impressions of him they were hilarious. My brother and I work together and he watches also. I tell him through out the day "carry on" or "make it work" or my favorite...."where's Andre'???" LOL

CJW-Thanks for resurrecting this thread!

My daughter got me hooked on this show. I didn't watch season one, except for the Sunday before season three started, they played the whole season all afternoon on Bravo. BTW, not to worry if you missed an episode, this show is re-run so many times during the week!

My early fav to win is Allison and I really like Lauras style, I think because I like classic lines. I can see either of them in the top three because they are both professional and have vision that will desing clothing that sells, not just fantasy.

The tatooed guy, I think it's Jeffrey :confused: , I think I expected a little more edginess to his stuff, it's a lot plainer than I expected out of him.

Angela, I have no idea how she made it to the final 15 and how she has stayed as long as she has. Her garment (s) won last week only because of Michael and Laura. I think attitude plays a huge part in the show, the producers have edited her down to be obnoxious, probably more so than she is in real life. My daughter loved the whole outfit, I thought the jacket was too short, I would have liked it better if it was about 2 inches longer, it looked more like a shrug and I've never been fond of those.

It's fun to watch it all play out, although I'm sure the taping has been finalized months ago. You do wonder how they keep it all under wraps for so long. I don't watch any other reality show except American Idol, for me, the talent people show is far more entertaining than the shows where they have a minor competition and mostly just bicker and whine.

I'd actually love to see more of the creative, hands on sewing, draping, pattern making, drawing and shopping for fabrics on the show. I'm a former sewer (gave it up a few years back) and the mechanics of it all are still interesting to me.

Lois R, it's funny that you mention working for a paper wholesaler - because I worked for one for 4 years. Casual is right.

Angela, I remember in the episode where they were picking the cast in her video she kept talking about how people mistake her clothes for an "Eve St. Laurent" (I'm probably butchering that), and my whole thought the first couple of shows seeing her clothes was, that ain't no Eve St. Laurent. At least this week's outfit had class, and again some of that was to Michael and Laura. Big kudos to both of them for knowing how to work as a team. Unless Angela can up her class level on her own though, I think she should be among the next to go.

Yes, Ule's dresses look the same, but as I said at least she works with patterns. As to the lack of support, would a real woman be able to wear most of these dresses coming off PR?

I do wish Laura would vary her look a little as well. Her outfits all are classy and well made.

Jeffrey, I'm sort of ambivalent about. One minute he goes really wacky, like with his dress the first week that almost got him kicked off, and then the next its boring. And I just want to introduce him to colors.

And Keith. I was glad to see him go. He was arrogant and annoying, so much more than Santino ever was. I didn't like Santino, because he didn't know when he went to far. Keith just seemed mean to me. Plus I felt like he was getting too much credit for his dresses. Yes, his red dress was gorgeous - but he didn't meet the challenge, and then tried to lie about it when asked where his outfit for the dog was.

Robert and Kayne make me laugh. I was liking both of them so well, and then this weeks outfit was BORING! And that slit up the back. ARRGGH!! The jacket reminded me of the parkas we used to wear in the winter in Alaska - as kids.

I also love this show and have watched all three seasons. I think the interaction between the designers is as fun as the fashions that they design.

I am also glad I found this thread...just as fun as the show!!

Amy in San Diego

She doesn't eat so that she and her 5 kids can all fit in one car, since she doesn't like minivans.

As the mother of four... HOW THE HECK DOES SHE TRANSPORT THEM ALL? and I'm in sweats and a religious (read holey) t-shirt most days. I can dress up, I'm not a dork, but everyday? Oh that's right...she doesn't have a dog. It's the dogs fault.

As the mother of four... HOW THE HECK DOES SHE TRANSPORT THEM ALL? and I'm in sweats and a religious (read holey) t-shirt most days. I can dress up, I'm not a dork, but everyday? Oh that's right...she doesn't have a dog. It's the dogs fault.

While I really do like her clothes, I have A LOT more respect for you than for her.

While I really do like her clothes, I have A LOT more respect for you than for her.

I have to say, what she did with that bath mat was pure genius!!!! I've never wanted to wear a bath mat before. She also seems to design for someone like me.

That said, NO ONE has five kids and dresses so well! :p

Heads up!

New Episode tonight!

CJW

That's what Tivo is for dear :) It remembers for me!

I am suppose to be studying for my final tomorrow...but I just had to watch!

I won't spoil it for anyone but...

The ONE I was hoping to win did! Yay!

Mike: Fabulous! Not my taste...but he really hit his icon! And he has skills...the boy can sew! He seems so down to earth and really thinks about his designs and WHO he is designing for. Love that!

Laura: I think she did a great job for her icon, well made (I'd wear it!), but no WOW. I do wish she would eat. Maybe I should make her some milk and cookies.

Angela: Surprised, certainly. Not my taste...and I was hoping for something more. What? I don't know!

Vincent: Good bye already!

Bradley: Spin his model really fast and you'd have a disco ball. Poor guy. He's like a lost puppy.

Uli: LOVED the dress! Even DH was wowed. Loved the color, the cut, the design.

Kayne: This was so HIS thing. That dress rocked and I really want it. Formal night on a cruise...and I want the mink stole too. Fab-U-Lous!

His model was TOO much! I'd have to muzzle her. Chill on the Fourbucks coffee babe. Think Decaff!

Robert: Oh I do like Robert...but way off base. Too safe. Needs to crank it up or he'll be auf'd...and that would be sad.

Jeffrey: Too predictable. I was hoping he'd throw some razz-pizzazz in there. He had the perfect icon for his taste!

Allison: No wow...but it was ok. In fact...I don't really remember it :(

I miss Malan. He would have been fun.

Ok...back to the books!

Where's Andre?!? :eek:

~e