Havana Bar Sodas...

nyroadrunner

What do you mean by "special sodas"?? We were on the Vista several months ago and stayed in a Havana cabin and obviously frequented the Havana bar ....don't recall seeing anything special

Are the special sodas in the Havana Bar on the Horizon/Vista included in the Bottomless Bubbles package? Thanks

What do you mean by "special sodas"?? We were on the Vista several months ago and stayed in a Havana cabin and obviously frequented the Havana bar ....don't recall seeing anything special
Here is a link to the menu from the Havana bar on the Sunshine from last year.http://www.zydecocruiser.org/CarnivalSunshineMay17/HavanaBarMenupdf.pdf

I had inquired to verify that the fresh squeezed OJ was included in Cheers and it was confirmed via email that it is included. So obviously the sodas would be included as well, but not too sure about bottomless bubbles.

Scroll down to the very end of the menu. It lists the sodas.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/onboard/bars/menus/havana-bar-menu.pdf

They have special cans of soda there from other countries. I had the Cheers package and the bartender at the time said it wasn't included. I had to go to customer service (package said all drinks were included) and they fixed the issue (making sure bartender knew it was). I think they said changes had been made recently (this was a year or two ago) and before it wasn't. I don't know if the same applies to the bubbles package.

Main reason I got the cheers package even tho I'm not a heavy drink is the ability to try ALL the drinks on the Sunshine. They had the biggest selection of bars available :)

Here is a link to the menu from the Havana bar on the Sunshine from last year.http://www.zydecocruiser.org/CarnivalSunshineMay17/HavanaBarMenupdf.pdf

I had inquired to verify that the fresh squeezed OJ was included in Cheers and it was confirmed via email that it is included. So obviously the sodas would be included as well, but not too sure about bottomless bubbles.

I’m onboard Horizon now, the Beverage managers says that squeezed OJ isn’t included in Cheers.

I have Cheers & was charged for fresh OJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m onboard Horizon now, the Beverage managers says that squeezed OJ isn’t included in Cheers.

As I mentioned in the other thread...very frustrating that the terms and conditions of the Cheers program now has the fresh squeezed OJ from Havana listed as not included. This was just changed for the inaugural of the Horizon. Those T & C's were different in the past so you could have had it on the Vista and Sunshine. The email I got from Carnival was from April of 2017, so obviously the new exclusion will supercede it and I won't be enjoying fresh squeezed OJ on my two Horizon bookings this year and next. Guess I'll have to wait until our Edge sailing in 2020.

How do you like the ship? Is this the first sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are you talking about?? We were on Vista in November and stayed in Havana....Coffee and OJ were available on the Havana Bar (self serve) each morning?! Worst case...walk out to the taste bar area in Ocean Plaza and help yourself to a glass of OJ at breakfast which they serve in this area

What are you talking about?? We were on Vista in November and stayed in Havana....Coffee and OJ were available on the Havana Bar (self serve) each morning?! Worst case...walk out to the taste bar area in Ocean Plaza and help yourself to a glass of OJ at breakfast which they serve in this area
The OJ that was available as self serve is the reconstituted crap. The Havana bar is the only place on the Sunshine, Vista and Horizon to have fresh squeezed OJ available for an upcharge. I had emailed Carnival last year after making my Aug 2018 reservation on the Havana to verify whether the fresh squeezed stuff was part of Cheers. I got a response that it was. It has been reported that starting with the Horizon inaugural, it is no longer included and is listed with the other exclusions such as floaters, beer tubes, etc.

The OJ that was available as self serve is the reconstituted crap. The Havana bar is the only place on the Sunshine, Vista and Horizon to have fresh squeezed OJ available for an upcharge. I had emailed Carnival last year after making my Aug 2018 reservation on the Havana to verify whether the fresh squeezed stuff was part of Cheers. I got a response that it was. It has been reported that starting with the Horizon inaugural, it is no longer included and is listed with the other exclusions such as floaters, beer tubes, etc.

That "so called crap"" tasted pretty good to me...LOL I don't have time waiting on a bartender or server to freshly squeeze oranges in a machine.... I can see why they will charge if this is the case! More of an effort than making a drink

That "so called crap"" tasted pretty good to me...LOL I don't have time waiting on a bartender or server to freshly squeeze oranges in a machine.... I can see why they will charge if this is the case! More of an effort than making a drink
You obviously have not had the fresh squeezed OJ on Royal or the fresh squeezed OJ or grapefruit juice on Celebrity that are both included as part of their drinks package. At Cafe al Bacio on Celebrity, they have it in pitchers and it's poured for me as my morning espresso is being made. No effort for the barista at all.

So... could you have them add some vodka then it would fall under the category of an alcoholic beverages and under the Cheers program?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Forums mobile app

No, because from my experience on Carnival, the mixologists at the Alchemy Bar were the only people that could go "off menu" and create something for you. All of the other bars had bartenders that just made the drinks that was on the list for their bar. Would love to get a screwdriver at the Havana Bar with the fresh squeezed OJ, but don't think it's gonna happen.

• 5 years later...