What has changed since 2015?

telli01

This is a good thread for me. It's been awhile since we cruised on Carnival and this is what I have figured out so far that might be different. Please correct if wrong.

1. You now have a Check in time for boarding. Does any one know what the earliest time is because I was just assigned a time, grant it I just booked and we leave in 2 weeks.

2. No tablecloths in MDR.

3. You can no longer bring on water or soft drinks??? Please tell me this isn't correct but you can bring on a bottle of wine.

This was all I have come across. I cant remember about room service but I think that it had just changed. Can you sill order coffee, juice, danish type stuff for free or is their a charge?

This is a good thread for me. It's been awhile since we cruised on Carnival and this is what I have figured out so far that might be different. Please correct if wrong.

1. You now have a Check in time for boarding. Does any one know what the earliest time is because I was just assigned a time, grant it I just booked and we leave in 2 weeks.

2. No tablecloths in MDR.

3. You can no longer bring on water or soft drinks??? Please tell me this isn't correct but you can bring on a bottle of wine.

This was all I have come across. I cant remember about room service but I think that it had just changed. Can you sill order coffee, juice, danish type stuff for free or is their a charge?

Each person is allowed 12 12oz sodas to bring on board and you can buy more at ports. You're allowed to take sodas, they just have to be in cans.

It had been a while since tablecloths were the center of attention around here. Now this thread gets 'em all riled up again. We just started cruising a couple years ago so I've been trying to think of something that they might get rid of in the future that could cause as much fuss as tablecloths and pillow chocolates for newer cruisers like us. I can't think of anything right now. Maybe some of my fellow newer cruisers have some thoughts.

It depends on the port. Two years ago out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale), we had a 10:30 check-in. We had 11:00 earlier this month out of Miami. 10:00-11:00 is typically the earliest, as far as I know, and each check-in time is a half hour window.

> No more breakfast/lunch/dinner on sea days -- just Sea Day Brunch and dinner.

Can anyone else confirm that?? I haven't heard about that & that's a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger deal than no tablecloths. People are throwing fits over some cloth scrap over their table, but not one peep about an entire meal disappearing?

> No more breakfast/lunch/dinner on sea days -- just Sea Day Brunch and dinner.

Can anyone else confirm that?? I haven't heard about that & that's a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger deal than no tablecloths. People are throwing fits over some cloth scrap over their table, but not one peep about an entire meal disappearing?

That's just in reference to the MDR. On sea days, one MDR serves brunch from 8:30-1:00. Then both MDR's are open for dinner, as usual. You still have the option to eat lunch at the Lido buffet or from one of the other eateries, like Guy's, 'Ol Fashioned BBQ, etc. Which ones that are available depends on the ship, obviously.

From a new cruiser’s perspective, the following changes have occurred since purchasing our first cruise this past November:

24 hr Room service is no longer free after 10pm

Increase in FTTF costs

Increase in Cheers costs

Added Pic pkg/removed pic pkg/implemented modified pic pkg

15 % surcharge on Fun Shop purchases

Obviously as a new cruiser I cannot miss what I didn’t have (i.e. tablecloths, chocolates on pillow, no room service on debarkation day, etc.). But just as veteran cruisers feel some kind of way about Carnival’s changes over the years, I feel some kind of way about all the changes in the last 6 months. Regarding whether any future changes would bug me..I can’t think of any, but TBH I am considering a different cruise line (mainly for itinerary reasons) or an AI for my 50th birthday in a few years.

That's just in reference to the MDR. On sea days, one MDR serves brunch from 8:30-1:00. Then both MDR's are open for dinner, as usual. You still have the option to eat lunch at the Lido buffet or from one of the other eateries, like Guy's, 'Ol Fashioned BBQ, etc. Which ones that are available depends on the ship, obviously.

Ok it’s been awhile since I was on a fun ship is breakfast served in the dining room on port days?

And if not is there somewhere to go besides the buffet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It had been a while since tablecloths were the center of attention around here. Now this thread gets 'em all riled up again. We just started cruising a couple years ago so I've been trying to think of something that they might get rid of in the future that could cause as much fuss as tablecloths and pillow chocolates for newer cruisers like us. I can't think of anything right now. Maybe some of my fellow newer cruisers have some thoughts.

It depends on the port. Two years ago out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale), we had a 10:30 check-in. We had 11:00 earlier this month out of Miami. 10:00-11:00 is typically the earliest, as far as I know, and each check-in time is a half hour window.

I am glad that someone mentioned the tablecloths. I find that very strange that they no longer have them but I guess that is old news. The first couple of cruises that my boys were on they still remember the waiter that had the crumb brush (don't know the formal name of that device). To go from that to no tablecloths in what I think of a very short time is kind of sad. We have all ways ate in the MDR and enjoyed a more formal service. I know that my kids experience with a formal service has benefitted them.

Well in 2016, the last Carnival ship you went on got the Funship 2.0 upgrades including:

- Guy's Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina, two very popular lunch options.

- A new comedy program "The Punchliner" overseen by George Lopez

- Upgraded music program

- New venues including sportsquare, cherry on top, cucina del capitano, refrog pub, blueiguana tequila (some of those only on certain ships)

- New bars including Library bar and the famous Alchemy that makes excellent cocktails

But the experience has apparently been ruined because of tableclothes and andes mints.

Yep, seems people only recall what's negative (their opinion). But selectively forget about the positive changes. Just to add a couple more positive things....

1. Carnival Hub app, great to know what's going on with ability to have favorites and get reminders as well as keeping in touch with your group.

2. Photos are moving to digital, super easy to find your pics due to facial recognition and quick way to order pics, plus digital prints now available.

3. Excursion price guarantee, Carnival finally got it and basically matches what third parties were charging.

4. New ships that now offer option for private Havana area. I know, some may view as negative, but nice to see offering that make it unique and similar to what other lines offer.

BTW, those table clothes are def disappointing...... um, not really as I didn't even notice they were gone.

Also George Lopez no longer has ties to Punchliner. Not sure what he added other than name to the brand.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Ok it’s been awhile since I was on a fun ship is breakfast served in the dining room on port days?

And if not is there somewhere to go besides the buffet?

Yes, they still serve port-day breakfast in one of the MDR's. Depending on the ship, there's sometimes breakfast options other than Lido buffet, but granted, it's limited. For example, the Blue Iguana serves breakfast burritos.

Well in 2016, the last Carnival ship you went on got the Funship 2.0 upgrades including:

- Guy's Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina, two very popular lunch options.

- A new comedy program "The Punchliner" overseen by George Lopez

- Upgraded music program

- New venues including sportsquare, cherry on top, cucina del capitano, refrog pub, blueiguana tequila (some of those only on certain ships)

- New bars including Library bar and the famous Alchemy that makes excellent cocktails

But the experience has apparently been ruined because of tablecloths and andes mints.

too funny thanks for the laugh. I too am amazed that tableclothes are an issue. They can annoying if hanging in my lap. I am on the Vista in 2 weeks and looking forward to Guys Burger

I heard they only give you two forks in the MDR instead of the traditional set of three. I refuse to sail with Carnival again until this is rectified.

Rumor has it, they're doing away with the spoons AND forks and you only get a plastic spork. You will get a plastic knife if you order a steak.

Funny comment - person who asked "what is a tablecloth?"!!!! I`m in my 60s and went to jc penny's, asked a young clerk if there were any bedspreads in his department. He didn't know what that was! I guess comforters have taken over.