FTTF with Deluxe Cabin

techbone514

My wife and I are taking our 9 month old on her first cruise. We've booked an Ocean View Suite on the Liberty. My question is whether it's worth the additional $70 for FTTF. We get priority boarding, but I'm wondering if having our room ready as soon as we arrive, priority luggage delivery and a dedicated service desk extension are worth the money. Are there any benefits I'm missing? Have any of you purchased FTTF along with a suite reservation?

Hi,

It used to be less expensive! We purchased FTTF every time we booked a suite until recently when we turned platinum.

You'll have to decide if it is worth it to you.

We only bring carry on to the ship so having our cabin ready was worth it to us.

I love FTTF, but I pass on it when we have a suite. Priority boarding is really the only benefit I appreciate with FTTF and suite passengers board before FTTF. Also, on the Elation, last month we had immediate access to our rooms. I have the note from Carnival to prove it that we were handed at check in.

My wife and I are taking our 9 month old on her first cruise. We've booked an Ocean View Suite on the Liberty. My question is whether it's worth the additional $70 for FTTF. We get priority boarding, but I'm wondering if having our room ready as soon as we arrive, priority luggage delivery and a dedicated service desk extension are worth the money. Are there any benefits I'm missing? Have any of you purchased FTTF along with a suite reservation?
The value of FTTF is subjective, but if I were you, with a 9 month old, I think I'd want immediate access to the cabin. Just to drop off any carry-ons and tend to the baby if needed. She might need to be changed first thing. Otherwise you're walking around with your carry-on luggage and the baby. But that's just me. We bought it for our upcoming cruise just for the immediate cabin access alone. That was worth it to us. The other perks are just icing on the cake. Then again, we bought it at the older, lower price. Next time we'll have to think about it.

I am with the other CC member in the points made about your 9 month old. The value is truly subjective, but if I were cruising with a 9 month old, I personally would see the value in immediate use of the cabin. Also you will be given zone 1 tags of debarkation which could ease the process when returning from your cruise.

Whatever you choose I hope you have a good time. Happy sailing!

We have suites booked for upcoming cruises and I still have FTTF. I need FTTF for various reasons.

- Priority embarkation yes.

- Dedicated line at guest services to pay my balance at the end of my cruise with gift cards. No, I do not preload them and don't keep an eye on the account every day like others do. I just go at the end and pay whatever I owe with the gift cards.

- Priority tenders. I need to get off first/early to get with my excursions so I can get them started. We don't book through Carnival so I want to get to the private guides quicker to start our day.

Those are my reasons.

We have suites booked for upcoming cruises and I still have FTTF. I need FTTF for various reasons.

- Priority embarkation yes.

- Dedicated line at guest services to pay my balance at the end of my cruise with gift cards. No, I do not preload them and don't keep an eye on the account every day like others do. I just go at the end and pay whatever I owe with the gift cards.

- Priority tenders. I need to get off first/early to get with my excursions so I can get them started. We don't book through Carnival so I want to get to the private guides quicker to start our day.

Those are my reasons.

I had assumed that suites got the priority guest services and priority tenders. Since it sounds like you don't get this I would recommend FTTF.

If you don't have any tender ports and are fine with the potential wait at guest services, then I would recommend arriving late so you can have immediate access to your room that way. With a 9 month old I would definitely want to be able to go straight to the cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!