"LIVE" - Ovation of the Seas (April 9-26, 2018), Bill & Marie's slow boat to China

e4dd9e2595e150bb45749cbe526b652d.jpg

6ad86b440d9e86d5cd427f2992e603aa.jpg

00ad2b8d5d028bf36a734993674300f0.jpg

After the show we drove to Wangfujing street to it food section. Some looked tasty, some interesting but we are flying across the Pacific Ocean tomorrow so we passed on eating here.

34f7f01bf7b5b55b9435381ec472ef82.jpg

8e92deafae0cb1799f945ec919e75169.jpg

a61c1da6980d81e30605b116bacdc0a9.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Bill, as usual, fantastic review! and the photos! Wow.....

Thanks again for sharing your amazing journey. [emoji4]

Safe travels to you and Marie....hope you accounted for a little weight allowance in the suitcases for all of Maries baubles [emoji6]

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill, as usual, fantastic review! and the photos! Wow.....

Thanks again for sharing your amazing journey. [emoji4]

Safe travels to you and Marie....hope you accounted for a little weight allowance in the suitcases for all of Maries baubles [emoji6]

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chris, thank goodness we are flying back business so we get two 70lb bags each.

Your Great Wall photos are amazing! I still find that was such an amazing feat, built so long ago. The crowds were also amazing -- what a difference 37 years makes! :D I hope you got to see as much of the Wall as you had hoped for. The gondola ride made the trip much easier for you. :)

Please ask Marie how she likes the C&A backpack. I'm thinking of using mine for an upcoming trip. Thanks! Tell her I love her jade bangle!

I spotted Marie's beautiful bangle in those Great Wall photos and wondered if she'd gotten it there - did she try it on both her right arm and then the left? It looks lovely on her! I bought one too, but lost my grip once when putting it on and let it fall onto our bathroom tile :loudcry: I did my best super gluing it but not the same.

Re comments on the Forbidden City, I didn't learn this until recently when I was reading a book about Genghis Khan, but that structure dates from when the Mongols had control before the Ming dynasty. The author said the Mongols generally allowed the conquered regions to continue their own lifestyles rather than force Mongolian habits on everyone. In the city which later became Beijing many diverse people mixed together in the broader city, but the royal family of the Mongols secluded themselves in a "forbidden city" where they could continue their Mongol traditions behind closed doors. Our Chinese guide never mentioned the Mongols so I hadn't heard that before.

Hope your trip home is smooth and thank you again for your brilliant live reporting!!!

Your Great Wall photos are amazing! I still find that was such an amazing feat, built so long ago. The crowds were also amazing -- what a difference 37 years makes! :D I hope you got to see as much of the Wall as you had hoped for. The gondola ride made the trip much easier for you. :)

Please ask Marie how she likes the C&A backpack. I'm thinking of using mine for an upcoming trip. Thanks! Tell her I love her jade bangle!

She likes the backpack, light weight with lots of pockets. And free since I won it at an M&M.[emoji16]

I spotted Marie's beautiful bangle in those Great Wall photos and wondered if she'd gotten it there - did she try it on both her right arm and then the left? It looks lovely on her! I bought one too, but lost my grip once when putting it on and let it fall onto our bathroom tile :loudcry: I did my best super gluing it but not the same.

Re comments on the Forbidden City, I didn't learn this until recently when I was reading a book about Genghis Khan, but that structure dates from when the Mongols had control before the Ming dynasty. The author said the Mongols generally allowed the conquered regions to continue their own lifestyles rather than force Mongolian habits on everyone. In the city which later became Beijing many diverse people mixed together in the broader city, but the royal family of the Mongols secluded themselves in a "forbidden city" where they could continue their Mongol traditions behind closed doors. Our Chinese guide never mentioned the Mongols so I hadn't heard that before.

Hope your trip home is smooth and thank you again for your brilliant live reporting!!!

Yes she did but I think she has now settled for the left arm.

Is this a security camera? Surprised to see the top of the tower empty, considering the crowds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nope just a picture I took.
Great review!! I always enjoy reading your reviews. Safe travels home!
Thanks, we are a bit worn out and actually looking forward to some time at home. [emoji3]

Bill, another series of great pictures.

It sounds like you rented a car and did this day on your own. If so, would you recommend it?

Thanks for another great review Bill.

Paul

We had a car, driver and guide for our three days.