"LIVE" - Ovation of the Seas (April 9-26, 2018), Bill & Marie's slow boat to China

Sorry that u feel that way :(. Was it the length of the cruise, the visit to Beijing?
Not Bill but can share our thoughts. We were on both cruises with Bill and Marie and toured with them in several ports. Great times and a few long days but nothing compared to our time in Beijing. We had 3 busy days of seeing the sites with lots of walking and stairs. We're not used to the heat and humidity so, for us, that was a bit draining. Happy we saw and did as much as we did but, like Bill, are ready to spend some time at home.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Forums mobile app

She likes the backpack, light weight with lots of pockets. And free since I won it at an M&M.[emoji16]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

That's where I got mine, too, lol! Thanks for the feedback.

Not Bill but can share our thoughts. We were on both cruises with Bill and Marie and toured with them in several ports. Great times and a few long days but nothing compared to our time in Beijing. We had 3 busy days of seeing the sites with lots of walking and stairs. We're not used to the heat and humidity so, for us, that was a bit draining. Happy we saw and did as much as we did but, like Bill, are ready to spend some time at home.

Welcome home! I am tired after just 2 weeks on a Caribbean cruise, so I completely understand your fatigue factor: long flights, jet lag, different food than what you're used to, long touring days, humidity. Worth the effort, but tiring, nonetheless. :)

Bill,

Loved your review and pictures I spent this morning reading it. Thank you for sharing. I'll be spending the day looking at cruises in that part of the world. Marie's shoe collection was outstanding, great job!

Donna

Yup, Beijing just wore us out. So much walking over uneven terrain and so many stairs along with the heat/humidity. BUT it was all worth it. :D

Bill,

Loved your review and pictures I spent this morning reading it. Thank you for sharing. I'll be spending the day looking at cruises in that part of the world. Marie's shoe collection was outstanding, great job!

Donna

You won't regret it, we loved it.

Thanks Bill and Marie. Refreshing to see a live review of somewhere else in the world other than the Caribbean.

Thanks I thought the same way but it appears we are in the minority. I did a live review on a simple 7 day Oasis cruise and it got over 76,000 views. This three week live review of Asia didn't even get 40,000 views. I guess for some people it is just too far out of their comfort zone. Glad you came along. :D

Thanks Bill and Marie for sharing your adventure.

Loved the pictures and dialogue.

I enjoyed your travels to ports I will never visit.

I can only hope to travels to do a cruise that takes in Italy and Vatican city one day.

Still afraid to leave my comfort zone of being close to the good old USA.

Appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing. If we make it to that side of the world a cruise is how we will do it. Getting to see a little of lots of places is perfect for us. Now if only our jobs wouldn’t mind us being gone that long....

I am overwhelmed thinking of how to plan all the ports. How did you arrange all your tours? Just via tripadvisor and cruisecritic forum suggestions? For reasons like what you experienced we have always avoided ship excursions.

Not Bill but can share our thoughts.

Suzy, of course you're not Bill...

We were together at the M&M (Vision, September 7th), and when you said your "handle", the AM said "of course":D.

From Bill's pics from the Wall, I saw that it was very crowded. We were there end of September, and had the Wall to ourselves.

1716830204_P1010833(480x640)(338x450)(323x430).jpg.e3bc83ea1e95af211cfd1e0894aafcdd.jpg

Great review Bill! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. I know it's not a simple task.

I've been to China several times and have eaten things that I never thought I would eat (pig brains:eek:), but I could never bring myself to eat a scorpion on a stick...especially the live ones that are still wiggling.

Bill & Marie

Thank you for a great review and taking time to do it.

Somewhere I now want to try. Friends are planning the Trans Siberian Railway from Moscow to Bejing.

If you aren't home yet, have a safe trip. You will need a holiday to get over the holiday.

Bill and Marie. Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey. You Shared so much of places I will probably never get to see therefore I am very grateful for your very detailed review and so many fabulous photos. I was mostly following along silently but enjoying it immensely.

You both must be exhausted hopefully you had a good flight home.

Thanks again!

Thanks Bill and Marie for sharing your adventure.

Loved the pictures and dialogue.

I enjoyed your travels to ports I will never visit.

I can only hope to travels to do a cruise that takes in Italy and Vatican city one day.

Still afraid to leave my comfort zone of being close to the good old USA.

Appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Thanks for coming along. Maybe someday

Thanks for sharing. If we make it to that side of the world a cruise is how we will do it. Getting to see a little of lots of places is perfect for us. Now if only our jobs wouldn’t mind us being gone that long....

I am overwhelmed thinking of how to plan all the ports. How did you arrange all your tours? Just via tripadvisor and cruisecritic forum suggestions? For reasons like what you experienced we have always avoided ship excursions.

I researched online but primarily used tripadvisor and CC to verify some type of experience.

Suzy, of course you're not Bill...

We were together at the M&M (Vision, September 7th), and when you said your "handle", the AM said "of course":D.

From Bill's pics from the Wall, I saw that it was very crowded. We were there end of September, and had the Wall to ourselves.

Ahhh.....Vision....another great cruise. We went to a Joyonggang (sp?) Section of the wall. Two ways to go. We did a little of the crowded side (PIC 2) then went to another section that was almost empty. (PIC 2)

It's China's equivalent of Labor Day weekend .... May Day....so there are more people everywhere. 20180427_115459.thumb.jpg.fae2cf101817929a6394bfe1f47d01c2.jpg

20180427_101130.jpg.be62d92b8265cb87f71aac0d328e43a1.jpg

Great review Bill! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. I know it's not a simple task.

I've been to China several times and have eaten things that I never thought I would eat (pig brains:eek:), but I could never bring myself to eat a scorpion on a stick...especially the live ones that are still wiggling.

I really wanted to try the scorpion but with us flying home in the morning I didn't want to take chances. Next time.

Bill & Marie

Thank you for a great review and taking time to do it.

Somewhere I now want to try. Friends are planning the Trans Siberian Railway from Moscow to Bejing.

If you aren't home yet, have a safe trip. You will need a holiday to get over the holiday.

Hey Alex, good to hear from you. I would love the chance to try that railway. It has so much history behind it.

Bill,

Thank you for your amazing trip report, you did a fantastic job! Happy to hear that you and Marie made it home safely :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we did, thanks for following.

Bill and Marie. Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey. You Shared so much of places I will probably never get to see therefore I am very grateful for your very detailed review and so many fabulous photos. I was mostly following along silently but enjoying it immensely.

You both must be exhausted hopefully you had a good flight home.

Thanks again!

I appreciate the kind words. We are tired, Marie took a nap this afternoon but I have been staying up. However I think I will sleep soon.

There isn't much in Asia I would eat, but I definitely would take a scorpion (not live, of course) over pigs brains.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I may never get to travel there and now I've seen so many beautiful photos. Just awesome!

Another great review Bill. Thanks so much for taking the time to take us along.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to take us along with you, I enjoyed your travelling!

Thank you all for following along. By far, this trip topped our list. :D