Tip on departure day.

Had a great cabin steward on Navigator. It was a 9-nighter right after Thanksgiving last year. Tried to hand him cash the morning of departure, but could not locate him. We retired early the previous night. Anyway, we left cash on the desk inside our cabin for him morning of departure. All the cabins around us had doors wide open. I hope he got the money we left for him. Still concerned about it. Do other staff help out on turnaround day or is it more likely our room steward got the tip he deserved beyond the standard service charge?

Had a great cabin steward on Navigator. It was a 9-nighter right after Thanksgiving last year. Tried to hand him cash the morning of departure, but could not locate him. We retired early the previous night. Anyway, we left cash on the desk inside our cabin for him morning of departure. All the cabins around us had doors wide open. I hope he got the money we left for him. Still concerned about it. Do other staff help out on turnaround day or is it more likely our room steward got the tip he deserved beyond the standard service charge?

He should have left a couple of envelopes on the bed for you, and you can get them at Guest Services.

They have a place for a name and a cabin number.

There is a box at Guest Services for those envelopes.

I hope that he got it, too, but there are many people in and out of those cabins on turnaround day.

Perhaps it is misplace but I am quite trusting. So if I was in this situation, I would leave an envelope with his name on it, a thank you note and cash in the envelope. I would not just leave cash on the table.

So far, I have managed to locate cabin steward on the departure day or the night before.

We extend any extra tips on the last day/evening...the last morning is way to hectic. If we don't see our cabin attendant prior to dinner, we simply leave an envelope in the room for them to get during evening turn-down service...or, you could just add the extra to your account, along with what you've already tipped via the "daily tip" they charge to you.

We leave an extra tip in an envelope on the bed before we leave for dinner on the last night.

We extend any extra tips on the last day/evening...the last morning is way to hectic. If we don't see our cabin attendant prior to dinner, we simply leave an envelope in the room for them to get during evening turn-down service...or, you could just add the extra to your account, along with what you've already tipped via the "daily tip" they charge to you.

I like this:D We haven't had trouble locating our steward but this is a great idea.