Diet/lower sugar “mixers” in bars/lounges?

How about seltzer and vodka with lime or orange? Good luck. Im not much of a vodka girl but I do watch what I eat and work out daily. I prefer to drink my calories on vacation rather than eat lol. Good luck! Vodka with a seltzer is the least calories and fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m on Keto and on my last cruise in November I used the freestyle machine for mixers but my main drinks were Vodka Water and/or wine... lots of wine.

A week cruise on allure and I lost 3 pounds! Absolute blasphemy!

The freestyle soda machine has tons of options. Light lemonade, diet ginger ale, sparkling flavored waters etc. Also the flavored waters in the Windjammer are nice w vodka or gin!

Good idea! Wish I had thought of this last week. I had no luck with low carb/low sugar mixers on board 2 weeks ago, so I stuck mostly to rum and diet coke (0 carbs) or dry red wines (3.5 - 4 carbs). I did find a habanero grapefruit cocktail at one bar that I loved and splurged on two of those during the week.

I mentioned it in the comments on my post-cruise survey. Maybe it would help if others did so too. I'm not diabetic but I really try to watch my sugar intake. I know artificial sweeteners have their critics, but it would be nice to have a choice. The sugar in fancy cocktails can be very high. There are a lot of sugar-free mixers out there which would allow for the fancy stuff, not just rum and diet coke.

I mentioned it in the comments on my post-cruise survey. Maybe it would help if others did so too. I'm not diabetic but I really try to watch my sugar intake. I know artificial sweeteners have their critics, but it would be nice to have a choice. The sugar in fancy cocktails can be very high. There are a lot of sugar-free mixers out there which would allow for the fancy stuff, not just rum and diet coke.

I agree with you. People who prefer the regular mixers should stay with them, but those of us who would like sugar-free mixers should have an option, too. I occasionally have a skinny margarita when out at home and while the alcohol has sugar and carbs, at least I avoid the sugar in the mixer.

These are available, I wish the cruise line would stock them.

I’m on Keto and on my last cruise in November I used the freestyle machine for mixers but my main drinks were Vodka Water and/or wine... lots of wine.

A week cruise on allure and I lost 3 pounds! Absolute blasphemy!

Wine has tons of sugar.

Wine has tons of sugar.

Red wines don't have much sugar. Some of the reds only have 1 to 2 residual carbs. The sugar has been fermented to alcohol which does not stimulate insulin release. Now if you are talking late harvest or moscato, then or other sweet wines, yes they have sugar.

Wine has tons of sugar.

Um, no

You just need to know what wines to drink.

Red Wines (5 oz. serving)

• Cabernet Sauvignon (our favorite: full bodied, dry and tart!): 120 calories, 3.8 carbs
  • Pinot Noir: 121 calories, 3.4 carbs
  • Merlot: 120 calories, 3.7 carbs

White Wines (5 oz. serving)

• Pinot Grigio: 122 calories, 3.2 carbs
  • Sauvignon Blanc: 122 calories, 2.7 carbs
  • Chardonnay: 118 calories, 3.7 carbs
  • Riesling: 118 calories, 5.5 carbs
  • Champagne (although low in alcohol content, so you’d need to drink more): 96 calories, 1.5 carbs

We were actually considering ordering these but have not tried them yet. DH was recently diagnosed diabetic, so we are trying to find options that will work for him on our upcoming cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Worth considering. This brings up a question. Let's say you have the soda package. Can you go up to the bar and get a glass of seltzer and lime, and then pay for a shot, and then add your own sugar-free mixer? I don't see why not, extra work, but lets you have a lower carb cocktail, and the shot alone costs less than a mixed drink from the bar.