Please read if you are on any of my private tours dubai to athens from kathy

rabin1

I have also posted this on the roll call as well but I don;t want any participants not to see it or be nervous or upset. I just want to do everything I can to assure everyone on the tours see it.

I only found this out Thursday night and I have been completely devastated which is why I have not posted this until now. I hope you read my post 230 on the roll call..

Azamara cancelled my cruise not the cruise just me and believe me this is not what I want. I worked on this cruise for myself and others for 18 months as you know. I don't know what to do as Azamara is playing games they have still not cancelled the cruise with my travel agent and it is still showing active on their web site but they have called me three times to cancel. I have not officially been given anything in writing nor my travel agent

The point of this email is to tell you thank you and again apologize. Here is the info for all the tour companies. I have contacted them to ensure them you are still going. This is only so you can contact them if you would feel better.

OMAN the two tours in Muscat is Kathy at info@lifetime-tours. com. I have already given you the meeting point for both of these tours in an email but if you need further info either email me or Kathy

JORDAN/PETRA Mohammed at touristdriver.aqaba@gmail.com. The meeting time is 9;30 am and he will have a sign for you to see. I don;t know what it will say because it was going to say Kathy's group. He is great and will have something on the sign so you can find him or email him and ask him

ISRAEL the two tours you were told where to meet when you paid so you have Leos email and the meeting time for the two tours.

CYPRUS please just email Spanos at spanosbuses@me.com. He wants it done this way

If I get anything else to report or any further information I will most certainly let you know.

Blessings and hope everyone has a great cruise. I wish I were going

Kathy

I guess I don’t understand why you don’t have email addresses for those that have shown an interest in the tours you have arranged and posted many times about on your roll call. I have a friend on your cruise. I’ll be sure to let her know just in case she is booked with you.

Phil

I guess I don’t understand why you don’t have email addresses for those that have shown an interest in the tours you have arranged and posted many times about on your roll call. I have a friend on your cruise. I’ll be sure to let her know just in case she is booked with you.

Phil

Because there are 80 people and I for sure did not expect this to happen. For once can;t you be nice and compassionate. As I said I did not expect any of this to happen. If you read again what I just said even the TA and it is a worldwide one has not been informed only me and only in phone calls. Do you think I wanted this to happen and not go after all the clothes I bought, an extra 4 days in Dubai etc. For them to do this to me only 2 weeks before the cruise is wrong. I booked it 18 months ago. Where have they been and why this 2 weeks before?? This is costing me over $10000 and I am not happy so for once give a person a break without arguement or some snippy comment.

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

Because there are 80 people and I for sure did not expect this to happen. For once can;t you be nice and compassionate. As I said I did not expect any of this to happen. If you read again what I just said even the TA and it is a worldwide one has not been informed only me and only in phone calls. Do you think I wanted this to happen and not go after all the clothes I bought, an extra 4 days in Dubai etc. For them to do this to me only 2 weeks before the cruise is wrong. I booked it 18 months ago. Where have they been and why this 2 weeks before?? This is costing me over $10000 and I am not happy so for once give a person a break without arguement or some snippy comment.

Kathy

I fail to understand why you think excitedofharpendens post is snippy and argumentative. He is, without doubt, one of the most helpful posters on this forum and is always polite, helpful and informative. Perhaps your attitude is why Azamara have cancelled your cruise?

I fail to understand why you think excitedofharpendens post is snippy and argumentative. He is, without doubt, one of the most helpful posters on this forum and is always polite, helpful and informative. Perhaps your attitude is why Azamara have cancelled your cruise?

I am sorry you people are always correct. I should never have tried to help cruisers by putting together 6 private tours for other people. So if that is a bad attitude you are correct. I learned a good lesson no matter what cruise I should I ever cruise again no more private tours. As Phil said when I originally posted there is more to this story but I am not going to bad mouth Azamara & I don;t want to make any passengers nervous. Again my bad attitude. It is what it is. This is exactly why I did not post the whole story. You people always find some fault with anything. I can assure you with every fiber of my being this is not over. I am in the media and I had not as of yesterday contacted my attorney but it will be done. So please I feel bad enough no need to make me feel worse

Kathy

Kathy, I am sorry your cruise has been cancelled and you are so upset. Of course you are....but there must be much more to this issue. Azamara is a reputable company and would never cancel someone's cruise two weeks before they sail without a very good reason. We all know this.

As Liz said, Phil is one of the most helpful posters on this forum and he is a lovely guy in person too....he wasn't being snippy or argumentative, he was just making a legitimate point about the email addresses.

I find it odd that your TA has not had documentation about the cancellation too. Surely they would be the first to be told as they have control of the booking?

I do hope you can rescue something for your vacation and that you have a relaxing time somewhere. I'm sure Azamara will give you a full refund.

Maybe you could go to Dubai and stay in a lovely hotel there? It would be such a shame not to go, especially after you made all those efforts to be able to legally take your medication with you.

I hope it works out for you anyway.

my fuzzy and Lottie you are both correct.

My TA is wondering the same thing as you just said. He spent 45 minutes yesterday morning with his rep and could find out nothing either. He also watched his emails all day and nothing. The only person that has been told this is cancelled is me by phone several times. My TA even tried to call the man who called me as I have his number & name and he did not return my TA call. The other thing is this is a worldwide TA so he is not happy. I think he is reporting this to their home office but that doesn;t matter. I just spoke to LCV and Celebrity and RCCL all of them are saying it is still an active booking. So again why is this man calling me telling me he was canceling the cruise and why is everyone showing it still there. This has been going on since Thursday. I am devastated about this whole thing. Not only for me but all those people on the private tours. They are all still going as I have made sure with all the tour companies but I just wanted to be courteous to let the passengers know I would not be there. So nothing has changed for them except me. I have their names but not emails guess I was stupid for not taking them but with 6 tours and 80 people I truly did not do anything to be malicious. I am sad enough and truly at a loss as is my TA. Neither of us have been given anything in writing and for sure no reason. I have not talked to anyone at Azamara since the day this booked with my TA except to call and say how great Nicole was and then she called me back to thank me.

I can;t keep justifying this. I did not cause it and I am sorry I don;t know what else to say so I think I will not respond any further.

Kathy

Have you purchased travel insurance? Those are people who will definitely make every effort to clarify the situation since it's to their advantage to know the specifics before paying a claim. You've put a lot of time, energy and of course, money into this trip, so I'm sure it's incredibly distressing, but you can trust that Phil and others who've had suggestions only post with good intentions. You've got plenty to deal with without adding concern over the motivation behind CC comments to the mix. I do hope this will resolve well for you and your fellow cruisers.

Kathy, I hope this is not the case, but do you think this may be a malicious prank?

I'm sure Azamara would have informed your TA immediately they cancelled your cruise so if the booking is still active.....? Have you tried logging on to My Azamara and checking if the booking is still there?

Kathy

Why did they cancel your cruise?