Live from the Seaside April 7, 2018

maureencruiser

Following along too. Never met you Maureen but enjoy your past reviews and current cruise posts. I AM surprised that CruiselifeRick and Yorkvillain have not popped in to comment. Enjoy Playa Mia Maureen. Can't wait to hear all about it. Using "What fresh hell is this?" when things don't go right from now on. :D:DHungry for pizza and mojitos.....

Jeannine (the Canadian one)

CruiseLifeRick is on the Symphony of the Seas right now but I’m here and enjoying Maureen’s review as much as her previous ones!

I'm about to leave for my adventure in Cozumel. Pray for me... Pray for Cozumel. I'll be at the Playa Mia Beach Club or something like that.....:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Wait a second. Weren’t you sold into sexual slavery in Cozumel back in October?

All right, so, when I went to bed last night, I had a few thoughts about Grand Cayman. I didn't have anything planned and it is a tender port.

I'm "wearing my drinking shirt" Monday and Wednesday, so, perhaps Tuesday would be a good day to sleep in, catch up on my review.

I thought about buying some Tortuga Rum Cakes, but, there is literally no room in my suitcase for that.

I had told a few people I'd try to mail them postcards, the ship does NOT sell postage, like other ships I've been on.

So, I figured I could bring my addresses with me off the ship, pick up some postcards, stamps, and mail them off.

And, for my female friends back home, I thought I'd go to Big Black Dick's and see if I could find some t-shirts proclaiming I love Big Black Dick's, (the apostrophe is important here). :')

So, I googled mailing postcards from Grand Cayman, trying to find a post office, etc. All I found was people talking about going to Hell and mailing them. I knew I didn't want to pay to go to Hell. :evilsmile:

So, I googled Big Black Dick's. I did NOT find any information about a rum store on Grand Cayman! What I did find left me t̶h̶r̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶ ̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶ ̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶h̶r̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ horrified. ;);)

Four hours later, I turned off the computer and went to bed. :'):')

crying laughing.

For more, or to exact your revenge. :*;p

Can't we do both? :')

Maureen, love your reviews....you have me creased:D I have never forgotten that photo of you in a mask!-I think you were on Divina .

Creased? :confused: Mask? Oh wait, was it a demon looking mask from Puerto Rico? Again, maybe it's a good thing al my previous pictures have disappeared. I have a pic of myself in a giraffe mask on Facebook...

I'm glad somebody appreciated that! I was expecting to be banned...

I was expecting to be banned just from reading it!! :') You are so witty!!

Booboo, my biggest fan! :evilsmile:

Hi

I have read alot of reviews as silly me i just enjoy them and because I love cruising.

I can say that yours is one of the best ever,and your sense of humour is great

Go on more cruises so I can read your thread

OK, if you insist, I'll go on more cruises...

:cool::cool:

OK, so, first a little housekeeping. I have the video of me counting the slot machines, but, it's too many GB or whatever, it used up all my time trying to download it, so, I will do once I return to terra firma. But, there were 186 slot machines, as far as my tequila addled mind could determine. ;p

The chocolate books, oh my, the chocolate books.

You buy the books empty, the prices are $19 for a small book, $37 for a large book and $43 for these little suitcases they have. THEN, you buy the chocolate to put in them, your choice, it is $8USD for 100 grams. YIKES!

My Facebook friend had a Facebook friend who said this is the pillow menu, I can neither confirm nor deny what a friend of a friend says.

30652211_10210814325058166_6205656348860874752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=90ece8e0afaa419b3ab3c3962bd4c13f&oe=5B574D28

I think that answered everybody's questions...

OK, so, first a little housekeeping. I have the video of me counting the slot machines, but, it's too many GB or whatever, it used up all my time trying to download it, so, I will do once I return to terra firma. But, there were 186 slot machines, as far as my tequila addled mind could determine. ;p

You buy the books empty, the prices are $19 for a small book, $37 for a large book and $43 for these little suitcases they have. THEN, you buy the chocolate to put in them, your choice, it is $8USD for 100 grams. YIKES!

My Facebook friend had a Facebook friend who said this is the pillow menu, I can neither confirm nor deny what a friend of a friend says.

30652211_10210814325058166_6205656348860874752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=90ece8e0afaa419b3ab3c3962bd4c13f&oe=5B574D28

THANK YOU :hearteyes: wow this book will cost like it's made out of gold :confused:

I had to read back through the review to figure out where I left off. :')

So, leaving Grand Cayman, a friend of mine back home had asked for some sunset photos. We were heading due west, so, I had to get to the front of the ship!

I thought deck 8 went all the way around, so, I tried there, no luck.

I looked at the map at the elevator and said, oh Deck 16, I went there and it was the bar for the specialty restaurants. :(

I was running out of time, there were a few employees standing there, so, I asked the first one I saw, what deck can I get to the front of the ship on?

You can't he said, it's all Yacht Club. :(

I said all the decks? I want to take pics of the sunset.

He said you can't, not from the front.

I said OK and was leaving to go find a deck I could take pics from the side when he followed me.

You just want to take pics, he asked eyeing my raggedy clothes and my raggedy Canon Powershot. Clearly, I was not Yacht Club material. :')

Yes, I said. Follow me, he said. :hearteyes:

He whisked me right up to the YC, showed me where to go and told me I could let myself out, I wouldn't need a key for that! :hearteyes:

Flush with success, I decided to go to the Sports Bar and see my Beloved Boston Red Sox take on the Evil Empire, yes, the dreaded New York Yankees.

They have more beer at the sports bar and you can buy chicken wings, etc, too.

IMG_1109-M.jpg

IMG_1110-M.jpg

IMG_1111-M.jpg

I got a Mai Tai, it was delish!

IMG_1112-M.jpg

They have little semi-circle couches with their own TVs. No one else was using them, so, I jumped in.

My view to the left.

IMG_1115-M.jpg

My view to the right.

IMG_1116-M.jpg

THANK YOU :hearteyes: wow this book will cost like it's made out of gold :confused:

Yeah, I'm thinking there's got to be a better way. Speaking of that, remember my dream that I won 250K and another 250K? While I was in the Sports Bar, a lady came around selling lotto tickets, the prize was 251K! :p:p:p Seeing my picture about it reminded me I need to check my ticket, see how to claim my prize, :cool:

Do you unlimited data/internet?

No, it's a certain number of GB, I just had to buy more...

This was my internet usage as of that night for those who understand such things.

IMG_1125-M.jpg

So, Wednesday was Cozumel day, Playa MIa resort for me. I booked it through the cruise line, because that way, it included transportation. I thought we might be at the pier that is farther away and we were. Travelling alone, I can get screwed on things like taxi fares, etc. This way seemed easier, even if it meant less time at the resort. With my alabaster complexion, I can't be out in the sun much anyway.

My breakfast view.

IMG_1156-M.jpg

My boring breakfast, with a little premade Eggs Benny just for fun, the Benny was meh...

IMG_1158-M.jpg

I believe this is the Rhapsody...

IMG_1160-M.jpg

Uh oh, she's wearing that shirt again..... Here I am, checked in and ready to go.

IMG_1161-M.jpg

Dark clouds were starting to gather. It never rained, but, the clouds did keep the temperature down a little.

IMG_1164-M.jpg

OH MYYYY....I may need to order all 4 pillows!

I loved the colors of these hammocks, I wonder if it would come off on you the first time you used it, though.

IMG_1165-M.jpg

It was a half hour trip to the resort.

The kiddie pool area, this is actually where I spent the majority of my swimming time. You can't really see it, but, at the front of the photo, where the railings are, they have built in seats there, so, you're sitting in the water. Those were kind of cool.

IMG_1173-M.jpg

Water toys.

IMG_1175-M.jpg

It was nice, but, I preferred the place in Jamaica. Of course, the place in Jamaica cost twice as much...

IMG_1176-M.jpg

It was a buffet lunch, it was good, the chicken was really good.

IMG_1187-M.jpg