Live from the Seaside April 7, 2018

maureencruiser

Well, who says Friday the 13th is unlucky. We're considering giving Seaside a try and I came over to find some reviews. And I hit the motherlode. maureen - I know you said you are black member. Wait....that did NOT sound right. Sorry, black CARD. What's your level on Royal? We're D+ so I'm hoping for a good level on MSC.

Carry on.....

Me, exactly. I have a WestJet flight credit and it's leading me in all kinds of stupid directions.. but this is the best! Maureen, where have you been all my life! Your review is awesome, and now I'm going to have to pour another drink and read everything you've ever written, which I suspect will take me a really long time.

Me, exactly. I have a WestJet flight credit and it's leading me in all kinds of stupid directions.. but this is the best! Maureen, where have you been all my life! Your review is awesome, and now I'm going to have to pour another drink and read everything you've ever written, which I suspect will take me a really long time.

You better get a couple of bottles and you may want some depends. They are all great and you will be lol.

And, Yorkvillian? Yankees Suck! :hearteyes:;p:hearteyes:;p:hearteyes:;p

Haha! Maureen, you are on fire as usual the past few days with this review. Courtney just yelled to me from the other room asking "what the hell do you keep laughing at?" I told her it was your review so now I'm showing her all the highlights. Hilarious stuff as always.

No trouble, I knew someone would appreciate it. T-shirts, purses, the usual.

I'm 1 point away from D+ on Royal. You will be Black, that is the highest, apply for the Loyalty Match. I'm a Black Member, looking for Big Black Dick's in Grand Cayman..

I knew we were sisters. [emoji1]

Safe travels home sis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

My Airbnb was a pool house in the heart of Little Havana.

IMG_0586-M.jpg

I assumed it would come with a cabana boy, but , it didn't. I'll be writing Airbnb a strongly worded letter upon my return.

Oh, I'm going to enjoy reading this! :D:D:)

We've been to Nachi Cocom and its a lot of fun for the adults. Didn't see to many kids there last year. But this time, for our MSC cruise we are heading to Mr. Sanchos....its right next door. Does anyone know how long is the drive from where MSC docks to Mr. Sanchos ?? We're taking a taxi on our own, and need to make sure we have enough time back and forth. :D

It’s not more than 15 going to Mr.Sanchos but close to 30 coming back due to traffic. So be prepared. Loved Mr.Sanchos, service is fantastic. Beautiful and clean. Very reasonable. You will enjoy. Thanks Maureen for this review! Thinking of changing from Carnival Horizon to this but not sure so this is very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s not more than 15 going to Mr.Sanchos but close to 30 coming back due to traffic. So be prepared. Loved Mr.Sanchos, service is fantastic. Beautiful and clean. Very reasonable. You will enjoy. Thanks Maureen for this review! Thinking of changing from Carnival Horizon to this but not sure so this is very helpful!

And Maureen, you have a knack for reviews! Keep them coming!

Erin

Thank you so much for this great review filled with color and humor . You are a great writer . I am looking at a Seaside cruise next March and feel that I've gotten a better idea of what to expect .

Your posts have been very positive and upbeat perhaps , please forgive me , more then MSC deserves . Reading your review I got the sense that they were not at all welcoming to a single . You took things with more then good grace but your experience with MDR and your steward did not seem kind .

Your positive attitude is wonderful and I know life is what you make it . Great reading .

Haha! Maureen, you are on fire as usual the past few days with this review. Courtney just yelled to me from the other room asking "what the hell do you keep laughing at?" I told her it was your review so now I'm showing her all the highlights. Hilarious stuff as always.

Thanks, Villain! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

I knew we were sisters. [emoji1]

Safe travels home sis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Cruise besties and sisters! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Wow! Two people who ACTUALLY met me in real life and they still tolerate me!

Funny, though, no one in my real life has ever read any of my reviews. When people ask me about cruising, I tell them everything a newbie should know, I make recommendations, etc.

If it's appropriate, I'll send them a link to one of my reviews, for example, a coworker went on the Allure for his honeymoon, I sent him a link to my Allure review (this is when it still had pictures and made sense). He never read it...

Maybe you have to have that salt water already running through your veins before my reviews are enjoyable? :confused:

It’s not more than 15 going to Mr.Sanchos but close to 30 coming back due to traffic.

I disagree with this. Seaside docks at the far away pier, it was nothing but traffic when we left, buses evrywhere, taxis , the usual cruise ship just arrived hubbub, inching down tiny side streets. It was a full 30 minutes. Coming back, there was less traffic, but it's a long drive.

You are a great writer .

Your posts have been very positive and upbeat perhaps , please forgive me , more then MSC deserves . Reading your review I got the sense that they were not at all welcoming to a single . You took things with more then good grace but your experience with MDR and your steward did not seem kind . .

A great writer, thank you so much for saying that. I've wanted to write my whole life, but, didn't know how to start. Now, if I could only get Cruise Critic to hire me. ;p;p

The trouble with Maria, I will take full credit for. I did not know about the DND/Make up room button. Once I started using that, everything was fine. Plus. when I would see her in the halls, I would let her know what I was doing. I'm running for breakfast, then I'll be heading ashore after that. I've cruised enough to know that you can't leave your room for ten minutes and come back expecting it to be clean. I always give them plenty of time...

The MDR, that is still churning my butter. Especially because I was doing a review and people want to see the food. Two years booked, a Black Member (even though a Loyalty Match, I have cruised with you 4 or 5 times in 3 years) and you can't accommodate me?

I did tell the first maitre d, I had heard they put overflow guests in the buffet and I would be more than open to that (less walking). He said they don't do that anymore.

I wish he had put me in with one of those families. If they didn't talk to me and I felt uncomfortable, I could have left. It would have been my decision, he never said they didn't speak English. Instead he wants to put me at a double with a known Spanish speaker? How would that play out? I did that on my first trip on the Divina and it was a disaster. :')

Oh well, it's a cruise, I didn't go hungry, that's for sure. Wish I had some pizza now...

OK, If you'll forgive me the luxury of finishing up from my living room, I'll try to be brief (not likely).

When I uploaded my photos to my computer at home, I realized I had missed a few.

The White Party was held on Monday, I believe.

IMG_1138-M.jpg

This is a photo I took earlier in the evening, of a kids' Superhero Parade. If you notice, the kids are all wearing capes. If your kid has a Batman or Superman t-shirt, I would think this would be a good time to wear it.

IMG_1137-M.jpg

But, look at the adults watching the parade, you can see they are mostly wearing white, people actually do it and everybody looked great.

The actual party was out on deck and it was a 45 minute dance party, highlighting music from around the world (as many things on MSC do).

IMG_1145-M.jpg

They had a great turnout and lots of enthusiasm from the people dancing.

IMG_1146-M.jpg

I won't lie, I only went because I thought they were going to make it "snow" at the end, like I've seen in videos. They didn't. :(

The first day, when I met Maria, I had asked her for a lighter weight blanket, I don't like anything heavy on me. :evilsmile:;p

There are no blankets, she said. That seemed so unlikely to me, but, I accepted it.

The next day, I meant to ask her for an extra top sheet, that I could use as a lightweight blanket, but, I forgot.

When I returned from the White Party, I found this on my bed.

IMG_1148-M.jpg

Another MSC backpack. I do use these though, when I go to the beach, when I travel at home. I have found them very handy.

There was also this, with my cabin number on it.

IMG_1149-M.jpg

It was something rolled up, something fleecy. Wait! Could it be a blanket?

IMG_1150-M.jpg

It was! And, it was huge!

IMG_1151-M.jpg

Was Maria exhibiting that can-do attitude I was hoping for? But, why was my cabin number on it? Could it be a prize from the Morning Show? They said they were giving away t-shirts, though...

Either way, I was thrilled, it was perfect and I had no idea how it was going to fit in my suitcase.

I watched the Morning Show the next day and I had indeed won! They sent the prize before they even announced the winners.

I got into bed every night with my MSC blanket and I was so happy! Surely, this was serendipity at its finest!

OK, now I'm caught up to the last day.

It was a lollygagging around kind of day, working on my review, drinking Mimosas.

IMG_1314-M.jpg

The drink of the day was the Ultimate Pina Colada, I had a few...

IMG_1320-M.jpg

I found a nice spot outside the Sports Bar to enjoy my drinks.

IMG_1321-M.jpg

If real football fields were this size, the Patriots would never lose (hush, Villain).

IMG_1323-M.jpg

The TVs in the Sports Bar show you what will be on later.

IMG_1324-M.jpg

The Colorado Rockies vs the Walgreens Nationals. What? Do you think I'm lying?

Walgreens has been around a lot longer than the Washington Nationals. Who stole who's logo and who wore it best?

walgreens_washington-nationals-M.jpg

Arts and crafts were making Dreamcatchers. I bet a lot of people were dreaming of another cruise.

IMG_1325-M.jpg

A late lunch. Would this be my last slice of pizza?

IMG_1326-M.jpg

The Farewell Show, Peter Punk had a Peter Pan theme. It featured the usual variety acts, strongmen, etc.

IMG_1335-M.jpg

I wish I'd known as a child that I could be a professional Hula-Hooper.

IMG_1344-M.jpg

That's a lot of Hula Hoops, can he do it?

IMG_1347-M.jpg

Of course he can! What was all the hoopla about? Get it?? Hoopla?? I crack myself up.

IMG_1350-M.jpg

The first day, when I met Maria, I had asked her for a lighter weight blanket, I don't like anything heavy on me. :evilsmile:;p

There are no blankets, she said. That seemed so unlikely to me, but, I accepted it.

The next day, I meant to ask her for an extra top sheet, that I could use as a lightweight blanket, but, I forgot.

When I returned from the White Party, I found this on my bed.

IMG_1148-M.jpg

Another MSC backpack. I do use these though, when I go to the beach, when I travel at home. I have found them very handy.

There was also this, with my cabin number on it.

IMG_1149-M.jpg

It was something rolled up, something fleecy. Wait! Could it be a blanket?

IMG_1150-M.jpg

It was! And, it was huge!

IMG_1151-M.jpg

Was Maria exhibiting that can-do attitude I was hoping for? But, why was my cabin number on it? Could it be a prize from the Morning Show? They said they were giving away t-shirts, though...

Either way, I was thrilled, it was perfect and I had no idea how it was going to fit in my suitcase.

I watched the Morning Show the next day and I had indeed won! They sent the prize before they even announced the winners.

I got into bed every night with my MSC blanket and I was so happy! Surely, this was serendipity at its finest!

How did you win? What do we have to do to try to win? My girls would think this was the coolest thing ever! For some reason blankets are a top hit at our house right now!! Maybe their age??

Captain Hook was enjoying himself.

IMG_1360-M.jpg

Well, that's not something you see every day on a cruise ship!

IMG_1365-M.jpg

Except Holland America! :'):') I kid, I kid!!

Back on the deck to try and get some more sunset photos. We were heading East now, so, the people in the cheap seats could enjoy this sunset.

This is DeVonne. He was terrified of the Infinity Bridge. He'd do OK with the rest of it, but, this is how he got past the place where the glass was broken.

IMG_1375-M.jpg

Even in his terror, there was still time for a little showboating.

IMG_1376-M.jpg

I got a few good pics of the sunset.

IMG_1397-M.jpg

People out there with good cameras must have a field day.

IMG_1401-M.jpg

IMG_1402-M.jpg

If there's anything better than sunset at sea, I don't know what it is...

IMG_1412-M.jpg

In a surprising move, I did NOT have pizza for dinner. I stole some mac n cheese and chicken nuggets from the kids' buffet and mixed it with some jerk chicken and coconut rice. The jerk chicken was fabulous, there must be a Jamaican chef somewhere in that kitchen.

IMG_1420-M.jpg

Edited by maureencruiser
add picture

Well, I guess this review has had everything except the kitchen sink.

Oh, wait, I forgot, I promised you a photo of the bathroom sink.

IMG_1422-M.jpg

And, here is my hand under the faucet, showing that you can actually get your hands wet on MSC. Royal, take note.

IMG_1424-M.jpg

Since we're already in the unmentionable, here is their little cup system for holding miscellaneous.

IMG_1425-M.jpg

I still needed a way to get from Miami to Ft Lauderdale for my noontime flight.

I had searched the MSC website and app for transfers and never found any.

Once on the ship, I checked the excursions book, nothing.

I knew I could always Uber it, the estimate was $32-$42 , pricey, but worth it.

I found out the last day that they offered transfers for $30, but, it was too late for me to book it. I found this out after standing in line at Guest Services for 45 minutes. :mad:

I decided to venture out in the morning and see if anyone was selling transfers for less than that, I had plenty of time.

Sure enough, someone was. MSC! For $25!! Less than if I had booked on the ship. :mad:

Here I am happily ensconced on the bus, wearing my Work, Save, Cruise, Repeat t-shirt.

IMG_1430-M.jpg

Some amusements from the flight home....

IMG_1432-M.jpg

Baby Oasis! Is there a Baby Seaside, too?

This guy set up a little office for himself, wedged between the wall and the moving sidewalk. I guess tables are so 2017?

IMG_1436-M.jpg

Contents in the overhead compartment may have shifted during flight.

IMG_1433-M.jpg

Or, been birthed completely!

A few random thoughts- the lady with the Nintendo, etc. The desk only has 2 American style plugs. I searched the room for another plug and couldn't find one. I had 2 things I had to rotate to keep charged. Your best bet would be to see if MSC allows you to bring a surge protector, one of those 6 pronged dealios and bring that if they allow it.

I'll post my Youtube videos in the next post, the slot count and my old Cozumel Bar Hop ones including the one where I am sold into sssssexual ssssslavery. The video may answer the question about what kind of slots they had.

I'll look for the photo of me in the demon mask, just for fun.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time, am looking forward to going back, especially with this new drink package they're offering. I'll have to see what that is all about. If anybody has any questions, please ask.

Thanks everybody for taking the time to read this, I hope nobody got banned for reading it. :') :')

For my fellow Tyrion fans, one last quote. It's not easy being drunk all the time, everyone would do it if it were easy. :')