Roomservice breakfast fee?

Roz-DKcruiser

This is probably a silly question, but if we go to the buffet in the morning, get our breakfast to take it to our room to eat on our balcony (we're just one deck below), will anyone stop us with plates, cups, etc? I'd rather do that than do the continental room-service.

No, you will be fine. I have done that and no issues. Enjoy!!

.....who says NCL is the champ of nickel and dime world? Oh wait that was me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ha. I'm not loyal to one cruise line. YET. Given we are exploring all of them that cater to families, except Disney. Just too step for me to pay twice what I have to on other lines for the brand. I will say at least NCL gave me that option whereas Carnival doesn't. If they did, I bet they'd make you pay for it. But they don't because they don't want you to say they at nickel and diming you.

Overall I found NCL to be a tremendous value. I paid $1,000+ less for a 7 night cruise on Escape (during peak Spring Break season) than I will be paying on Vista for an 8 night cruise this August. And that's not counting the unlimited beverage package and dining package we got on Escape. Or the photo package (50 printed photos and a USB drive of all of your photos) and a $100 in arcade tokens. So really, it was well over $2,000 less to go on NCL than Carnival. Comparable ships, Carnival is an extra night. NCL was during a more in-demand season.

Bottom line, please nickel and dime me a few hundred bucks when I'm saving thousands on the base price.

And again, not preferring one over the other yet. I haven't sailed Carnival. Looking forward to the experience. As I am with MSC and Seaside next year. That trip is about the same price as Vista. Almost exactly. But, we're in a YC Deluxe Suite and they matched NCL status and gave us an extra 5% off base price.

There are (at least) two kinds of consumers into day's consumer marketplace (i.e., beyond just cruises), with regard to this pricing model: One set of consumers sees an added fee and reacts negatively to it without regard to how the lower base charge and the added fee add up to a total; the other set of consumers sees a lower base charge and reacts positively to it without regard to how the lower base charge and the added fee add up to a total. The reason why we're seeing this more and more, especially in the mainstream layer of the marketplace, is because there are far more of the latter than of the former. (Those that understand how the lower base charge and the added fee add up to a total aren't affected positively or negatively; they realize it is a wash.)

Per my other post. Exactly. I'll pay hundreds for extras if I can save thousands in the long run. Not everyone wants drinks, photos OR a hot breakfast. Why should I pay for it unless I want it?

I am so sad, I don't see the salmon for my lox and bagel...I always ordered that on port days. Oh well, I will have to go to the MDR for the avocado toast :)

On my December Magic cruise I asked for lox to be brought up with my bagel and it was done. No extra charge

it was great. They did get an extra tip however.

Ha. I'm not loyal to one cruise line. YET. Given we are exploring all of them that cater to families, except Disney. Just too step for me to pay twice what I have to on other lines for the brand. I will say at least NCL gave me that option whereas Carnival doesn't. If they did, I bet they'd make you pay for it. But they don't because they don't want you to say they at nickel and diming you.

Overall I found NCL to be a tremendous value. I paid $1,000+ less for a 7 night cruise on Escape (during peak Spring Break season) than I will be paying on Vista for an 8 night cruise this August. And that's not counting the unlimited beverage package and dining package we got on Escape. Or the photo package (50 printed photos and a USB drive of all of your photos) and a $100 in arcade tokens. So really, it was well over $2,000 less to go on NCL than Carnival. Comparable ships, Carnival is an extra night. NCL was during a more in-demand season.

Bottom line, please nickel and dime me a few hundred bucks when I'm saving thousands on the base price.

There is no such things a free lunch. Why is it they offer all these freebies? Is the free unlimited drink program free? All that said, if NCL floats your boat happy cruising........

25 years ago there was no comedy club, guy's burgers, blue iguana, etc.

or Cheers program. or...

Royal charges about $8 for room service, but I don't think food costs on top of that.

Very true but used to have professional entertainment in main lounge every night, capt party and past guest party.

So they have taken away quite a bit.

I am so sad, I don't see the salmon for my lox and bagel...I always ordered that on port days. Oh well, I will have to go to the MDR for the avocado toast :)

You might as well double dip and get salmon, lox, and bagel, too. It's available.

There is no such things a free lunch. Why is it they offer all these freebies? Is the free unlimited drink program free? All that said, if NCL floats your boat happy cruising........

So true! Not loyal to any cruise line. First 6 on Carnival ( less expensive), 1RCI ( just to experience something different). Last 2 on NCL with 1 CCL coming up and 1 more NCL booked.

I will say when I compare things that WE enjoy ( drinks, some specialty dining and balcony cabin, NCL pricing is very comparable and some times less expensive than CCL.

That nickel and diming , don't all cruise lines have extra fees for certain things?

Just don't see the need to bash any cruise lines, NONE of them are perfect.